"Go On Oli"

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

WorksopBlade86

Reaction score
"Go On Oli"
"Come On Oli"
"Give It To Oli"
"You've Got To Ask For It Oli"

If you are the man in the Family Corner who relentlessly and impressively loudly repeated these phrases (plus a few more) for a good 30 minute block of the 2nd half yesterday then you my friend are an absolute legend - you made me, my young daughter and many more around us chuckle at your dedicated backing (and borderline frustration at times) of Mr McBurnie.

I walked out when Brewsters yellow was turned into a red so unfortunately missed what i'm sure was your crowning glory on 103 minutes when your man came good!

At first I thought this to be another attempt at creating a player song, in which I was like.... oh dear that is dire 😂😂

It's nice to read of positivity though and true determination and support. Whoever this bloke was then fair play to him for getting behing his player and his belief.....vocal positivity we need more of!!

"Go On Oli"
"Come On Oli"
"Give It To Oli"
"You've Got To Ask For It Oli"

If you are the man in the Family Corner who relentlessly and impressively loudly repeated these phrases (plus a few more) for a good 30 minute block of the 2nd half yesterday then you my friend are an absolute legend - you made me, my young daughter and many more around us chuckle at your dedicated backing (and borderline frustration at times) of Mr McBurnie.

I walked out when Brewsters yellow was turned into a red so unfortunately missed what i'm sure was your crowning glory on 103 minutes when your man came good!
I thought you were on about olly from the sheff utd way, s appearance on motd 2!😂

I thought the same, and in the absence of any tune suggestion, was already trying to work it to Come on Eileen.
Needless to say I failed miserably! 😂

Some of my attempts at creating Kop worthy chants have failed miserably down the years, but even I wouldn't have tried making an ear worm catchy number out of these quotes....... as for Come on Eileen, that is very left field haha.

My personal favourite was one particular burst of "You've got to ask for it Oli" which I'm pretty certain got an airing when Bogle had the ball at right back deep in our own half.

What a man, It was genuinely funny - hope he does the same against Villa!

Back
Top Bottom