Woolford

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Slim Man

Reaction score
Little mention for him. Think he's getting a lot better with fitness.

I saw him in the friendlies, and I'm not afraid to say it, thought 'fuck me what have we signed here?'
He was slow, couldn't pass wind, beat a man but he could cross. Looked like a below average league one footballer, past his best.

The more I see of him, the more I'm eating my words.
His sub appearances in the league at home, he's been direct, run at the defence and looks like he wants to create things. I didn't go to Fulham admittedly but he sounded like the one who was going to do something for us there, sounded dangerous.
And he played well the other day, did a good job defensively, got forward when he could and got an assist for his old mate Billy's goal.

With Che being 19 and obviously prone to 'going missing' it's vital we've got someone to call upon who we can rely on.
Think he's starting to prove a few of us that thought he was useless wrong, he'll be a good signing.
Just shows you not to judge a book by it's cover (or friendlies!)

Every new players we have will have to find his feet, so some performances will be below our expectations only later to show us that they do actually have good games.

He seems like a solid squad player and one who has spent a fair amount of time in the championship as well.

Still deinately see him as a replacement to Ben Davies rather than Murphy though and would like to see another winger with pace and flair brought in.

Little mention for him. Think he's getting a lot better with fitness.

I saw him in the friendlies, and I'm not afraid to say it, thought 'fuck me what have we signed here?'
He was slow, couldn't pass wind, beat a man but he could cross. Looked like a below average league one footballer, past his best.

The more I see of him, the more I'm eating my words.
His sub appearances in the league at home, he's been direct, run at the defence and looks like he wants to create things. I didn't go to Fulham admittedly but he sounded like the one who was going to do something for us there, sounded dangerous.
And he played well the other day, did a good job defensively, got forward when he could and got an assist for his old mate Billy's goal.

With Che being 19 and obviously prone to 'going missing' it's vital we've got someone to call upon who we can rely on.
Think he's starting to prove a few of us that thought he was useless wrong, he'll be a good signing.
Just shows you not to judge a book by it's cover (or friendlies!)

Agreed about the friendlies. He was off the pace but tbf he knew he was and said as much.

There was a pretty tame shot when he was through on goal against Blackpool but he did play the ball through to Sharp for the second on Satdi.

Slowly getting match fit.

In the warm ups you can see his change of direction could be a real asset, and he looks like he can cross as well.

I said when we signed him that we had a very decent player on our hands; versatile as well, being able to play anywhere across the forward line or on either flank, he can also play left back and can tuck into a left central midfield kind of role. Maybe not blessed with pace but he has more defensive awareness than Che and JCR put together.

For anyone who has formed an opinion based on a few ropey, unfit performances just remember Basham in his first 6 or 7 games for us. He looked terrible, then all of a sudden, boom! we had a player.

I was a bit dubious at first,but he looks a decent signing coming off the bench and sureing things up,and his running with the ball is what I like about him.He's becoming a bit of a Super Sub,good to see him get an assist for Sharp's goal...I do see him more of a squad player than a regular starter though.

That was an excellently timed through ball to Sharp that left the defender sliding into thin air.... but what about that forward spinning flick from the wing by Sammon that he ran onto...Sammon has an excellent footballing brain.
Also wondering how the Keeper only got a yellow for that agricultural challenge on Sharp...that sort of wild challenge way outside his area should be red every time.

Think his contribution is going to be golden, always seems to be around the ball and creating chances. I was somehow watching the Scunthorope play off win earlier at it was the same then. Could end up being our new Neil Shipperley (yes I know he's not a striker), but in terms of being a free and the impact he will have.

Just going by the 2 home league games, I've been impressed with what I've seen tbh (despite being underwhelmed at him signing in the first place).

Gave excellent support to JayMac v Chessy (when Ariyibi was threatening to run riot) as well as making some high-class direct runs on the counter-attack, & was both disciplined & energetic v Blackpool. No moaning about having been used from the bench so far (at least as far as I'm aware) - indeed, seems to be an keen, enthusiastic member of the collective: looks like a real team-player.

Very early days yet, but already seeming like an astute signing in my book.

Missed about a thousand chances then missed his penalty.

Back
Top Bottom