FFP Hack

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

United's Arab Emirate

Nude Member
Reaction score
With the billions being spent by the Saudi League on fees, wages etc and some of the eye watering offers they have made.
What would stop an owner, such as Newcastle's, owning a Saudi club and either buying players for £100s of millions on crazy wages and simply loaning them to their Premier League club, with the Premier league club only paying a percentage of their wages?
Similar to the above, what would be to stop them selling players from their Premier league club to their Saudi team for multiple times their actual value?
Apologies if this has already been discussed, it just seems like a gaping big loophole that will likely be abused in the near future, in the age of billionaires/corporations owning multiple clubs?
UTB

With the billions being spent by the Saudi League on fees, wages etc and some of the eye watering offers they have made.
What would stop an owner, such as Newcastle's, owning a Saudi club and either buying players for £100s of millions on crazy wages and simply loaning them to their Premier League club, with the Premier league club only paying a percentage of their wages?
Similar to the above, what would be to stop them selling players from their Premier league club to their Saudi team for multiple times their actual value?
Apologies if this has already been discussed, it just seems like a gaping big loophole that will likely be abused in the near future, in the age of billionaires/corporations owning multiple clubs?
UTB
Legitimate concern. I think the premier league has recently ruled there can be no loans between clubs who are in the same multi-club ownership, such as Man City, Newcastle, et al. This was a reaction to concerns from other top 6 teams that Newcastle were sizing up a loan for the lad Wolves sold to a Saudi team for big money in the summer.

Not sure we have a lot to worry about with United World, although I guess we’ll now miss out on all those quality loan signings from Kerela United!

• Premier League clubs may not register more than two players on loan at any one time.
• The maximum number of loans registrable in the same season is four, and, under no circumstances, shall more than one be from the same club at any one time.

As for selling players for inflated prices, no idea. Already happening isn't it?

Legitimate concern. I think the premier league has recently ruled there can be no loans between clubs who are in the same multi-club ownership, such as Man City, Newcastle, et al. This was a reaction to concerns from other top 6 teams that Newcastle were sizing up a loan for the lad Wolves sold to a Saudi team for big money in the summer.

Not sure we have a lot to worry about with United World, although I guess we’ll now miss out on all those quality loan signings from Kerela United!
That's interesting, regarding the loan rule and closes one exploitation avenue. I guess the unfortunate side of this could be for more humble multi-club set ups, such as ours, where loans between clubs in a group can be used as an excellent opportunity to gradually develop younger players with competitive football, in a less stressful environment and at a slightly lower level.
I agree, the spending and receiving of £100s millions seems a million miles away from a problem that we are likely to have 🤣
I can definitely see situations arising where a player such as Mbappe is bought by a Saudi club for £200+ million, with huge signing on bonuses and front loaded wages with the player/players family being "unable to settle" given as an excuse to then sell the player to their other team in the Premier League for £70 million and on wages that keep them within FFP.
UTB

I was thinking, what if the owners of Newcastle created a new product called "Geordie oil" marketed it and sold it, could the profits from this product the be put into the football club??

• Premier League clubs may not register more than two players on loan at any one time.
• The maximum number of loans registrable in the same season is four, and, under no circumstances, shall more than one be from the same club at any one time.

As for selling players for inflated prices, no idea. Already happening isn't it?

That's only domestic loans.

You can loan an infinite amount of foreign registered players. We have 3 loans at the moment because Larouci doesn't count in that rule.

I believe the Premier League is currently considering rules to make sure transfers reflect “fair market value” in order to prevent some of these shenanigans.

And people wonder why so many old skool fans flock to non league football these days . Its affordable its how football should be .
Early football involved teams like Bury, Preston etc winning trophies not trophies bought through money wealth.

That's interesting, regarding the loan rule and closes one exploitation avenue. I guess the unfortunate side of this could be for more humble multi-club set ups, such as ours, where loans between clubs in a group can be used as an excellent opportunity to gradually develop younger players with competitive football, in a less stressful environment and at a slightly lower level.
I agree, the spending and receiving of £100s millions seems a million miles away from a problem that we are likely to have 🤣
I can definitely see situations arising where a player such as Mbappe is bought by a Saudi club for £200+ million, with huge signing on bonuses and front loaded wages with the player/players family being "unable to settle" given as an excuse to then sell the player to their other team in the Premier League for £70 million and on wages that keep them within FFP.
UTB
Isnt that what the tree shagging cunts did?

I think a bigger worry with Saudi ( and other such regimes) is that the players don't have to be at a linked club.

If the crown prince goes to see owner x of club y, and says "make this happen and I'll square it away with you another way", it happens.

I can't see how you can legislate against that

I think a bigger worry with Saudi ( and other such regimes) is that the players don't have to be at a linked club.

If the crown prince goes to see owner x of club y, and says "make this happen and I'll square it away with you another way", it happens.

I can't see how you can legislate against that
Agreed, also an easy tool to use to circumvent the loaning to your own club or accusations of selling way below or above fair market value due to conflict of interest. I'm not sure how the governing bodies can resolve this.

Domestic only

Not seen them mentioned but part of this is what Chelsea are accused of

Simple solution. Get back to the old days in English football.
Chelsea and man utd both in the old division 2.
Both didn't buy football they struggled and the game was fair.
Todays young uns are fed shit and wealth and about football and glory hunters are the norm.
Give me the blades in 81/82 in division 4 anyway. We had fun we travelled in massive numbers everywhere and no glory hunters.

Think this is going to a vote some time in November, nothing agreed yet

I believe the Premier League is currently considering rules to make sure transfers reflect “fair market value” in order to prevent some of these shenanigans.
Thea’ll be retrospectively investigating most of our transfer deals since 2019 if the concept of “fair market value” is brought in!

I gather that it’s one of the reasons why some clubs invest so much in their academy - gives them a route to value youngsters at stupid amounts and then write off the losses when they fail to make the grade

Don’t think Saudi’s are covered by any recognised bodies eg FIFA etc so might not be able to do inter club loans. Not fact, just spitballing

The way things are going it’ll be Man City win the league this year and then Newcastle next then Man City then Newcastle

I was thinking, what if the owners of Newcastle created a new product called "Geordie oil" marketed it and sold it, could the profits from this product the be put into the football club??

They had a go back in the day with jumpers and jeans:

I really hope it takes off and they start robbing the Premier Leagues top players, the TV deals become less attractive, and English football is left with what it has sown.
It'll be nice to watch the Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal fans etc go back to watching show jumping or equestrian or whatever else they were watching before they realised you could get a glass of Pimms at the football.

The vote to temporarily ban loans between related clubs hasn't passed. Clubs voted 13-7 in favour of the ban, one short of the 14 votes needed to pass the motion.

The vote to temporarily ban loans between related clubs hasn't passed. Clubs voted 13-7 in favour of the ban, one short of the 14 votes needed to pass the motion.
Bit behind the times there, mate. It actually turned out to be 12-8, and we were one of clubs who voted against.

Bit behind the times there, mate. It actually turned out to be 12-8, and we were one of clubs who voted against.
I got my information from Sky Sports this morning. Where have you seen the 12-8 split?
I'm guessing that our owner has either been promised something in return or has been made an offer that he can't refuse! Disappointing that we have voted the way we have though.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231122_101840_Sky Sports.jpg
    Screenshot_20231122_101840_Sky Sports.jpg
    777.7 KB · Views: 1
I got my information from Sky Sports this morning. Where have you seen the 12-8 split?
I'm guessing that our owner has either been promised something in return or has been made an offer that he can't refuse! Disappointing that we have voted the way we have though.

I think Burnley weren’t included to begin with going on what people have said.

Back
Top Bottom