Your current favourite United player

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ThatJa

Bigger Blade than United's Arab Emirate
Reaction score
Has to play for the club now. So who's your favourite and why?

Very excited by Wallace's performance on Saturday.

Players that I think have the potential to play successfully at a higher level in the future:

Mark Howard, Harrison McGahey, Bob Harris, James Wallace, Stefan Scougall, Connor Dimaio, Louis Reed, Jamie Murphy, Jose Baxter, Diego De Girolamo.

There are a few more who would probably make decent squad players at Championship level.

Scougs
Runs at defences and has a trick or two
Fleet of foot and gets the crowd going
Sparks something in a game
Would love to see him getting more goals from those runs
Should have bagged a couple on Satdi
Once he has got his fitness back he will start to motor

I also would go with Baxter, playing deeper like against Preston. Quality footballer

I like Baxter. Every time he gets the ball he puts it where it needs to be. And even though I'm up in the stand and he has 3 people round him, he knows where that is 10 times faster than i do.

You just never know what he's going to do.

Aside from that, it's always a laugh at away games when Porter comes on. He's not great and he knows that, but he still laughs when we all say he's back from Brazil/plays the guitar. He loves being a footballer and i respect that.

Very excited by Wallace's performance on Saturday.

Players that I think have the potential to play successfully at a higher level in the future:

Mark Howard, Harrison McGahey, Bob Harris, James Wallace, Stefan Scougall, Connor Dimaio, Louis Reed, Jamie Murphy, Jose Baxter, Diego De Girolamo.

There are a few more who would probably make decent squad players at Championship level.
I have a lot of respect for your input, so I find the above list extremely heartening!

My view won't be as informed as most on here, but for what it's worth.......got to say, Howard is a completely different figure to the player who got so much stick, so he deserves more praise than he currently gets. As for Baxter, when the man gets it into his head to take a grip of a game he looks very assured and we're lucky to have him when he's in that frame of mind. Then there's young Stefan. I think we have a young dynamo in this guy, the potential that's there is immense and when, like all of you here, I saw the goal at Wembley, that burst of speed was just too much for a premiership defence, and showed what a courageous wee man he is......Wallace is beginning to show that his influence will make a major impact for us. Puts his foot in where others tend to think twice, his awareness of what's going on makes him invaluable and he can take a game by the collar which is just what we've missed. We'll see an increasingly influential player in this guy.

BUT.......I'm going to plump for Murphy! Not simply because of Saturday's goal, but he's slowly beginning to show the form of last season, and when that happens he's irresistible at this level. As soon as he gets the ball supporters get out of their seats, such is the danger he presents. Clearly, like many players, someone who needs to feel confident, but what a talent he is, and what a source of creativity for players in the box who seek a pass to exploit.

When you look at who we have at t'Lane, we're maybe one or two players short of a first eleven to compare with anything this division can throw at us. UTB

Baxter because he is different gravy,but it could end up being Wallace as he also looks different gravy.I will stick with Baxter for now though.

Bisto and Oxo in the middle of the park will do for me because northern lads love gravy.:D

I am surprised no one has mentioned Ben Davies yet, I know he is in the twilight of his career at 33, but he still has the energy and pace of a much younger man, his set pieces, corners, balls into the box and goals have all been first class in my opinion.

Baxter is usually excellent but I often think he is still not 100% match fit. Wallace is going to be great, the only problem he has is that, like Baxter, he has a superb footballing brain and is cutting the opposotion defence in two with accurate passes, but his team mates don't anticipate, or are not used to someone who can do that. Hopefully they will learn, I really like the look of this lad.

Doyle, often derided in certain quarters, has been consistent all season and we need that "monty like" stopper in the middle or the field. Usually fires wide or over the bar, but with power and we know at some point one will go in.

Murphy and Flynn both scoring in recent games, hopefully they are getting the confidence back and can play like they did last season.

I like the look of McNulty and if you play looping balls into the box then I think Higdon will get on the end of them.

Scougall, pace aplenty and can turn on a sixpence.

McGahey - did a couple of "Harry style" surging runs in Saturday. With his height and build he should do that more, really run at the opposition defence.

Not a lot missing really, we just need these lads to gel and settle in, get fit/stay fit.

UTB.

No surprise here - Michael Doyle, I always admire those players who know a lot of fans hate their guts, but never let it affect their approach and never hide.
He just shades it from Mark Howard.

No surprise here - Michael Doyle, I always admire those players who know a lot of fans hate their guts, but never let it affect their approach and never hide.
He just shades it from Mark Howard.
And the lady he took to the do on Saturday looked sensational.

That lad's got it all

After years and years of having not much quality in midfield today's crop are absolutely oozing potential, so much so it will be hard to choose who to leave out at times. Baxter is class, Wallace after Saturday's game looks to be just what we need, then we have Scoogs who we all love and Murphy who I don't think realises how good he is or can be, added to that we have the young uns ready to be introduced it all promises great things for the future. Who's my favourite ? not a clue, a nice headache for Nigel who to pick when they are all on form though. I have a sneaky feeling Wallace will become a fans favourite once he gets some game time.

I think Baxter is our best player and I like Doyle because I think he's a good captain, in spite of what some say, but Bob is my favourite. I like a good attacking full back, he defends well, gets forward well and delivers some great crosses. He did a couple at the weekend and it was him that put the ball into the box for West Ham's own goal. Oh, and he's got a bit of a nasty steak, but in a sort of honest, determined way.

I know he hasn't started well this season, and I don't mind McCeverley, but I hope Dirty Bob can regain his place because, as Bergen Blade says, Harris is one that could make the step up.

And the lady he took to the do on Saturday looked sensational.

That lad's got it all

He did look fairly proud of himself :)

Another point as well, despite the abuse he's had at times, the lad was still willing to converse politely with slightly merry fans, even whilst attempting to use a urinal (let him have a piss in peace lads!)

Another point as well, despite the abuse he's had at times, the lad was still willing to converse politely with slightly merry fans, even whilst attempting to use a urinal (let him have a piss in peace lads!)

As were most of the people I saw.

I got a great pic with Curtis very late into the night and I'm sure that I'd had a beer or two.

It was really United room ;-)

At the moment McNulty is one I'm tipping for better things. Good movement and awareness.

Don't mock, I tipped Walker for England after seeing one appearance! :)

Don't know why SEB, but your last line was like something you'd hear from a Frankie Howard tribute act.....all that was missing was Howard talking in the third person.

Don't know why SEB, but your last line was like something you'd hear from a Frankie Howard tribute act.....all that was missing was Howard talking in the third person.

images

:D :D :D :D

Back
Top Bottom