Would you go to Wembley if we got to JPT Final?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yewsman

Smitten Blade
Reaction score
I cannot get up any enthusiasm for this competition. If I supported a team that had never had any "big matches" over the last 25 years or so then I can see the attraction of a trip to Wembley but as I have been to all our FA Cup semis, League Cup semis and play off Finals the thought of going to Wembly for the JPT Final just holds no appeal. I hope I don't have to make the decision. We need to concentrate on winning League 1. What do others think?

100% wouldn't go, probably wouldn't watch it on TV either. No interest in the shit paint pot

I'm sure this question is asked every year, and it's been totally irrelevant almost immediately because we're soon knocked out of the competition!

Great ammo for the Pigs if we won it. No thanks,

Absolutely no chance. Without sounding arrogant like the pigs (who, incidentally, would flock down just to see what the 'new' Wembley is all about :D), the JPT is for tiny clubs such as Carlisle, Fleetwood, Bury etc. It's a chance to wear a 'jester' hat and gawp, open-mouthed in That London. For us, the JPT is just an unnecessary interruption to the serious business of promotion. A chance to get injuries, bookings and suspensions.

(Incidentally, I doubt if I'd go to the play-off final, should we be put through that torture again. Insane kick-off time on a Sunday teatime, no chance of getting a train back that night, match tickets inflated because it's the Blades, disruption in London because some clown has scheduled some non-event like the London Marathon, 'Wembley fatigue', just too much hassle.):(

In a year's time, all being well we might be heading to Wembley for the Championship playoff final. Would you rather we headed there:

- with our appalling Wembley record?
- with the recent memory of Wembley success fresh in the minds of both the fans and players?

It's a great chance in my opinion to get that particular monkey off our collective backs – one which would serve us well for when a truly important Wembley game arises.

I cannot get up any enthusiasm for this competition. If I supported a team that had never had any "big matches" over the last 25 years or so then I can see the attraction of a trip to Wembley but as I have been to all our FA Cup semis, League Cup semis and play off Finals the thought of going to Wembly for the JPT Final just holds no appeal. I hope I don't have to make the decision. We need to concentrate on winning League 1. What do others think?

If cemented in the top two by then, yes

I know some see the JPT as tinpot and each to their own I suppose but the JPT was set up to give the lower league clubs a chance to grace the hallowed turf of Wembley. As we are fully fledged members of the lower leagues I see it as league courtesy that we take part and win it if possible but not at the expense of the league which is paramount.

What I wouldn't like to see is the Man Utd FA Cup scenario where they pulled out of the worlds best cup competition. I was disgusted with that club for that disrespectful act and would like them to have be given a 10 year ban from it. It's true that many wouldn't go to the JPT final but then again many would including me.

1st priority is promotion this season.

Would you be pissd off if Admins and the lads got to the final and said, fuck it, its only the paint pot trophy and forefitted the game ?
I wouldn't care either way

And in fairness Jim Phipps seemed happy we were out of the Carling cup last week so it wouldn't surprise me

I would go, if for nothing else, to endorse Johnstones paint which is a very superior product.

Those that say they would not go are kidding themselves.

A Wembley final, a chance to see our captain lift a trophy, it will be a long time before that might happen again.

HH

Actually, he didn't...

Doesn't exactly sound gutted, quite positive about not having a distraction...

I'm guessing then that when we lose tonight he'll also keep the same line of less of a distraction

Back
Top Bottom