Wolves sack manager

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

RammyBlade

We are Bladesmen,Super Bladesmen from the Lane,
Reaction score
Wolves have sacked Walter Zenga their manager - hope to god that the new manager doesnt want EEL back or we are fcked !

Wolves have sacked Walter Zenga their manager - hope to god that the new manager doesnt want EEL back or we are fcked !
I'm pretty sure that they can't have him till January as early recalls are no longer allowed.

Gives CW time to plan and he will know what's what

Yes appreciate he cant go back until January but worried after that - hope CW is on the case

Yes appreciate he cant go back until January but worried after that - hope CW is on the case

Of course Wilder's on the case, he'll plan accordingly, and until Wolves appoint a new manager Wilder will continue with his duties and focus on the job he's got to do. It would make sense to assume that Wolves new manager will assess all his squad. In our favour is the fact that we have EEL for the remainder of this season, in that time Wilder can plan without having to make rash decisions. If we're destined to lose EEL I'm sure Chris will act accordingly, but if we've a chance of securing him then Wilder will make sure this happens I hope.

Ex goalkeepers make crap managers in the main

EEL is well down the Wolves pecking order

But a new manager can sometimes change everything and he might find his way back in favour.
As already said we've finitely got him until Jan then I suppose it depends what it says in the contract.
I would imagine Wolves have some clause that they can have him back or sell
But of course EEL will have a say in this but I expect him to stay with us until the end of the season.

It's only a quick Wikipedia search, but Zenga has achieved very little in the time he's managed 16 clubs in about as many years, in about 8 countries.
I looked at the same a few months ago and thought why the fuck did they appoint him.

If we had completed the signing of Craig Morgan, as we were very close to doing, we would have never had Ebanks-Landell at the club.

Just shows Wilder has a contingency plan if the unexpected happens.

We have EEL for the season, however if Wolves do have a recall clause in Jan, Wilder will have a replacement identified.

There wont be a D*n B**n situation while Wilder is here.

Id like us to sign EEL in january on a permanent and also go back in for either Morgan or the centre back lad at Millwall. Both probably available and probably easier to prise out of their respective clubs at this point. Certainly Morgan should be if hes not played much in the first half of the season. Whilst i think that the current back 3 have done really well, i cant see them all going all season without injury and i have to say that i wasnt convinced about Wilson in the short time i saw him admittedly. Wouldnt hurt to get another hard as nails seasoned campaigner to be recruited as both EEL and O'Connell are relative pups and probably rely on Wright more than we appreciate. Another full back wouldnt go amiss either in Jan, one who can cover both flanks with sound defensive duties would be nice too. Not sure we have the quality if Freeman or Lafferty get injured.

If we had completed the signing of Craig Morgan, as we were very close to doing, we would have never had Ebanks-Landell at the club.

Just shows Wilder has a contingency plan if the unexpected happens.

We have EEL for the season, however if Wolves do have a recall clause in Jan, Wilder will have a replacement identified.

There wont be a D*n B**n situation while Wilder is here.
We're signing Dan Burn?

So as we can avoid that horrible February CW says we'll be up by end of January. Nowt to worry about.

Ok, the loan rules are:

53.1.2 any recall clause requiring the early termination of a Standard Loan can only be included in a full Season Standard Loan and this can only be activated during the second (January) Transfer Window;

53.1.3 any other early termination of a Standard Loan must be by way of a mutual agreement in writing (including by way of a recall clause within the Standard Loan Agreement) between the Transferor Club, the Transferee Club and the Player but can only be completed after the expiry of 28 days and only during a Transfer Window

In other words, as this is a full season loan, they can only recall in January if such a clause is written in to the loan agreement. I think this is a bit that needs clarifying before anymore G-strings get twisted up bottoms.

isn't he also out of contract in the summer ,which means hes virtually left anyway ?

Apparently they have an option for a year's extension. By which I of course mean Wolves have that option. Obviously no player would be given that power.

Not actually seen this confirmed, but that's what everyone's been saying.

Any new manager going there is going to be demanding loads of cash from the owners, and probably isn't going to be thinking long about bringing back a League One loanee to solve their defensive woes.

hope to god that the new manager doesnt want EEL back or we are fcked !

As much as I don't want him to go back to Wolves and he would be a loss. We'd hardly be fucked. Basham has covered there for O'Connell recently and we have James Wilson as backup. With the form that Fleck and Coutts are in, do we realistically see Basham getting back in CM any time soon?

Apparently they have an option for a year's extension. By which I of course mean Wolves have that option. Obviously no player would be given that power.

Not actually seen this confirmed, but that's what everyone's been saying.
Yeh..good job Hammond wasn't given that option the tosser....oh hang on a minute ....

Maybe we could tempt Dan Burn!!??!!??

Back
Top Bottom