Worrying times...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
So, with the transfer deadline a week today, we are 4 games into a season having not won a game. We've got rid of the two better players we had in Adams and Brayford (yes he didn't perform first 3 games) and there's absoluteley no sign of any new QUALITY coming in. If this board have sold us up the swanny for the umpteenth time i will personally be walking in the ticket office next week, handing over my season tickets (mine and the young uns) and telling em to shove their monthly payments up their wrong en! Anybody else joining me

10 days ago Wilder said we were very close to bringing in 2 or 3 new signings before the Southend game..........heard nowt since. This ridiculous board of ours need to pay the asking price for players if they have ANY intention of progressing. It looks as if McCabe and co are all too willing to let us slip into oblivion. Afterall, he wont lose, the land is worth millions.

10 days ago Wilder said we were very close to bringing in 2 or 3 new signings before the Southend game..........heard nowt since. This ridiculous board of ours need to pay the asking price for players if they have ANY intention of progressing. It looks as if McCabe and co are all too willing to let us slip into oblivion. Afterall, he wont lose, the land is worth millions.

I honestly don't think there is any intention of progressing Muttley! With a week remaining and the poor performances and results we've had so far i would have hoped some quality would have arrived before this weekend!

I've only ever stepped foot in the sty when the United have been their so don't come with the bollocks i'm a pig!
Oh you need to be aware that accusations of supporting the pigs is the first point of call when someone disagrees with your opinion.

Wilder has said quite a lot of things now that have turned out not to be true.

I do hope he isn't becoming a bit of a bullshitter.

We really do need to get a move on with these signings. A week later - another week where signings were supposedly arriving early in the week - and here we are at the end of Wednesday with no suggestion of anything imminent. It's getting tedious. I hope we're not doing our classic 'low balling' trick - fair enough bidding just below a player's value, but I get the impression we barely bid half of a player's value - so it goes on and on and on.

It's going to go down to deadline day isn't it. And we know what usually happens there.

Why does it have to be McCabe's fault that we aren't completing signings of new players at the moment? Maybe the budget is there for Wilder to spend but prospective players are taking one look at the current turmoil on and off the pitch and thinking fuck that, I'll go somewhere else? It is a possibility you know.

I've only ever stepped foot in the sty when the United have been their so don't come with the bollocks i'm a pig!
Don't worry about it mate, any new member with any sort of comment is usually branded as a pig by the sad fuckers that spend the majority of their lives on here spouting bollocks in their little gangs.

We really do need to get a move on with these signings. A week later - another week where signings were supposedly arriving early in the week - and here we are at the end of Wednesday with no suggestion of anything imminent. It's getting tedious. I hope we're not doing our classic 'low balling' trick - fair enough bidding just below a player's value, but I get the impression we barely bid half of a player's value - so it goes on and on and on.

It's going to go down to deadline day isn't it. And we know what usually happens there.

Getting rid of Adams and Brayford was a needs must good move IMO . What would help with a club fan feel good factor is backing up the talk the talk with a walk the walk signing of players that are fundemently required on a equal footing of survival and or success.

The worry is we miss out and undermine and under strength ourselves , with the same outcome also happening in January window . Things then become more than just a confidence problem.

Wilder may be getting the shit , but he ain't doing the day to day negotiations with offers , agent , player , club.

The clubs intent will be evident in the next few days .

Oh you need to be aware that accusations of supporting the pigs is the first point of call when someone disagrees with your opinion.

I've never got over the trauma you caused when I was called a PIG...
That one quote you made, my children (28 of them) could all have been orphaned.
You would be known as the Fred West of S24SU...

But now we're mates and it's all forgotten.....

High Five....

Don't worry about it mate, any new member with any sort of comment is usually branded as a pig by the sad fuckers that spend the majority of their lives on here spouting bollocks in their little gangs.

Oh grow a pair FFS.....it's people on the internet you know!

STFU PIG...

Only teasin' ya Eddie lad...

I don't need a smiley as you already know i'm kiddin' ya.

So, with the transfer deadline a week today, we are 4 games into a season having not won a game. We've got rid of the two better players we had in Adams and Brayford (yes he didn't perform first 3 games) and there's absoluteley no sign of any new QUALITY coming in. If this board have sold us up the swanny for the umpteenth time i will personally be walking in the ticket office next week, handing over my season tickets (mine and the young uns) and telling em to shove their monthly payments up their wrong en! Anybody else joining me

Protest by all means but wouldn't you be robbing you're young un of supporting his club?

Protest by all means but wouldn't you be robbing you're young un of supporting his club?

The only reason i wouldn't stop going is the fact that where i'm from our village is predominenly pigs and there would be a big chance he'd end up there! Tongue in cheek comment was the op, i just wondered how worried everyone else is about the lack of activity incoming? I'm very worried, we could well end up getting out this hell hole of a league via the wrong entrance and ultimateley the board have to take the shit for it as unfortunateley season after season they haven't done the right things!

Walks straight into the clubs hands for further financial cut backs mentioned under AOB on each monthly meeting minutes . At the moment it is a political non starter due to ST sales and overall attendances.

Moving forward of any action yo need Red Ken Robinson ot Jim Crow types fronting it.

Always UTB

I've never got over the trauma you caused when I was called a PIG...
That one quote you made, my children (28 of them) could all have been orphaned.
You would be known as the Fred West of S24SU...

But now we're mates and it's all forgotten.....

High Five....
Strong characters, that's all it was. Like two titans clashing. Can go one of two ways with strong characters, but it's gone down the right path for us and I truly wouldn't have it any other way.

We probably won't sign anyone of note. The fact is as soon as we come in for a player they and their agents probably double what they are asking for because we're Sheffield united in league 1. They know we have a so called big budget, bid crowds and two millionaire chairman.

I do believe the club when they come out with the above, same thing happens to the big clubs in every division and Europe - those with the respective biggest budgets have to pay over the odds.

The problem is that our board isn't willing too.

So our only hope of ever getting promotion is doing it with lower caliber players or developing our own. Another problem is that we usually sell the latter if they amount to anything half decent.

We have fallen so far financially behind the top championship and premier league clubs since 2011, and football at that level has moved on so much, that we have most likely been left behind for ever now - unless we have a very rich, and very ambitious new owner. Unlikely for a league 1 club in the north of England.

We are an established league 1 club, being crippled by our own 'big club' reputation and uninterested owners. Agents and players just see us as a cash cow at this level, and a big pay day whilst they can get it.

We will be here for years to come, and may even go down another level. Get used to it.

The interesting thing is Wilder's 'straight talking'...he's made it plain that he thought signings were imminent on several occasions which haven't happened...we even posted on the website 'Wilder wants a few additions' when 'rumours' of a big signings were hotting up...Chapman signed the next day...nothing since...

Is the 'committee' messing things up?
Is it Wilder doing an Adkin's and 'not wanting to spend the money'
Is McCabe overseeing transfer's now?
Is Princey skyping in?

Who knows...

We probably won't sign anyone of note. The fact is as soon as we come in for a player they and their agents probably double what they are asking for because we're Sheffield united in league 1. They know we have a so called big budget, bid crowds and two millionaire chairman.

I do believe the club when they come out with the above, same thing happens to the big clubs in every division and Europe - those with the respective biggest budgets have to pay over the odds.

The problem is that our board isn't willing too.

So our only hope of ever getting promotion is doing it with lower caliber players or developing our own. Another problem is that we usually sell the latter if they amount to anything half decent.

We have fallen so far financially behind the top championship and premier league clubs since 2011, and football at that level has moved on so much, that we have most likely been left behind for ever now - unless we have a very rich, and very ambitious new owner. Unlikely for a league 1 club in the north of England.

We are an established league 1 club, being crippled by our own 'big club' reputation and uninterested owners. Agents and players just see us as a cash cow at this level, and a big pay day whilst they can get it.

We will be here for years to come, and may even go down another level. Get used to it.

Hmmmm....I'm not sure this 'doubling up' price theory stands up to much scrutiny does it?
Unless another club is willing to match that asking fee, and thus the player is actually worth that price, then it's bollocks isn't it?

Do you actually believe agents are offering players at one price ( far higher) to us, and then a far lower price to say Scunthorpe...?

As far as I am concerned it is this simple:

• By selling Adams we have made plenty of cash
  • By shipping out Brayford and Woolford we have saved a small fortune in wages
  • We allegedly still had money to spend before we sold Adams
Therefore:
  • Even after the Moore purchase if we haven't got at least £1,000,000 in spare transfer fees and circa £10,000 a week in wages to utilise then it's safe to say that no-one at board level gives a flying f**k about promotion from this league, and may even see us go the other way on current form.

As far as I am concerned it is this simple:

• By selling Adams we have made plenty of cash
  • By shipping out Brayford and Woolford we have saved a small fortune in wages
  • We allegedly still had money to spend before we sold Adams
Therefore:
  • Even after the Moore purchase if we haven't got at least £1,000,000 in spare transfer fees and circa £10,000 a week in wages to utilise then it's safe to say that no-one at board level gives a flying f**k about promotion from this league, and may even see us go the other way on current form.
But last season we were massively over budget and it's clear that this season we're looking to break even because neither of the owners are prepared to put any more substantial funds in.

If we were, just as an example, £5m over budget and we've released players with wages of £4m in total, we'd still be losing £1m unless we sell someone. If we've released players with total wages of £4m and then signed new players with a total wage of £2m, then we'd be losing £3m.

At the end of the day, the chairman and manager have spoken pre season about promotion being our only aim, we have now moved on two of our better players, signed some dross in exchange and are quite visibly not willing to put in any cash to make that aim possible! They have to understand we need to spend, the squad is poor all round, it's no good sigining a gk at 250k plus add ons i your not going to replace around him. I've just read Updates from Wilder and i'm now even more convinced there will be nobody coming in!

CW has been allowed to bring in plenty of new players, however due to financial restrictions from the board, he's not been allowed to bring in his number one choices.

The proposed McFadzean signing from MK was ridiculous. We were told that they did not want to sell him to a League One rival. I just don't buy that. Offer more money than Burton and they would have sold him to us, as MK are not in a position to turn down a higher bid. The signing falls through, but for what ever reason we are not able to get a different player in and now have a player at right side centre half, who was only ever signed as a back up player.

We are now supposed to be after a player who is one of our League One rivals best players, Webster from Millwall. What a surprise, we aren't going to be signing him. Did anyone really believe that Millwall would sell him for the sort of money we are willing to pay. Its easy to say you're after players and looks good to certain fans, however the reality is that you do not get these sort of players, by offered stupid amounts. If Millwall sell him they will then have to spend money to replace him. They are not going to sell for next to nothing, when they will need to buy a replacement. CW will work down his list and we will eventually sign more players, but they will again be ones that are well down his wanted list. This must be really frustrating for CW, as he's raised money by selling Adams and reduced the wage bill considerately by getting rid of players such as Brayford. Very concerned, but hoping CW can work some magic, despite the restrictions.

Back
Top Bottom