Wonder what the team will be Sunday?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Mad Mick

Reaction score
My head is spinning with all the ins and outs. Are TC and Len Badger still available? :)

It does seem we've got some options now in terms of a little more depth, so hopefully the competition will keep the squad on their toes.

How good they turn out to be we shall see.

I realise that this is happening at lots of clubs this week but now's the time for the likes of our skipper Billy and other senior pros to step up and make sure these new players settle asap. The transition needs to be seamless. We can't rely on worn out management cliches/ excuses of 'it takes time for new players to adapt.'

Our season starts on Sunday.

Lafferty for Hussey seems feasible as Wilder isn't happy with his performances and rightly so.

Can't see him throwing Lavery straight in unless he has been training with us already for a while?

Big lad from Wolves.....Be a bit harsh on Wilson and Wright I guess but then we have O'Connell......

New winger arriving very shortly.....Straight in.

Moore
Freeman Wilson Wright Lafferty
Duffy Basham Coutts Scougall
Sharp Done
Subs:- Ramsdale, EEL, O Connell, Fleck, Chapman, Lavary, Clarke

It's a hard game and I'd field our strongest 11, but it'll be the same team that started the second half against Oxford.

Why no Brook?.....People keep disregarding this lad and he is a breath of fresh air!

I'm guessing who Wilder will pick and he don't think he will pick Brook ahead of his own signings. He hasn't done all season ;)

Whoever plays our midfield is still gonna be crap and our weakest link.

I would have thought Ebanks @ Lloyds will play a right back where he did well for Wolves in league 1, sticking the new striker up op with Sharp/Clarke is a gamble so early but who knows.

Moore
Freeman Wilson Ebanks-Landell Lafferty
Duffy Coutts Fleck Lavery
Sharp Clark
Subs:- Ramsdale, Bash, O Connell, Wright, Chapman, Done, Brooks

I realise that this is happening at lots of clubs this week but now's the time for the likes of our skipper Billy and other senior pros to step up and make sure these new players settle asap. The transition needs to be seamless. We can't rely on worn out management cliches/ excuses of 'it takes time for new players to adapt.'

Our season starts on Sunday.
Last season started with a 4-0 defeat at Gillingham. Let's hop history doesn't repeat itself. Fancy a scrappy win myself

Moore
Duffy Coutts Fleck Lavery
Sharp Clark

Sharp/Clarke dosen`t work and Wilder hopefully will play 4-2-3-1 anyway.

Moore
Freeman Wilson Ebanks-Landell o,connell
Duffy Coutts basham Fleck Lavery
Clark
Subs:- Ramsdale, sharp, lafferty, Wright, Chapman, Done, Brooks

Moore
Freeman Wilson Ebanks-Landell o,connell
Duffy Coutts basham Fleck Lavery
Clark
Subs:- Ramsdale, sharp, lafferty, Wright, Chapman, Done, Brooks

You the new Sunjihi ?
Welcome aboard...think the lad, Lafferty will start LB...though...

Sharp/Clarke dosen`t work and Wilder hopefully will play 4-2-3-1 anyway.

I agree that it hasn't worked thus far, but with different players around them, who's to say that they won't click?

Moore
Coutts Fleck
Duffy Sharp Lavery
Clark

..............Moore
EEL Wilson O'Connell Lafferty
.Duffy Basham Coutts Lavery
..........Sharp.....Done

Subs: Long, Wright, Hussey, Fleck, Scougall, Whiteman, Clarke
Long and Chapman will probably be back on the bench since Ramsdale and Chapman have got called up for international duty

I wish the fixtures were the other way around and we were playing AFC Wimbledon this weekend, I rarely fancy our chances at Gillingham.

With all the changes I think our season starts when we go to play the Wombles.

I think this thread reflects that very few if any went to the "tosspot cup" game the other night because if you did Brooks and Coutts would both feature somewhere.....At least in the bench!

I can't see Lavery starting as he hasn't kicked a ball all pre-season. Think he will be brought into it slowly. Think I would go

Moore

Freeman
Lafferty
Wilson
Wright

Coutts
Basham/Last minute deadline day super kid
Scougall

Done
Duffy
Sharp

Not sure how we will start on Sunday but going into the future i'd like 4231.

GK Moore

RB Freeman
CB O'connell
CB Wilson/Ebanks-Landell
LB Laffertey

CM Fleck
CM Coutts

RAM Duffy
CAM Scougall
LAM Lavery

ST Sharp

I think this thread reflects that very few if any went to the "tosspot cup" game the other night because if you did Brooks and Coutts would both feature somewhere.....At least in the bench!

Sunday will be a totally different game. Gillingham will look to bully and intimidate us. If we crumble it could be a repeat of last season when we just couldn't cope with their aggression and desire. It will be a battle on Sunday.

Sunday will be a totally different game. Gillingham will look to bully and intimidate us. If we crumble it could be a repeat of last season when we just couldn't cope with their aggression and desire. It will be a battle on Sunday.

Not that different the seeing as though Leicester's old heads tried to do exactly the same and failed.

Brooks probably has way more about him in the physicality department than Basham and Scougall combined and if we get the ball down on the floor and play football and Gillingham fancy kicking chunks out of us then fair play, we've got decent height and we have shown our capabilities from set pieces.

Our squad are suited to getting the ball down and playing football with the exception of Basham. We can play the "physical opponent" card all we want but the truth of the matter is that we need to play to our strengths and that isn't slamming the ball up into the final third and hoping for a knock down.

We have dominated hugely in possession however without fruition and we desperately need a player in the middle of the park with the confidence and intelligence to pick out that killer ball to a couple of strikers who know where the back of the net is if they get it.

Last edited:
Don't be surprised to see Wilder go 4-2-3-1

Moore

Freeman Wilson Wright(/JO'C) Lafferty
Basham Fleck
Lavery Done Duffy
Sharp

A 3 behind Sharp that can all move across that line and get in to the box will be very promising imo

Don't be surprised to see Wilder go 4-2-3-1

Moore

Freeman Wilson Wright(/JO'C) Lafferty
Basham Fleck
Lavery Done Duffy
Sharp

A 3 behind Sharp that can all move across that line and get in to the box will be very promising imo
No way can Coutts be left out atm ,unless you are Nigel Adkins or Roy Hodgson

Probably be this:

..........................Moore
Freeman O'Connell Ebanks-Landell Lafferty
Duffy........Coutts............Fleck............Lavery
...................Sharp.....Clarke

Pretty much a lower end-mid table league one side.

Back
Top Bottom