World War Two Bomb

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1973Blade

Reaction score
Apparently Sunday's play-off final is under threat because an unexploded bomb has been found near Wembley. This kind of thing usually only happens to us!

Nothing to worry about football wise but the real tragedy is that the Britain's Got Talent studio has been evacuated.

Didn't the Blades game get called of once? Against Ipswich they found an UXB. Frankfurt Blade you are right about German Every time they build something in the Frankfurt Mannheim, Heilbronn erea the job always takes longer because they find a bomb.

Nothing to worry about football wise but the real tragedy is that the Britain's Got Talent studio has been evacuated.

It is a real tragedy - that they were evacuated. Simon Cowell, Amanda Holden, etc, and a bunch of talentless wannabes, all in the same place with an unexploded bomb next to it. Opportunity missed I'd say!

Didn't the Blades game get called of once? Against Ipswich they found an UXB. Frankfurt Blade you are right about German Every time they build something in the Frankfurt Mannheim, Heilbronn erea the job always takes longer because they find a bomb.
It was against Oldham in February 1985. I was in London that weekend but did watch the Oldham game that was re-arranged for a few days later!

And here it is, the one found on Lancing Road which postponed the Oldham game. A 1000kg Hermann

Interestingly, or maybe not as it were, the programme for the game had a full page article on Lee Chapman,. Good planning that. :confused:

Hermann 1000 kg.jpg

It was against Oldham in February 1985. I was in London that weekend but did watch the Oldham game that was re-arranged for a few days later!

I'd come back to Sheffield for the weekend to watch the game. I was gutted to hear the game was under threat.
On the Friday night I watched an episode of Dempsey and Makepeace which was all about diffusing a bomb.

I thought if it's only taking these two an hour surely the army will sort out the one on Lancing Road by 3pm the next day. Desperation leads to irrationality.

Paddy McGeeney was all set to make his debut as Tom Heffernan was injured, but Heffernan had recovered by the Tuesday, so McGeeney had to wait until the game v Leeds a month or so later.

I was at the rearranged game and it was bloody freezing. We won 2-0, with spectacular 25 yard own goal lobbed over his own goalie by Oldham defender Hoolickin and an Edwards goal when he was put through one on one with the goalie.

Back
Top Bottom