Women's Football

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

GreasyChipBeattie

Reaction score
It's OK, relax.
Serious point this time, not a wind up.
I just noticed Man City Ladies beat Doncaster Belles 6-0 today and wondered if we had a successful Ladies team would you go and watch them?
Seeing the MC Ladies in the full team strip got me thinking if I saw that a Ladies team in the Blades kit starting to hammer teams 6-0 I think I'd like to be part of it!!
Maybe it's because we've been starved of success for so long that I'm desperate for anything successful and Blades-related!
I've watched the u-21s play before, but it's a long way from the buzz of watching the first team play.
It would be interesting to know where our Ladies would fit into the order of viewing preferences, particularly if they were doing well.
When you consider the crowd we got for the FA youth cup final, it makes you wonder doesn't it?

I'm pretty relaxed about it tbh...

image.jpeg

It's OK, relax.
I just noticed Man City Ladies beat Doncaster Belles 6-0 today and wondered if we had a successful Ladies team would you go and watch them?
Seeing the MC Ladies in the full team strip got me thinking if I saw that a Ladies team in the Blades kit starting to hammer teams 6-0 I think I'd like to be part of it!!
Maybe it's because we've been starved of success for so long that I'm desperate for anything successful and Blades-related!
I've watched the u-21s play before, but it's a long way from the buzz of watching the first team play.
It would be interesting to know where our Ladies would fit into the order of viewing preferences, particularly if they were doing well.
When you consider the crowd we got for the FA youth cup final, it makes you wonder doesn't it?

It's definitely something I'd like to see the club doing at some point. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

The quality has to be right though and I'm not sure as you go lower down whether that's the case.

I really enjoyed the Olympics and the World Cup but below that I'd imagine - though I don't know - that the standard drops.

I suspect Man City are throwing PL loose change at it and buying up the best players in order to win 6-0.

We might have to go the Academy route - sound familiar?

Anything that encourages young people to participate in sport gets my support.

Up the Mighty Bladies.

It's OK, relax.
untitled.jpeg

Of course I would. Anyone playing under the Sheffield United name thoroughly deserves our support.

Except for most of the cunts in the current mens team that is.
Are they cunts though? Not for me. They've been signed by managers and are footballers that aren't good enough for a League One promotion winning team. That doesn't make them cunts.

Are they cunts though? Not for me. They've been signed by managers and are footballers that aren't good enough for a League One promotion winning team. That doesn't make them cunts.
Depends what we classify as a cunt. If it's in this case being a tattooed, overpaid bearded, spineless talentless freak, who puts in no effort, then they are cunts.

It's definitely something I'd like to see the club doing at some point. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

The quality has to be right though and I'm not sure as you go lower down whether that's the case.

I really enjoyed the Olympics and the World Cup but below that I'd imagine - though I don't know - that the standard drops.

I suspect Man City are throwing PL loose change at it and buying up the best players in order to win 6-0.

We might have to go the Academy route - sound familiar?

Anything that encourages young people to participate in sport gets my support.

Up the Mighty Bladies.
I noticed Sheffield Ladies are now in Super League 2 (albeit 2nd bottom). I assume they're the ones affiliated with Sheffield FC? Let them get on with it for women's football in Sheffield and good luck to them.

Didn't Pigs have a ladies team? No idea if they still do or at what level but if Sheffield FC have a women's team playing at a decent level what's the point of United starting one?

Unfortunately Pigs seem to be getting their act together but for the last 10 years this city couldn't produce one decent men's team let alone more than one women's team.

The insipid, cuntish, gutless performances, particularly between September and March (with a short-lived purple patch in December) qualifies them as such. I want them gone, and then I hope that they continue to fail afterwards.

It's OK, relax.
If you want to support one, support Sheffield FC, they're in the second tier

No, I have no desire to go and watch a Women's Blades team.

I haven't been to watch the reserves/ U21's or U18's, but i'd watch them before womens football. I'd watch Chesterfield before I went to watch a Womens Blades team.

I've no interest in watching women's football and like someone else said, even if it was free, I'd still not go.

It's fucking shit.

I've no interest in watching women's football and like someone else said, even if it was free, I'd still not go.

It's fucking shit.
A lot like Adkins' ever so unlucky spirited lads then. Thanks. I know now..two places to avoid next season.

It's OK, relax.
let me put it this way, I watched the women's world cup in Canada last year and the early games were presented as England's plucky lasses taking on the best in the world, aren't they doing amazingly well , blah blah blah .

I'm watching them and thinking "Christ this lot are shit, I wonder what the good teams are like. Then I discover that England are actually ranked 4 in the world at the start of the tournament. Being totally objective, what I saw in the world cup was

slow, lacking in technique - especially the passing and shootng and the goal keepers were all poor.

It was like watching me play golf, technically it's the same game that Danny Willett is playing but as a spectator sport, we are talking miles apart.

edit - and the heading was shit as well - it was all shit really

It's OK, relax.

Thought we were discussing the second half of Chelsea v Spurs when I saw the OP.

I do think we're missing a trick when the name Lady Bladies is crying out to be used.

P.S. Talking about names of womens' teams, probably latent dyslexia involved, but I always tend to read the lady caravan dwellers' side as Doncaster Bellies. Which is preferable if anything.

P.P.S. Why so many ladies & so few women? Just makes you think of David Walliams (which isn't preferable).

I do think we're missing a trick when the name Lady Bladies is crying out to be used.

P.S. Talking about names of womens' teams, probably latent dyslexia involved, but I always tend to read the lady caravan dwellers' side as Doncaster Bellies. Which is preferable if anything.

P.P.S. Why so many ladies & so few women? Just makes you think of David Walliams (which isn't preferable).

Good grief you have just put me off my lunch!

I was actually looking at the Sheffield FC ladies fixtures the other day to see about going one Saturday.

I enjoy football regardless of the standard. It's probably why I love United.

I watched the women's World Cup and the skill levels were surprisingly high. However I found it funny that the England women play like the England men. We're well drilled, strong, organised but lack the flair of the continentals.

However the World Cupwas more akin to watching school boy football. Shots from outside the box lacked power and would never trouble the keeper unless they were put in the top corners and then the keepers would be in trouble because the goals seemed too big for them. Also hardly any tackles in the women's game and little dissent.

Conclusion:
Standard is poor mainly due to the physical side. Maybe the pitches and nets should be smaller?

However entertainment can be high sometimes due to laughable defending and goalkeeping blunders.

I would give it a go if it was free or very cheap. It would certainly be less stressful than watching United.

Back
Top Bottom