Youth Loans

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

robbiez666

Reaction score
Apparently we can't compete with other clubs when it comes to the transfer market and we're being priced out of deals (normally for players starting for clubs who are better than us - who knew?).

If it's so difficult to sign players (surprised we managed to get Hussey and Wilson over the line given the stark competition...) and seemingly have almost no money, why on earth are we not looking to use our full compliment of youth loans?

We have Chapman, a kid with rave reviews who has failed to oust the likes of Scougal and Done for the first XI. He should obviously start (given he played at this level last season for a better team).

Youth loans are very cheap or free in terms of wages, so there's absolutely no excuse (I'm sure Wilder will find one) for us not to look to solve our problems there. The only position where we'd need experience is at CB (We seem to be embroiled in another typically nonsense attempt to sign a player whose club won't sell).

CM
pacey CF
FB

all could be addressed through looking at Premiership/Championship youth/development teams

Apparently we can't compete with other clubs when it comes to the transfer market and we're being priced out of deals (normally for players starting for clubs who are better than us - who knew?).

If it's so difficult to sign players (surprised we managed to get Hussey and Wilson over the line given the stark competition...) and seemingly have almost no money, why on earth are we not looking to use our full compliment of youth loans?

We have Chapman, a kid with rave reviews who has failed to oust the likes of Scougal and Done for the first XI. He should obviously start (given he played at this level last season for a better team).

Youth loans are very cheap or free in terms of wages, so there's absolutely no excuse (I'm sure Wilder will find one) for us not to look to solve our problems there. The only position where we'd need experience is at CB (We seem to be embroiled in another typically nonsense attempt to sign a player whose club won't sell).

CM
pacey CF
FB

all could be addressed through looking at Premiership/Championship youth/development teams

Would you send your promising young player who needs to develop to us? Narrow pitch, ball bypassing midfield and moral like liquid dog shit. I know I would look at other options before BDTBL. Somewhere like Burton where they appear to create chances for instance.

Spoke about numerous times but still a valid point,our use of the loan system is poor................not just emergency stop gaps but full season loans from the premier league elite can only help both parent club and our team but we never get any

• Banned
Would you send your promising young player who needs to develop to us? Narrow pitch, ball bypassing midfield and moral like liquid dog shit. I know I would look at other options before BDTBL. Somewhere like Burton where they appear to create chances for instance.

Valid point, but we've previously loaned the likes of:

Coady
Egan
Phillips
Bartley
Batth
De Laet
Vokes
Bunn
Cahill
Bardsley

So, it's not like that necessarily makes a difference. The fact we play in front of relatively large crowds works in our favour as well.

Valid point, but we've previously loaned the likes of:

Coady
Egan
Phillips
Bartley
Batth
De Laet
Vokes
Bunn
Cahill
Bardsley

So, it's not like that necessarily makes a difference. The fact we play in front of relatively large crowds works in our favour as well.

Previously yes, but we weren't previously bottom of the third division and looking like a basket case.

• Banned
Previously yes, but we weren't previously bottom of the third division and looking like a basket case.

Most of those came in the Championship, but almost all when we were shit and had a wally in charge.

You're not going to get the same class of players down here, or at least not at the same point in their development, but there's nothing stopping us loaning players. People loaned players to Blackwell!

Most of those came in the Championship, but almost all when we were shit and had a wally in charge.

You're not going to get the same class of players down here, or at least not at the same point in their development, but there's nothing stopping us loaning players. People loaned players to Blackwell!

I take your point and of course we should try but to be fair to Blackwell he had us finish third in the second division by a point. We were still seen as a club that you wanted to play for back then. It is in my opinion a million miles from that now.

• Banned
2 days to go and still only loaned one player. Given the lack of depth in the squad this seems foolish at best.

Given the pressure at United, I don't think we'd be a first port of call for a top PL youngster.

I think the pressure aspect could work in our favour.

What does scrapping the loan window benefit btw?

As far as I can see all it does is encourage panic signings as the deadline approaches and deprives a lot of young (English) players of the chance of going out and getting first team experience. That doesn't benefit anybody... players, parent clubs, loan clubs, national team - nobody.

What harm would it do opening the loan window for two weeks in the middle of September? They could get rid of the stupid 93 day rule while they're at it as well. Just allow loans until January. Would anybody complain with that?

What does scrapping the loan window benefit btw?

As far as I can see all it does is encourage panic signings as the deadline approaches and deprives a lot of young (English) players of the chance of going out and getting first team experience. That doesn't benefit anybody... players, parent clubs, loan clubs, national team - nobody.

What harm would it do opening the loan window for two weeks in the middle of September? They could get rid of the stupid 93 day rule while they're at it as well. Just allow loans until January. Would anybody complain with that?
I can see where you're coming from Ricky but I completely disagree with the loan window.

Teams such as Chelsea are actually buying players and charging fees to loan players out and making more money than they would if they sold said player.

What teams shouldn't be allowed to do is stock pile players up in their squads, then teams, especially in the lower leagues wouldn't need to loan players at all?

I can see where you're coming from Ricky but I completely disagree with the loan window.

Teams such as Chelsea are actually buying players and charging fees to loan players out and making more money than they would if they sold said player.

What teams shouldn't be allowed to do is stock pile players up in their squads, then teams, especially in the lower leagues wouldn't need to loan players at all?

I thought about that but I really doubt scrapping the loan window is going to deter the big clubs from assembling their huge youth 'rosters'.

I thought about that but I really doubt scrapping the loan window is going to deter the big clubs from assembling their huge youth 'rosters'.
Probably not but there's only one way we'll find out and they've finally done it.

CM
pacey CF
FB

Why should Chapman start?

He started 3 games last season. What credentials does he have to obviously start?

I think this is one of those "it's not what you know, but who" sort of deals. I think a lot of those deals were down to our chief execs at the time being fairly well connected in football (if questioned for their business acumen in other areas).

It's the reason the Director of Football role keeps being mentioned... a football man with a phonebook full of old mates who are now scouts/managers/assistants would go some way to making a higher calibre of players available to us again.

Back
Top Bottom