With everyone we've let go

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

PeteBlade

Reaction score
Either for decent fees like Che or for large reductions in wages like Clough's love child Brayford, is anyone else the slight bit surprised/confused/concerned that as another transfer window looks to close, we can only bring people in if we let people go first?

We no longer have a bloated squad and are woefully poor of quality, but from what I'm reading, deals won't be made unless the likes of McNulty, DCL and others are released.

Apologies for what is probably a re-hash of a million other old threads but it's not like we have a game tonight or anything like that to discuss.

Either for decent fees like Che or for large reductions in wages like Clough's love child Brayford, is anyone else the slight bit surprised/confused/concerned that as another transfer window looks to close, we can only bring people in if we let people go first?

We no longer have a bloated squad and are woefully poor of quality, but from what I'm reading, deals won't be made unless the likes of McNulty, DCL and others are released.

Apologies for what is probably a re-hash of a million other old threads but it's not like we have a game tonight or anything like that to discuss.

Why does it surprise you?

Yes, concerned.......a lot. I thought that clearing out all the shite we have would solve that problem but it seems that getting rid of wage and oxygen thieves Woolford and Hammond has set us back a long (er) way

Our 'spine ' is as week as an eth.
Cb, cm and a tall striker needed.
Very unlikely all three of those positions will be filled by 10.59PM tomorrow.
Mcnulty looks like he's off.
The more I find the lavery signing a strange one,is the fact that sparky hasn't had a sniff at the first team.(if it's true he's on his way out),but played very well with lavery at pommpey together.
An odd one from wilder,especially if it's true that he's going to Bradford on loan (a rival.)

I'm more concerned about the other two positions. The cm is lacking quality, Fleck needs a partner,basham isn't the answer.
Cb we've needed one for two seasons. We so desperately need a good days business tommoza for a change.

whereas every other club in league one buys who they like with out the need to release any one
no other football clubs ever need to dispose of players as they have endless funds
and other boards are prepared to spend millions without redress

whereas every other club in league one buys who they like with out the need to release any one
no other football clubs ever need to dispose of players as they have endless funds
and other boards are prepared to spend millions without redress

I look forward to having the opposite argument with you when you've changed your mind next month.

(That's what I'm getting at...)
I know, that's what I'm getting at too, just putting the question out there if that has been used as an excuse. Has it though? Not sure, I think we're just not signing anyone because we're not signing anyone this time, I don't even think we can be bothered with an excuse.

I know, that's what I'm getting at too, just putting the question out there if that has been used as an excuse. Has it though? Not sure, I think we're just not signing anyone because we're not signing anyone this time, I don't even think we can be bothered with an excuse.

We're hearing a lot about how difficult it is for Sheffield United to sign players which I think has been setting us up for the inevitable tomorrow.

All the talk and chatter seems to be "We might sign A if we get rid of B".

Ha ha, awesome! I dread to think who we've sold to finance this...

3 to go!
why are all your posts so so cynical

cant you give anyone a chance to finish a job

I gave Adkins every chance to bring in one player , he failed
your slagging off cw for nearly hitting double figures

Last edited:
Why are all your posts so so cynical?

Can't you give anyone a chance to finish a job?

I gave Askins (Adkins) every chance to bring in one player , he failed
you're slagging off cw for nearly hitting double figures.

There you go, almost an intelligible argument now.

As an aside, I imagine this transfer has been confirmed because we've agreed a deal to sell McNulty, which will be confirmed tomorrow no doubt.

Which sort of confirms the concerns from my OP.

As an aside, I imagine this transfer has been confirmed because we've agreed a deal to sell McNulty, which will be confirmed tomorrow no doubt.

Which sort of confirms the concerns from my OP.

concerns about what
moving out failures to get younger talent

Hasn't it been said today that McNulty is in talks with Bradford and that is dependant on arrivals. So not sure it's a case of players going before we can bring them ib

Age is irrelevant.

Can the new lad offer more than McNulty if he's going?

We shall see.
Personally...controversial as it may be, I would rather keep McNulty than Sharp.

Sharp recently has been as lazy as McNulty has during his time here, and I believe McNulty is quicker, and as a bonus cheaper too.
If the aim of the game is to increase the squad simple and squad ability without increasing costs, it would make sense to move in Sharp.

Age is irrelevant.

Can the new lad offer more than McNulty if he's going?

We shall see.
Personally...controversial as it may be, I would rather keep McNulty than Sharp.

Sharp recently has been as lazy as McNulty has during his time here, and I believe McNulty is quicker, and as a bonus cheaper too.
If the aim of the game is to increase the squad simple and squad ability without increasing costs, it would make sense to move in Sharp.

Age doesn't bother me either, just responding to another nonsensical point from you know who!

Is it confirmed that Burton are paying all Brayfords wages?

Is it confirmed that Burton are paying all Brayfords wages?

No I'm sure I read we're subsidising them (as ridiculous as that is) but even if we're paying 40% of them we've still saved 60% of what can't be insubstantial wages.

Scenes tomorrow when we announce Sharp's departure....

Back
Top Bottom