Games against the bottom 10

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

munksyb

Reaction score
I just hope we look across the city, & see what knee jerk reactions of sacking managers gets you

We have only played 2 games against sides in the bottom 10
That was Everton & Florist where we were unlucky not to win at the death against Everton, and unlucky late on not to draw away at Florist

There’s lots of games within the bottom 10 to look forward to

It's not the results that bother me, it's the performance. It's the lack of tactical response from Hecky with late subs.

Against Man City they had 15 shots in the first half after putting us under non-stop pressure. Before they scored in the 63rd minute they'd already racked up another 12 shots. Changes should've been made prior to this as it was inevitable that they were going to score. Hecky did nothing. He saw it as "while it's 0-0 I don't need to do anything." Funnily enough they scored.

Against Spurs it was exactly the same. His first sub came in the 70th minute and only made two more in the 80th minute.

Against Newcastle he naively swapped to a back four, putting players out of position. Even then most of his subs didn't come until after we were 5-0 down when it was too late.

Against West Ham it was yet another battering. After the match he said they recognised that their height was a threat and they knew they needed to make changes to counter that. He made his first change in the 76th minute. Why did it take so long to counter what he knew would be an issue before a ball was kicked.

I have no faith in Hecky turning this around as he is not of his depth, tactically clueless, reacts too slowly and normally after the inevitable goal has been conceded, instead of before to stop it. He keeps picking the same players no matter how error prone they have been.

The funny thing is that the wanting signs were there last season when we went on that long winless streak where Boro nearly caught us. Often in games he made no tactical changes, just late baffling subs that had no impact.

Do I think sacking Hecky will save us from relegation? No. Do I think sacking him might improve these lifeless, turgid, limp performances that we've been seeing and actually see us defend set pieces and string two passes together? Yes.

By the same logic as a lot of our fans are employing

Wednesday should keep Xisco as we are doing with hecky

Let’s not forget Xisco has a championship promotion on his CV

By the same logic as a lot of our fans are employing

Wednesday should keep Xisco as we are doing with hecky

Let’s not forget Xisco has a championship promotion on his CV

You've told us Hecky should go on about 50 different threads.

The vast majority have made it clear that they disagree with you and he should be given more time.

Can't you take the hint and just give it a rest?

I just hope we look across the city, & see what knee jerk reactions of sacking managers gets you

That was Everton & Florist where we were unlucky not to win at the death against Everton, and unlucky late on not to draw away at Florist

Take me to your dealer, how are you finding the positives 😂

I'm hoping we can have some really entertaining and exciting games against the lesser teams. Apart from Luton (and that's a toss up) we, IMO, have the worst starting XI so it'll need to be a real team performance and a good back and forth to win games

I
I'm hoping we can have some really entertaining and exciting games against the lesser teams. Apart from Luton (and that's a toss up) we, IMO, have the worst starting XI so it'll need to be a real team performance and a good back and forth to win games
I'd like to see us play with the ball as opposed to heckies tactics of playing without the ball

It's not the results that bother me, it's the performance. It's the lack of tactical response from Hecky with late subs.

Against Man City they had 15 shots in the first half after putting us under non-stop pressure. Before they scored in the 63rd minute they'd already racked up another 12 shots. Changes should've been made prior to this as it was inevitable that they were going to score. Hecky did nothing. He saw it as "while it's 0-0 I don't need to do anything." Funnily enough they scored.

Against Spurs it was exactly the same. His first sub came in the 70th minute and only made two more in the 80th minute.

Against Newcastle he naively swapped to a back four, putting players out of position. Even then most of his subs didn't come until after we were 5-0 down when it was too late.

Against West Ham it was yet another battering. After the match he said they recognised that their height was a threat and they knew they needed to make changes to counter that. He made his first change in the 76th minute. Why did it take so long to counter what he knew would be an issue before a ball was kicked.

I have no faith in Hecky turning this around as he is not of his depth, tactically clueless, reacts too slowly and normally after the inevitable goal has been conceded, instead of before to stop it. He keeps picking the same players no matter how error prone they have been.

The funny thing is that the wanting signs were there last season when we went on that long winless streak where Boro nearly caught us. Often in games he made no tactical changes, just late baffling subs that had no impact.

Do I think sacking Hecky will save us from relegation? No. Do I think sacking him might improve these lifeless, turgid, limp performances that we've been seeing and actually see us defend set pieces and string two passes together? Yes.
A sub in the 70th minute has to play for about25/30 minutes : many have not been fit enough to do more than that.
How early are you suggesting we bring on fresh legs ?
When the bench is full of players ready to make an impact at 46 to 60 then we may see different changes.
I would suggest that with a full bench the turgidity that you refer to may be gone. Let’s see by mid November.

Have you seen our bench ?

Who the fk would you bring on ?

I’m amazed he brings any of that shambles on as early as 70 mins .

Blame Hecky all you want - it’s like building a pyramid with a spoon

Have you seen our bench ?

Who the fk would you bring on ?

I’m amazed he brings any of that shambles on as early as 70 mins .

Blame Hecky all you want - it’s like building a pyramid with a spoon
They’re largely his signings 😂

So you’ve picked Man City…,Champions of Europe, Premier League and FA Cup,
Newcastle, who just put 4 past one of the most expensive teams in Europe and West Ham who are also a European Cup Winning side….🤷‍♂️

We had more shots on target v Everton
One less shot on target than Forrest.

The OP is probably spot on that we stand a much better chance against the “bottom” 10.

Have you seem the subs bench we've had?

Why doesnt he get some of those world class internationals off the bench and just switch formationas like pep does ?
I dont get it

I don’t think any manager survives with his record. They know he’s out of his depth and it’s not his fault. That’s why pigs made a change.

You cannot run an organisation / business and accept failure and expect to be successful. It’s all about standards. Pigs are a mess but they try to be successful even if it’s funny.

I don’t think any manager survives with his record. They know he’s out of his depth and it’s not his fault. That’s why pigs made a change.

You cannot run an organisation / business and accept failure and expect to be successful. It’s all about standards. Pigs are a mess but they try to be successful even if it’s funny.
Nobody knows if he's out his depth. He's had 7 of the 38 matches so far and crucially he's not had an available/fit team for any of them.

It's got absolutely zero to do with Sheffield Wednesday as well. We should definitely be taking no heed of what they do.

It's got absolutely zero to do with Sheffield Wednesday as well. We should definitely be taking no heed of what they do.

So true.

The same people who were feting 'Mr Chansiri' 6 years ago, now want him out, presumably because he has spunked loads of money, but not enough.

Ffs, thought this was on the wrong section and should have been in the pig n truffle section with replies along ...paddle play, spanking etc etc ...what a disappointment........

Carry on as you were 😆

Nobody knows if he's out his depth. He's had 7 of the 38 matches so far and crucially he's not had an available/fit team for any of them.

Please note this is Hecky second spell in PL.

Please note this is Hecky second spell in PL.
Would you not think it's absolutely mad to comment on his first spell?! Seeing as we were broken.

And if we were including that spell, I think we got half our league wins under Hecky.

Pretty much nails it.

However of course with the new (5 subs from a registered 7 subs) subs rule, then squad quality becomes as important as first 11 quality.
We can just about scratch together 11 players who potentially can compete in the PL but in reality you need 20 players of PL quality.

Think our results have been half decent.....losing by 1 goal in many matches is respectable, can't really complain, especially against decent teams.
However my issue is possibly the results are masking the reality of how bad we are.
The tactics seem to be based on "damage limitation", let's defend for our lives and just hope we can knick a goal from a corner or long throw-in.
That's how a league 1 team would approach a game when playing PL opposition on the cup. Neither Luton or Burnley have adopted them tactics.

Based on the players we are (at worse) an upper level Championship team...so I expected us to have a more ambitious game plan and at least have a few attacks.
Also what is really concerning is the recent lack of effort and almost acceptance that we're going to lose as though confidence has gone.
Appreciate it's difficult, made worse due to our lack of preparation with the last minute signings, so agree that Hecky deserves some slack, also he's likeable which helps give him time but ultimately it's the managers responsibility to get a tune out of his players, design a strategy/game plan to compete giving us a chance.

I know we were promoted last season but those stood around me on the Kop, all calm, non reactionary 50's age group, weren't entirely convinced.
At times (short spells in every match) we couldn't string 3 passes together last season but had the luxury of relying on N'diaye to get us out of jail.
Post match I'd be expected a realistic appraisal of our positives and negatives but Hecky was almost always positive after a win.
I'm thinking, get the players in practicing keep possession, pass and move exercises. Our defence was often excellent but very overworked most matches
in the Championship as though we had no defensive midfield, this was never mentioned in post match interviews either.
We hardly played the ball...building up through midfield, we tended to pass to Norwood who would try the long/ direct pass.
So it's no surprise really that without N'Diaye we look a bit lost with no structure.

Also the alarm bells rang when Hecky said if he had his way he'd love to take Sharp, Fleck, Stevens, Basham, Osborn etc into the PL when they all clearly struggled at Championship level, so maybe he's too nice to his players? Lowe didn't look Championship standard last season and played like he wasn't even trying.

My fear is this team would be mid table at best, in the Championship because we're basically starting afresh with little plan or structure.
Hope Hecky proves me wrong and it's a valid point that we have our own league when we play Luton, Everton, Burnley, Bournmouth and Wolves
but I think we have a 0% chance of staying up with Hecky and might even challenge the record low points total.
Where as with another manger we have a 25% chance of staying, guaranteed to be more competitive and won't be anywhere near Derby's record.

Another point which I find shocking are comments from our fanbase like

1: We're can't compete at this level and should just accept relegation because everyone knew we'd be relegated.
Here's me thinking if we are to be relegated then no Blades teams goes down without a fight.

2: We don't belong in the Premier League and anyway the Championship is a better league, thats our true home.
Here's me thinking what was the point in gaining promotion. Do fans realise we've spent most of our history in the top flight.
I'm thinking if a new buyer reads these comments...then they'll run away.
If the fanbase have zero ambition then what's the point in new ownership?

3: Doesn't matter what we do this season...could lose every match...we must still stick with Hecky...I like him.
Here's me thinking what's liking and disliking a manager got to do with it. Surely a love of Sheff Utd overrides any manager.
Also how can anyone be given the green light to perform how they like.
Creating history for our worse ever league defeat is embarrassing and it could have been 10 or 11 nil.
Every person should always be accountable, the buck stops at the manager.
Agree he's deserved some loyalty and support but we can't bury our heads in the sand and just ignore what's happening.
As mentioned we've played some of the better teams a lately, so lets judge us when we play bottom half teams.

... . That’s why pigs made a change.

…... Pigs are a mess but they try to be successful even if it’s funny.
dear lord, are you suggesting that the pigs are better run than us😂😂

We all laugh at channy and his megalomaniac ways, but your implying we follow suit?

let’s not forget that Hecky gave us some pride in the relegation season, took us to playoffs after the Slav debacle, then took us up last season despite a transfer embargo.

Agree he’s sometimes slow to react, but when he looks at the bench he may well think what’s out there is his best bet

And based upon big D’s track record of running a football club, whatever he does……
Do the fucking opposite

Back
Top Bottom