Comparison with Danny Wilson's 2012/2013 season?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FMBlade1

Reaction score
Ok this may be pointless, but thinking about it there are a few similarities:

Wilson was brought in the season before to much objection. It resulted in a loss in the play-offs on penalties.
Heckingbottom was brought in last season to a fair amount of objection (though not to Wilson's level). It resulted in a loss in the play-offs on penalties.

Wilson lost the best player from the previous season, Ched Evans
Heckingbottom lost the best player from last season, MGW

Danny Wilson was sacked in April 2013 when our promotion push was faltering after a bad home loss against Crawley. Automatic promotion was still in our hands at that point however.

We are in March 2013 and our promotion push is faltering after a bad home loss against Luton Town, however automatic promotion is still in our hands.

The question is what will happen next? The last time we were in this similar situation we sacked the manager, got a member of the coaching staff, Chris Morgan, in and the season ended poorly with failure in the play-offs.

If Heckingbottom is to go, I just hope we don't replace him with Jack Lester... in fact I don't think we should get rid at all for these reasons. I think the timing is wrong to change managers and there isn't anyone out there at present who is better placed who could get us over the line, whilst at the same time being suitable for whatever our plans will be for next season.

Improvements/change is needed with how we perform. We have demonstrated that we are flat-track bullies, it may be enough to see us through if we get back on track.

UTB

Ok this may be pointless, but thinking about it there are a few similarities:

Wilson was brought in the season before to much objection. It resulted in a loss in the play-offs on penalties.
Heckingbottom was brought in last season to a fair amount of objection (though not to Wilson's level). It resulted in a loss in the play-offs on penalties.

Wilson lost the best player from the previous season, Ched Evans
Heckingbottom lost the best player from last season, MGW

Danny Wilson was sacked in April 2013 when our promotion push was faltering after a bad home loss against Crawley. Automatic promotion was still in our hands at that point however.

We are in March 2013 and our promotion push is faltering after a bad home loss against Luton Town, however automatic promotion is still in our hands.

The question is what will happen next? The last time we were in this similar situation we sacked the manager, got a member of the coaching staff, Chris Morgan, in and the season ended poorly with failure in the play-offs.

If Heckingbottom is to go, I just hope we don't replace him with Jack Lester... in fact I don't think we should get rid at all for these reasons. I think the timing is wrong to change managers and there isn't anyone out there at present who is better placed who could get us over the line, whilst at the same time being suitable for whatever our plans will be for next season.

Improvements/change is needed with how we perform. We have demonstrated that we are flat-track bullies, it may be enough to see us through if we get back on track.

UTB
Pointless

Here's an easy possible solution.

We've been a coach down all season since Prince wouldn't fund it. Would it not be a good time to bring someone in? As far as I'm aware the embargo is only playing staff. Freshen things up again. Bring some new ideas.

As many people have mentioned, we don't have the money to sack PH and bring in a replacement. We're struggling to pay the Sky bill at Shirecliffe.

He's not a terrible manager. Look at his time at Barnsley, his results last season. It's down to him that we're still four points clear of 3rd. He'll know that yesterday wasn't good enough and we need to shake things up on Wednesday.

It's worse

And at least Wilson provided some entertainment

He also had an unprecedented failure excuse with Ched

Wilson was shite really but got shat on with that and again by McCabe with the Bkackman sale. Then his career never recovered. Quite unfortunate

Back
Top Bottom