Woody - some tribute possibilities?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BladeFisher

Reaction score
In the seventh minute of the seventh home league game next season stop play and a minute's applause. Fans to try and turn up in a replica no. 7 shirt (with the old Sheffield badge).

A stutue to the great man.. What makes him so great for me was he was a one club man and relatively local. Add in his ability, his humility, his sportsmanship - love that Coventry goal (free kick) after he was scythed down. The statue should be with him in the old 1970-71 kit and possibly matched in the future with one for TC too. I'd love it if the statue was painted and each pre-season the apprenticies/others were taught about the great man's footballing sportsmanship, ability and demeanour.

Stand re-naming? Tends to be short term and easy later on for it to become the Nikkon Optics stand or whoever a future sponsor might be.

After a suitable time talk with his family about legacy ideas, projects, sports programmes etc,

No one lives for ever but Alan Woodward, I never met you, but you inspired thousands and you were a phenomenal footballer. I'm so glad to have had the honour of seeing you play. Thank you.

How about this; a replica top of the shirt he would have worn during the glory years of the early 70's, with his name on the back, a quality shirt that the club make minimal profit from, in other words, price it so that ALL fans can afford it. Everyone wear it on the first home game of the season and start the match with a minutes applause to a modest guy who worked his socks off, never hid, scored, entertained us, gave his all, and most of all, wore that shirt with pride.

The biggest tribute to woody is the fans, the memories and stories that we have are our own personal tribute ones we can share with each other. I am sure the club will do something that will honour such an outstanding player.

I'd rename the Ennis stand 'the blades legends stand' instead of sponsor boards could have images of blades greats whove sadly moved on the the next life woody, Mel Rees etc and add to it and inevitably we lose greats

Back
Top Bottom