Player Suggestion Eiran Cashin

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Charlie Hughes at Wigan might be a decent alternative and Wigan are more likely to need to sell.

He’s being linked with Ipswich and West Ham though so we’d face some competition for his signature.

I would add Ronnie Edwards at Peterborough to the list. Highly regarded and a England u20 regular.
Edward is a weird one has the pedigree I agree but he’s a bit on the short side at under 6ft and Peterborough apparently wanted 15 million for him last year and their chairman isn’t the easiest to deal with.

I’d happily have him here but not at that price.

Does he wear number 6? Just watching highlights and for a young lad he got skinned loads by the Exeter striker 🙈

Edward is a weird one has the pedigree I agree but he’s a bit on the short side at under 6ft and Peterborough apparently wanted 15 million for him last year and their chairman isn’t the easiest to deal with.

I’d happily have him here but not at that price.
I’ve seen him play I wouldn’t say he’s under 6ft. Looked 6ft + against Wednesday in playoffs.

Checked Wiki says he’s 5ft11 but Wiki isn’t the most reliable.

Very calm on the ball and has all the attributes to be a premier league defender.

I’d be looking here over Holgate. If the club is still serious about bringing in young players where we can add value…

I’ve seen him play I wouldn’t say he’s under 6ft. Looked 6ft + against Wednesday in playoffs.

Checked Wiki says he’s 5ft11 but Wiki isn’t the most reliable.

Very calm on the ball and has all the attributes to be a premier league defender.
I like him and think he’ll go a lot higher than Peterborough it’s just if they want 15 for him that’s us out of the race before it starts

I like him and think he’ll go a lot higher than Peterborough it’s just if they want 15 for him that’s us out of the race before it starts
They didn’t sell Toney for that. What they asking for and and what they’ll accept are two different things.

Please look at this lad Widler, he's been Derbys stand out player again this season, according to the Derby fans I was with last night, hes by far and away their best player, even they say he's to good for the club, and exactly what we're looking for in a CB, another John Egan!

This is the slightly depressing thing isn’t it?

Having completely shit the bed in the recruitment department in recent times, even these players are not considered.

Our pond is going to be:
1. Out of contract Championship players and below.
2. Premiership youths who they wish to send on loan.
3. Players relegated from the Championship.
4. Players from the league below at clubs with small finances.

This is going to immediately rule out:
1. Proper signings from Championship rivals who are in contract.
2. Signings from the likes of Peterborough who hold out for good fees unless contracts push them to move on I.e. watch with interest on Burrows.
3. Out of favour Prem players of experience due to wages.

So Wilder will have to create a whole that is greater than the sum of its parts.

I’m not even convinced we will be ‘in’ for our current players if we have extensions to trigger. We’ll be looking at lower terms.

I know Jimmy @ Blades Ramble had his Dad on, who I think used to scout for Everton. He had the likes of Cashin and whether he’s good enough or not, I reckon even him, Jacob Greaves and the Peterborough centre backs are beyond our reach.

Sad thing is, this will put us on no better position in 12 months even if we could scramble a promotion.

Last edited:

Having completely shit the bed in the recruitment department in recent times, even these players are not considered.

Our pond is going to be:

2. Signings from the likes of Peterborough who hold out for good fees unless contracts push them to move on I.e. watch with interest on Burrows.

So Wilder will have to create a whole that is greater than the sum of its parts.

I’m not even convinced we will be ‘in’ for our current players if we have extensions to trigger. We’ll be looking at lower terms.

I know Jimmy @ Blades Ramble had his Dad on, who I think used to scout for Everton. He had the likes of Cashin and whether he’s good enough or not, I reckon even him, Jacob Greaves and the Peterborough centre backs are beyond our reach.

Sad thing is, this will put us on no better position in 12 months even if we could scramble a promotion.
I I would accept a scrambled promotion Champs ! It will be a new team with a complete refit this summer .We have the opportunity to really fix some of the weaknesses we have.Wilder did it in division 1, championship now with a real shake up of the squad,we have some good players mixed in with the dross! Can Wilder do a refit a division higher this time.
I think he will have more money to bring in players this time round although mainly frees will be key .I.
Wasn't keen on Wilder coming back initially but he's here now so have to back him.
He new division 1 when he came in 1st time round! He knows whats needed in the championship being in and around it for a good few years ( Warnock'esk),going to be a busy window this one !

Our pond is going to be:

So pretty much like everyone else in the Championship, then.

Our pond is going to be:

I'm shocked that this is coming as a surprise to you? I thought we all knew this was where we were likely to find ourselves given the financial situation.
The only bit I'd contest is Premiership youths. I think we'll be a good chunk of budget for loans and not all with be Premier youths, but experienced players no longer wanted who we can't afford unless we go up.

We won't be in the same position in 12 months though, as those players brought in will be embedded and we should have at very least a framework of what will be our next iteration. That assumes we've not managed to get back up first season of course.

We have parachute payments but an owner unwilling to put money in; other teams (Boro, Sunderland etc) have owners willing to put the money in but no parachute payments.

I can’t see us signing Piroe, Ampadu etc or spending like Leicester. And given the contract situation we don’t have many to sell to get cash back in.

In that regard it feels like we are coming down with parachute payments but none of the clout that that typically affords a relegated team. Thus we’re competing with other Champ teams rather than those coming down with us, who will probably give it a go with better budgets and squads more intact.

Back
Top Bottom