Wombling Wimbledon or Progressing Pilgrims?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1973Blade

Reaction score
Not been to either ground so will be a new away ground for me. I think I am favouring AFC Wimbledon on the arrogant assumption that we will never play them again. I did say the same when Fleetwood went up though!

Purely being selfish, Wimbledon.

Has to be Wimbledon but I wouldn't mind Plymouth coming up either, they've been down there too long.

Hopefully it can be the first big step towards Wimbledon overtaking MK Dons in the footballing pyramid and establishing superiority.

Has to be Wimbledon but I wouldn't mind Plymouth coming up either, they've been down there too long.

Hopefully it can be the first big step towards Wimbledon overtaking MK Dons in the footballing pyramid and establishing superiority.
They are a big club, taking more fans to Wembley than Hull apparently. They are also the biggest town or city in the country never to have been in the top flight (Hull was the biggest until their promotion in 2008).

Wimbledon so we can have more get Lyle Taylor back threads

Dave Bassett and Chris Wilder are on Sky's match panel today. One legend and a future legend!

Compared to Holloway and Bassett he's a giant. Didn't realise he was that tall, or that the other 2 were midgets.
Good to see Bassett again. I don't like his time with us being called 'the Wimbledon of the North'. Our side in the top flight was very different to the Wimbledon side of the 80s and we weren't just a long ball team.

Two likeable clubs; would like Wimbledon to go up just for the Dons Derby next season but Plymouth are an exceptionally well-supported club so wouldn't mind them going up either. 35k there today apparently!

Good to see Bassett again. I don't like his time with us being called 'the Wimbledon of the North'. Our side in the top flight was very different to the Wimbledon side of the 80s and we weren't just a long ball team.

Really? Our keepers didn't march to the halfway line and launch it aimlessly over the heads of midfielders in the general direction of the opposition goal?

He's a dinosaur and his legacy has done a great deal of harm.

For every mention of the great John Harris on here, there's a hundred of Diplodocus Dave. That really speaks for itself. We have a generation of fans who know nothing of how this beautiful game should be played. Their heroes are Booker and Montgomery rather than Currie and Badger. I suppose they deserve sympathy rather than vitriol.

An absolute cunt of an away trip which you just know will be on a Tuesday for United. It's a no to Plymouth from me.
It will be on a Bank Holiday Monday but Sky will swap it to a Tuesday evening.

Really? Our keepers didn't march to the halfway line and launch it aimlessly over the heads of midfielders in the general direction of the opposition goal?

For every mention of the great John Harris on here, there's a hundred of Diplodocus Dave. That really speaks for itself. We have a generation of fans who know nothing of how this beautiful game should be played. Their heroes are Booker and Montgomery rather than Currie and Badger. I suppose they deserve sympathy rather than vitriol.
I thought that comment would get a response from you! :)

John Harris with Currie and Badger: 10th
Dave Bassett with a bunch of hoofers: 9th

What do you know of Bassett? Nothing. You stopped going didn't you?

John Harris with Currie and Badger: 10th
Dave Bassett with a bunch of hoofers: 9th

What do you know of Bassett? Nothing. You stopped going didn't you?

No, my dad, a lifelong Blade, stopped going. A lot of others did too, as our poor attendances demonstrated. I'm afraid not everyone sees old Diplodocus as a legendary figure. Many voted with their feet.

I thought that comment would get a response from you! :)

Yes mate. I'll never stop stating the case for proper football against anti-football. I might be swimming against the tide in good old Jurassic Lane, but luckily the debate was settled everywhere else in the football world long, long ago. Football won; the Dinosaurs became extinct.

No, my dad, a lifelong Blade, stopped going. A lot of others did too, as our poor attendances demonstrated. I'm afraid not everyone sees old Diplodocus as a legendary figure. Many voted with their feet.

We averaged 10k in 1988, 12k in 1989, 16k in 1990, and 20k in 1991.

That looks like Bassett doubling the crowds in 3 seasons to me.

Yes mate. I'll never stop stating the case for proper football against anti-football. I might be swimming against the tide in good old Jurassic Lane, but luckily the debate was settled everywhere else in the football world long, long ago. Football won; the Dinosaurs became extinct.
Are you seriously saying that supporters of the Blades are different to everywhere else in their approach to how football should be played? Exactly how different? What evidence from within the support base of all other clubs do you have for these claims?

Until you start providing evidence for what you are claiming, you and your unsupported, ridiculous, generalised statements will continue to remain without a spec of credibility.

Commentator just said 'promotion a chance to play the likes of Sheffield United. That's what's at stake'. We're still the big draw :)

Back
Top Bottom