Your team v Rochdale

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Sothall_Blade

Reaction score
4-3-3
___________Howard
Freeman Basham Collins K.Wallace
______Coutts_______Reed______
____________Baxter____________
JCR_________Sharp________Done

Subs:- Long, Kennedy, McCeveley, Scougall, Woolford, Adams, Sammon

Assuming no new injuries or recoveries and Edgar is out for a while.
Basham over Kennedy because we need consistency at the back and Kennedy can't play "Sat-Tue-Sat-Tue".

If Edgar is fit

----------------Howard---------------
Freeman Edgar Collins Wallace
----------------Basham---------------
JCR-----------------------Coutts-----
-----------------Baxter-----------------
----------Sharp--------Sammon----

If Edgar isn't fit

-----------------Howard-----------------
Freeman Basham Collins Wallace
-------------Coutts----Reed------------
JCR-------------Baxter---------Adams
-------------------Sharp------------------

I don't really want Done starting, maybe give him 30 mins at the end. Really don't want to rush him and playing mid week then playing again on Saturday may be too much for. So id swap him for Sammon/Adams on the 60min.

If Edgar's fit:

Unexpectedloansigning

Freeman Kennedy Collins Wallace

Basham Reed

JCR Baxter Adams

Sharp

Rochdale are typically quite mobile and skillful in midfield so I wouldn't want Coutts and Baxter making up two thirds of ours. Reed's done the basics consistently well recently, including the defensive side of his game, and offers enough from a technical and creative point of view to mean that Coutts won't be missed that much. We also have enough creativity in that attacking midfield trio. If Reed plays it will also free Baxter up to take up more attacking positions because Reed likes to take the ball of the defence like Baxter usually does.

I have no problem with that line up generally, however some people will say that
you are playing one up front and how can you win with one up front, I do not agree,
but only a few weeks ago people on here were insisting we had to play two up front

I don't have a problem with any formation - they are all effective, as long as you have the right personnel to do so.

Playing 1 up front with that 1 being Jose Baxter or Matt Done wouldn't work - especially if you had Coutts and Woolford playing wide and Basham in 'the hole'.

Playing 1 up front with that 1 being Billy Sharp would work - especially if you had Done, JCR or Adams playing out wide and Baxter in 'the hole'.

I'd like to see

Howard

Flynn
Freeman
Collins/Edgar
Kennedy

Baxter
Basham
Scougall

Adams
Done
Sharp

I do agree magic, under clough at the begining we played quick exciting
football with one and usually no striker, was the reason for most of us
to be really optimistic for the following season, we all no where that went
but one up front quickly can became three

Howard

Freeman
Wallace
Collins
Edgar/Kennedy

Basham
Baxter
JCR
Adams

Sharp
Sammon

I would like to see the 11 players with the best mindset to handle the pressure of a league match and actually turn in a performance worth noting.

Sharp would be the first name down every time for me always gives 100% and never hides. Think Done may be of a similar type too so 2nd name down.

It depends on fitness etc but something like

Howard
Freeman Collins Edgar K Wallace
Bash Reed/Coutts
Baxter
Done Adams/JRC
Sharp

I agree with the other posters who say Done has to play - he has to - even if its 60-70 mins.

Sammon doesn't even hold the ball up better than Sharp and wins about as much in the air.

Collins always has to play at the minute and is our first choice centre half. He's the only one in the team who's actually good in the air. Kennedy's a bit small and Edgar's soft.

The only reason I wouldn't put Done in is precautionary. League games are more intense than the walk in the park last night and he actually seemed to injure his shoulder/collarbone again anyway and unless he's 100% got over that he shouldn't be considered for a start, it's not worth the risk.

I'd go for:

- - - - - - - - - -- - - - Howard
Freeman - - Collins - - - - Kennedy - - - McEveley
- - - - Basham - - - -Baxter - - -Scougall
JCR - - - ------------------------ -- -- - - - - - - -- Done
- - - - - - -- -- -- - - - Sharp

Subs: Long, McGahey, K Wallace, Coutts, Adams, Sammon, McNulty (or Woolford or Reed)

4-5-1/4-3-3 worked quite well last night and we just don't seem to have a strong enough CM pair to play 4-4-2 at the moment. Scougall was very good and did enough to earn a start, Done and JCR offer pace and direct running out wide/up front. Adams - regaining fitness and useful to bring off the bench.

McEveley - can't explain why but just feel it's time to give him another chance, K Wallace has done well though...McEveley has a bit of height which is lacking in the rest of my team.

Hope we play at a high tempo and run at them from the start, lots of pressing the ball in their half too, please!!

........................Howard.........................
Freeman - Edgar - Basham - K.Wallace
............Coutts..............Wallace............
Done................Baxter...............Adams
.........................Sharp.............................

Not sure on the fitness of Wallace (obviously) and Edgar.
Would probably leave Wallace out and ease him in gradually but starting Coutts straight away the other night didn't do him in any harm I suppose.
Coutts and Wallace could run the midfield if both are able to keep fit.

Howard
Alcock Edgar Collins Freeman
Campbell-Ryce Basham Baxter Adams
Sharp Sammon

Subs: Long, Kennedy, Wallace, Coutts, Scougall, Flynn, Done​

........................Howard.........................
Freeman - Edgar - Basham - K.Wallace
............Coutts..............Wallace............
Done................Baxter...............Adams
.........................Sharp.............................

Not sure on the fitness of Wallace (obviously) and Edgar.
Would probably leave Wallace out and ease him in gradually but starting Coutts straight away the other night didn't do him in any harm I suppose.
Coutts and Wallace could run the midfield if both are able to keep fit.

Wallace J is miles off the first team, his movement compared to Brayfords [before the 38th minute] was like chalk and cheese at SPS's.

Real shame as Wallace was going to be a major part of my 'glory' team.

4-3-3 ...howard,freeman, bash ,collins,wallace. in midfield coutts baxter scougs. done on left side attack sharp in centre with che on right .

--------------------Howard

Freeman--Kennedy--Collins--Wallace

Coutts-----Baxter-----Basham--Done

---------------Sharp--Sammon

Because it has to the potential to change if needed to

--------------------Howard

Freeman--Kennedy--Collins--Wallace

--------------Coutts---Basham
----------------------Baxter
---Done-----------Sharp----------Sammon

Adams and JCR both raring to on the bench to stretch the game as and when required.

Howard
Freeman Collins Basham Wallace
Reed Baxter
JCR Scougall Done
Sharp

Mine would be:-

Howard
Flynn-Kennedy-Collins-McEveley
JCR-Basham-Reed-Done
Baxter
Sharp

Reactions: Dkc
4-3-3
___________Howard
Freeman Basham Collins K.Wallace
______Coutts_______Reed______
____________Baxter____________
JCR_________Sharp________Done
Subs:- Long, Kennedy, McCeveley, Scougall, Woolford, Adams, Sammon
Assuming no new injuries or recoveries and Edgar is out for a while.
Basham over Kennedy because we need consistency at the back and Kennedy can't play "Sat-Tue-Sat-Tue".

Tea Lady

Freeman Kennedy Ticket Office Girl K.Wallace

JCR Coutts Basham Done

Sharp Sammon

Subs:- Long, Baxter, Reed, Woolford, Adams, McGahey, Dimao

Assuming no new signings, injuries or recoveries and Edgar is out for a while.
UTB & FTP

JCR has to play. If Rochdale play as Keith Hill's teams usually do - and I think they will do due to our defensive vulnerabilities, then it should be an open game. In an open game we definitely want JCR on the pitch. He'll be confident after Tuesday night too.

Don't know what to expect Adkins to go with though. It's an unpredictable one. Coutts seems likely to start but so does JCR, and three in midfield is more of a possibility. But for some reason Sammon seems an automatic starter and that would mean 4-4-2. Maybe he'll go with Coutts on the right and JCR on the left in a 4-4-2.

JCR has to play. If Rochdale play as Keith Hill's teams usually do - and I think they will do due to our defensive vulnerabilities, then it should be an open game. In an open game we definitely want JCR on the pitch. He'll be confident after Tuesday night too.

Don't know what to expect Adkins to go with though. It's an unpredictable one. Coutts seems likely to start but so does JCR, and three in midfield is more of a possibility. But for some reason Sammon seems an automatic starter and that would mean 4-4-2. Maybe he'll go with Coutts on the right and JCR on the left in a 4-4-2.
I've liked the post not necessarily because i want that to happen but because your reasoning and the points you make seem spot on to me.

Howard
Freeman Basham Collins McEveley
Coutts Baxter Scougall
Adams Sharp Done

Long K Wallace Reed JCR Woolford Salmon McNulty

K Wallace has looked off it last two games, McEveley in for his height more than anything as we don't have Edgar. Harsh on Reed who looked good on Tuesday, and JCR who was outstanding, but Adams and Coutts seem to have Golden Balls!

Howard

Freeman Basham/Kennedy Collins McEveley/Wallace

Reed/Coutts

JCR/Adams Done/McNulty

Baxter/Woolford

Sharp

Sammon

name before the "/" is who I would start, name after the "/" is who I would bring on if needed.

Reedy can play defensive, slide tackles, and I would have him in front of the back four. Baxter's passes can make all the difference so have him behind the front two. Sammon to lead, steady the ball for Sharp to run onto.

JCR and Matt Done both deserve a starting place. Adams and McNulty more than capable for the last twenty minute charge/blitz.

Coutts for Reed if needed and Woolford for Baxter as he can run at players, seems strong and could score.

Feel free to shoot me down in flames.

Reactions: Dkc

Think it's going to be very interesting to see what Adkins does in the middle of defence tomorrow. I'm assuming Edgar's out injured – this is a bit of a test in terms of his current thinking re: McEveley following his recent spell out of the team. I can see him going for Kennavaro following his cameo stint at Port Vale.

Back
Top Bottom