Do one Merson.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The irony of your post calling Luton a nothing club.

They are in name and stature compared to most clubs in the PL and EFL leagues.
Based on history, fanbase, stadium etc, they're probably a mid table league 1 club.
Even them being in the Championship is a great achievement.

That's why people in general want Luton to do well, they are the David versus Goliath story who were recently in the non league. So if they can do it, what's stopping Wrexham, Notts County or even a Chesterfield reaching the PL.

They are in name and stature compared to most clubs in the PL and EFL leagues.
Based on history, fanbase, stadium etc, they're probably a mid table league 1 club.
Even them being in the Championship is a great achievement.

That's why people in general want Luton to do well, they are the David versus Goliath story who were recently in the non league. So if the can do what's stopping Wrexham, Notts County or even a Chesterfield reaching the PL.
Between 82 91 they were a top flight club. Something we could only dream of.

I can never dislike Merson after he scored that weird sliced half-volley...thing against Wednesday at Wembley.

it helps if they can’t string 2 words together let alone matching brain cells (Merson Morrison to name 2) and then refer back to the Garth Crooks book of obvious phrases and there you have it AI Football punditary for under 5’s.
Though weirdly I think there's something likeable about (Clinton) Morrison. Doesn't seem to have an agenda just pleased to get a sentence out.

Agree....let's be honest here. Luton Town is a great story and if not us....then I'd love them to stay up.
Think it shows how tinpot some of our fan must have become if we're jealous of a nothing club like Luton.

Reminds me of how some Wednesday fans have this hatred and rivalry towards little Rotherham United.
How can any United or Wednesday fan have a jealousy or hatred towards our neighbours the Merry Millers.

The problem with media reporting about us is......we don't generally look comfortable on the ball....like you'd expect from a PL team. When you check the stats.....we hardly have any possession and don't tend to have as many shots either.
Also there's a lazy kick and rush, hard working "Sheffield steel" reputation that started with the Bassett and Warnock teams. It's so easy for a pundit that hasn't got a club say "you know what you'll get with Sheffield United, that's hardworking and organisation". Here's me thinking Man City and Liverpool are probably the hardest working teams and most organised teams in the PL, so why dont pundits describe those clubs that way.

He was generally pro Luton because they were having more attacks.
However right at the very end on full-time .....Sherwood did praise us.

He said this match wasn't a case of Luton playing poorly, he said Luton played well
had plenty of attacks but the shelf Utd defence defended well and was generally comfortable.
Said it was a case of Sheffield United just finished their chances better and overall deserved to win.

A fair summary. Another fair summary is that 'Merson and Sherwood are utter useless biased twats'.

I don't care about other clubs what Luton or Burnley or forest do means buggar all to me
I just want us to do the best we can
Today was probably the first time this season we've had 11 players fit enough to play 90 minutes. No walking wounded or rehab players getting minutes in . We saw how we should perform ..Still unlucky enough to lose Norrington Davis though. This we are worse than every other club by a mile nonsense Burnleys on 13 points too and they were champions last season

Old Merson isn’t happy, ironically with West Ham for not doing better against Arsenal 😂

In a few years time, old Merse will be sat in a puddle of his own piss, jabbering on about total bollocks as always, mis pronouncing players names and getting all hysterical about fuck all. And still Sky will persist with employing this dinosaur/buffoon as he was an alcoholic. I wish him well in that daily battle, but I wish he would just fuck off more.

In a few years time, old Merse will be sat in a puddle of his own piss, jabbering on about total bollocks as always, mis pronouncing players names and getting all hysterical about fuck all. And still Sky will persist with employing this dinosaur/buffoon as he was an alcoholic. I wish him well in that daily battle, but I wish he would just fuck off more.
In a few years time? Think he’s probably there already.

It’s strange that they’ve kept him, but for some reason Sky’s secondary tier of pundits (soccer Saturday crowd) are generally useless. They’d be better off employing not just ex pros anyway as they’ve opened up the floor to former women footballers who’ve never played at the top level so can’t really compare their experiences.

Why not bring in some eloquent and educated fans or professionals who can talk about the game better. Plenty around on social media and lower end sports podcasts or chats, Jay the stats guy on Bladespod was very good as he could speak well, (I appreciate he’s at Luton now so just an example).

The irony of Tim Sherwood….a failed manager who is quite happy to sneer at us whilst conveniently omitting to mention the fact that he helped manage Villa to their relegation with 17 points a few years ago with a squad that included Jack Grealish! Don’t think he’s had a proper job since!

Last edited:

Not so bothered about Merson, he knows he's a thick southern twat and would probably agree with you if you called him one.

Sherwood is a different kettle of fish altogether, he believes that because he's from the South he belongs to a higher class and can slag off anything Northern that he sees as being beneath him.

It's pure ignorance from a prick that won a title with BLACKBURN ROVERS and fuck all at Spurs.

He is actually quite accurate in his reporting. I enjoy listening to him.

I agree and listening to him, I always hear a glint in the corner of his eye. I can even forgive his time as a pig.

He does have that annoying yoof thing though, about 'arksing a question'.

Soccer Saturday crowd are unbearable now, Thomas isn't a patch on Jeff and scruffy looking half the time, Merse is there for his own safety, spouting crap, Morrison never goees home, he's on all the time. Then that Mackie chap with the girly voice and Sherwood the southern snob. Hardly watch it now due to reasons above

Have to agree. Maybe nostalgia plays tricks but it was far more enjoyable when the panel consisted of Best, Marsh, McClintock, Mullery and even to a certain extent Thompson, Cottee, Le Tissjer

Have to agree. Maybe nostalgia plays tricks but it was far more enjoyable when the panel consisted of Best, Marsh, McClintock, Mullery and even to a certain extent Thompson, Cottee, Le Tissjer
Really? Best was always pissed and incoherent, Marsh talked over people and thought he was the last voice. Then they used to dig up folk like Gerry [atric] Francis or Pat Bonner for Celtic euro games. Or wheeled in Gordon Mcqueen

I used to quite like Merson - something about the rebel in him appealed for some reason.
Now though, he comes across as an arrogant arsehole who opens his mouth & shit falls out of it.

The current Sky panel aren't exactly producing pearls of wisdom. They don't sound any more knowledgeable than anyone else who has played football at any level. And they're more than a bit hazy on the laws of the game.

The sad thing for us isn't that they dislike us they just don't care about us. They know practically nothing about us and aren't bothered to find out anything about us.

They expect us to just be up for a season and then disappear back down to the EFL again.

Back
Top Bottom