Your team v Barnsley?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Sothall_Blade

Reaction score
____________Howard
Freeman Brayford Basham Harris
Flynn Done Doyle Scougall Murphy
____________Davies

Subs:- Turner, McCevely, Reed, Holt, Adams, Baxter, McNulty

Howard

Freeman, Mcevely, Brayford, Harris

Adams, Doyle, Basham, Murphy,

Done
S. Davies.

Subs.
Turner
Alcock
Reed
Macnulty
Scougall
Baxter

Tea masher:
B. Davies

Floor Scrubber
Coutts

Howard
Brayford McEveley Basham Harris
Flynn Doyle Reed Murphy
Done Davies

Turner, Alcock, Baxter, Holt, Adams, McNulty, Coutts

HH

McEveley has been a real liability in all games he's played recently. Obviously he's out of position so it's not entirely his fault but time and again he gets caught under the ball.

For me the back four has to be the same as the last two games.

If they do come and attack us that might play to our counterattacking strengths. Here's hoping.

UTB

____________Howard
Brayford Basham McEveley Harris
Flynn Baxter Doyle Reed Murphy
____________Done

And I'll go for...

Howard
Brayford Basham Kennedy Harris
Reed Doyle
Flynn (Adams if not fit) Done Murphy
Davies

-----------------------Howard

Brayford----Kennedy---McEveley----Harris

----------------Baxter----Basham

Admas-------------Scougall--------------Murphy

------------------------Done

-----------------------Howard

Brayford----Kennedy---McEveley----Harris

----------------Baxter----Basham

Admas-------------Scougall--------------Murphy

------------------------Done
Not a chance in hell of ever getting that from cloughie but that's my favourite team from the ones above

Howard
Freeman Basham Brayford Harris
Reed Doyle Baxter
Done McNulty Murphy
Play all your goalscorers = score goals. That's my philosophy.

Be nice if all our suppoters on our teams side as well

I think the occasion will draw the voices out from SU fans like it did against, charlton, villa, and one of the better matches Southampton, and not forgetting Spurs. The big occasion and the crowd will galvanise the team and we will beat Barnsley. We raise our game for the big matches, and we will be victorious. UTB.

GK Howard
RB Harris
LB Freeman
CB Brayford
CB McEveley
RM Flynn
LM Murphy
CM Doyle
CM Basham
CF Done
CF Mcnulty

Think we need Basham in the middle of midfield for a bit of size.

Mcnulty up front with Done as they're both quite smart players and actually score goals. Mcnulty is a big game player which sadly, this is.

Perhaps this thread could be a sweep to see who is on the right wave length.

Bragging rights to the winner.

Me and magic are going to win!

HH

I think the occasion will draw the voices out from SU fans like it did against, charlton, villa, and one of the better matches Southampton, and not forgetting Spurs. The big occasion and the crowd will galvanise the team and we will beat Barnsley. We raise our game for the big matches, and we will be victorious. UTB.

All depends which SUFC turn up on the day.

UTB

I can't believe some people are leaving Freeman out of their line up. I think he has done his
defensive duties well but has also looked our most dangerous player going forward recently.
Some games lately have been crying out for Che Adams to be introduced but it's almost as
though Cloughie has been scared to do so. I know we have got to look after these kids a bit
but he must be chomping at the bit to get some action and holding him back could have a
negative effect on him. I still think we look a better side with Doyle in front of the back four.
When he came on against Crewe he was moving the ball quicker than any of our midfielders
had done up to his introduction.

I can't believe some people are leaving Freeman out of their line up. I think he has done his
defensive duties well but has also looked our most dangerous player going forward recently.
Some games lately have been crying out for Che Adams to be introduced but it's almost as
though Cloughie has been scared to do so. I know we have got to look after these kids a bit
but he must be chomping at the bit to get some action and holding him back could have a
negative effect on him. I still think we look a better side with Doyle in front of the back four.
When he came on against Crewe he was moving the ball quicker than any of our midfielders
had done up to his introduction.

I agree about Freeman, he's been playing consistently well and doesn't deserve to be dropped.
He played a great, incisive through ball for Murphy's goal against Scunthorpe as well.
If/When Brayford moves to right back, I would probably prefer Freeman to the inconsistent/knackered Harris at left back.

Assuming Kennedy, Flynn, Scougall not fit....

- - - - - - - - - Howard
Freeman Brayford McEveley - Harris
- - - - - Basham - Doyle
- - - - - Baxter
Adams - - - - - - - - - Murphy
- - - - - - - - Done

Subs: Turner,Allcock,B.Davies, Reed, Holt, McNulty, S.Davies

That side would have some steel in midfield and pace on the break IMO.

Big game on Sat, UTB!

Assuming Kennedy, Flynn, Scougall not fit....

- - - - - - - - - Howard
Freeman Brayford McEveley - Harris
- - - - - Basham - Doyle
- - - - - Baxter
Adams - - - - - - - - - Murphy
- - - - - - - - Done

Subs: Turner,Allcock,B.Davies, Reed, Holt, McNulty, S.Davies

That side would have some steel in midfield and pace on the break IMO.

Big game on Sat, UTB!
That's a good team except I dont see Adams getting a start. Cloughy will prefer a more experienced head to begin with.
We're all expecting a potential loss due to Crewe, but the Blades consistency this season has been in getting a good result when least expected...as well losing it when an easy win is on the cards. I'd be happy with a 1-1 this time.

Nice idea BornOnShoreham but I am still trying to find something with a Blades theme.
I take it you have been down Gloucester way visiting or do you live down this way.

Nearest I got was when Mrs BoSS (I used to be Born On Shoreham Street until the placeholders changed GRRR! ;)) and I lived in Glastonbury for two years in the mid 90s.

It's a part of the country I want to visit one day along with Evesham and the Marcher counties

I agree about Freeman, he's been playing consistently well and doesn't deserve to be dropped.
He played a great, incisive through ball for Murphy's goal against Scunthorpe as well.
If/When Brayford moves to right back, I would probably prefer Freeman to the inconsistent/knackered Harris at left back.
I would even consider playing Freeman on the right side of midfield just in front of Brayford.
Then if the beard wanted to go on one of his runs Freeman could drop in and provide cover.

Freeman can at least take his markers on and is not afraid to do so, unlike Coutts or even Flynny
who sometimes who tends to turn back to his own full back instead of pushing on. He does retain the
ball well though so I am not knocking him.

Nearest I got was when Mrs BoSS (I used to be Born On Shoreham Street until the placeholders changed GRRR! ;)) and I lived in Glastonbury for two years in the mid 90s.

It's a part of the country I want to visit one day along with Evesham and the Marcher counties
To be honest I don't think either places are that good but as you get into the Cotswold villages you begin
to appreciate the appeal of the area. I am originally from Donny but re-located through work but still
manage about 10 - 15 home games a season. Plus all the local ones like Swindon and Walsall and this
season will be my first visit to Yeovil.

Whoever is behind him i want done as the main focal point. When he arrived he was the fox in the box we were desperate for, a real poacher who knows where the net is. Clough then finally got his man in Davies and the goals have dried up.

Back
Top Bottom