You wanted a scapegoat - you got one.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It's funny isn't it how all of our scapegoats have one thing in common.
They are all shit at football

Considering the conveyor belt of shit footballers that constantly roam through our club.......is it still the fans fault ?

so no scapgoats tonight ? what will the slashers have to talk about now till tusday

Wah, wah, fucking wah. Only ones mentioning scapegoats are the happy boys, same with whining about negativity. What next? Do the "moaners" make you ashamed to be a Blade?

Personally I think they should all fuck off to Hillsborough :rolleyes:

Wah, wah, fucking wah. Only ones mentioning scapegoats are the happy boys, same with whining about negativity. What next? Do the "moaners" make you ashamed to be a Blade?

Personally I think they should all fuck off to Hillsborough :rolleyes:

Wait..Wat?

Who's fucking off to Hillsborough? The moaners, the scapegoats, the happy boys or the moaners about the moaners, moaning at the moaners, moaning at the happy boys who aren't not moaning at the scapegoats??

I need to know and I'll book a taxi as required!!!!

Higdon.

Can people not see when he holds it up there is nobody to pass to so he ultimately loses the ball?

To be fair, he did very little holding up in the first half today, was well off his game.

You do certainly have a point with the nobody getting near him point though.

Last edited:
Higdon.

Can people not see when he holds it up there is nobody to pass to so he ultimately loses the ball?

Let me guess, you loved Henderson as well ?

This guy is not going to be good enough and we are desperately in need of a main striker. Role on October !!

Good 3 points though :)

UTB

This guy is not going to be good enough and we are desperately in need of a main striker. Role on October !!

UTB
Far too early for that. He wasn't fit when he came but was never known for his mobility. He's scored too many in recent years to have nothing to offer yet.

He'll get better and we'll learn to play off him .

UTB

Far too early for that. He wasn't fit when he came but was never known for his mobility. He's scored too many in recent years to have nothing to offer yet.

He'll get better and we'll learn to play off him .

UTB

Wanna bet ?

Funny there;s a thread about this but no thread about Baxter's well-taken match-winning goal, his second in two games
He's the best player in our squad by a country mile, I've said it since last season(to be fair a few poster on here have said the same too)
But infuriated me seeing people leave him out of the lineups that they wanted to see

I haven't been today so can't comment on today's performance but I will say that It's a thankless, horrible job playing that target role and if there's nobody getting near you it can be a very long and frustrating 90 minutes. You can have a mare through no fault of your own. I think he's done alright in the games I have seen.

If he can provide distraction, protection and space for Baxter and chip in with a goal every 4 or 5 games then he'll do fine for me.

His performance was 'Paynteresque' today, but people must remember his match fitness/technical sharpness is weeks behind everyone else. Give him a bit of patience to get back to match standard and time to learn how the people around him operate.

Last edited:
I haven't been today so can't comment on today's performance but I will say that It's a thankless, horrible job playing that target role and if there's nobody getting near you it can be a very long and frustrating 90 minutes. You can have a mare through no fault of your own. I think he's done alright in the games I have seen.

If he can provide distraction, protection and space for Baxter and chip in with a goal every 4 or 5 games then he'll do fine for me.

Hr definitely has a thankless task, but as Foxy (I think) said above, he simply didn't control the ball. If he can't do that it doesn't matter who's around him. The other thing: he was absolutely knackered not long into the second half - looked it to me anyway.

Let's hope he can get fit soon.

His performance was 'Paynteresque' today, but people must remember his match fitness/technical sharpness is weeks behind everyone else. Give him a bit of patience to get back to match standard and time to learn how the people around him.

I have high hopes for Higdon, despite his poor performance today. What I don't understand is why he would be any less fit than the rest of the team. He wasn't out of contract - if we hadn't signed him would he not have been starting the season with NEC?

Higdon was dire today, there's no mistaking that. I've seen better Sunday league performances than his so his performance deserves to be criticised this game.

Hear, hear. Higden is a poor man's Henderson. His 'touch' is shocking and he looks like a Sunday League player.

I'm off to Hillsborough...

I'm in the camp of not being sold on Higdon yet, while obviously not writing him off.

So far his touch has been poor and when winning headers he only ever attempts to flick on regardless of where his team mates are. When he got it into feet he missed numerous chances to turn and played the ball backwards instead. Everything he did looked laboured and of poor quality. He even missed a good chance from a cut back.

Before the game I was dissapointed but not surprised he was starting. I don't see what McNulty has done wrong to merit dropping (I was going to make a comparison thread before I saw this).

McNulty looks sharper around the box and more likely to score, he has more energy and has so far linked up attacks much better and keeps them flowing whereas when Higdon gets the ball the game stops.

Add to this that when we play without a big man we are forced into playing better football as there isn't the easy option of attempting to hit him.

Like I said, I've by no means written him off but so far he's done nothing to convince me he's worth of a start.

Higdon was poor today, but I thought Basham put a hell of a shift in. Some good to report on though with the team starting to look sharp and having some good spells, in particular Murphy in the second half and davies through out.

He was awful today. He just seems so slow to react to anything. I noticed a couple of moments where the ball came towards him and he took a second or 2 to realise it was coming towards him and he'd better move for it, by which time of course it was too late.

UTB
Yeah, but do we really have to boo one of our own players and cheer sarcastically when he is subbed? Poor show from some Blades.

Back
Top Bottom