Will you renew

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Will you renew in league one

• Yes

Votes: 58 69.9%
  • No

Votes: 24 28.9%
  • Yes if we sack Adkins and talk you usual bollocks as i am very gullible

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

Most likely yes.

After three months of no football, I forget how fucking awful everything is and I open myself up to believing we might achieve summat.
It's an endless cycle and I'm starting to wonder if fans like me are part of the problem to be honest.

Of course everyone will, it's part of why we're such underachievers. It's why we can afford to last out many many thousands of pounds a week on wages so attract "quality" strollers looking for a nice easy ride ("Theyve been in this Division for 5 years already and still turn up, so we don't have to bust a gut") as opposed to the hungry, hard working kids we see running past, over and through them so often.

I've said it before, but the two most regularly used phrases on here that are diametrically opposite each other "We're the biggest club in this League so should get promoted" and "Because we are the biggest club in this League doesnt mean we should get promoted" are both true. One of those needs to give before we can move forwards.

Yes I'll renew, however it's less likely I'll go to as many games and the games I go to I'll probably just have the banter with the lads around rather than being overly supportive of what's happening on the pitch.

I don't think now is the time to worry about people renewing, we're all died in the wool blades. Looking around the concourse last night there wer'nt many young blades. Might be a bit different on the kop, but I haven't been on for years.

The last few seasons there has been something positive (ish) at the end of the season to draw me back for another year of hurt, misery and trips to Crewe and Port Vale.
Last season: that play-off semi. We lost, granted, but there looked to be something to build on.
2013/2014: An FA Cup semi and 7th place. Things were looking up.

Unless NA, the "promotion specalist" kicks into life, I don't feel like there will be anything positive come May other than not getting relegated, and who would have thought that pre-kick off at Gillingham?

I'll be back though, I know it. The summer, three months of no league football and England's inevitable collapse into failure at the Euros will make me pine for BDTBL..

In two minds about this one, I'm a long standing season ticket holder and don't want to give it up, but I've also got work commitments that mean I don't get to every game, and having a young son I have to think about him.

I'm not enjoying this season, and he doesn't seem to be enjoying it. I big up the Blades to him, and the whole occasion of the match but when we are coming out saying how rubbish we have been, it is not an enjoyable occasion for either of us.

So for me it is a no as things stand, I don't think there is enough there to justify the expenditure in both time and money for it to be worthwhile.

Quite surprised at the results and what people are saying, trust me this board are quite happy with us in league one with 20k most home games. We have low overheads in this league plus much lower wages, we can keep selling the odd few with young lads coming through and let's face it how many extra would we get if we did go up, 2-3k ? not sure that would pay for the higher paid players needed not to mention bigger squad size.

The only way this board will act is if fans vote with there feet and voicing that's the reason, ring up the radio after games saying I haven't been and this is the reason, that soon feeds back and they will know they need to act.

Don't believe all you read about us losing money each year it's bollocks, they are happy with us in league one with the crowd sizes this high, jimbo comes on facetube bigging us up to be the next Barcelona then we get thumped and he goes into hiding. How anyone can get excited about playing the likes of Bury, Gillingham, Walsall, Shrewsbury, Fleetwood, Port vale etc etc is beyond me.

Enjoy league one and hay might give league two a try see what we can get away with in there or just for a change of scenery perhaps. Back in the championship is just a dream for most but it looks like most don't care, I hate this division and I hate the fact it's taken the pigs 3 months to create a decent side to give the higher division a go, just shows what can happen with an ambitious board.

I'll renew, but I may well miss a few games for various reasons. But I'll renew because I'm a fucking idiot and know no better. At least that seems to be the way I'm viewed by the club these days.
Yep,that's me

No but that's because I have to work every other weekend. That and I have totally had enough of all the lies and shit football

I don't have a season ticket, that used to be because of work commitments at weekends, but now it's because I get so many freebies off mates who don't want to go / do something else instead, must have had £100 worth of tickets for nothing this season already, and when I buy them it's once every few weeks, and quite cheap anyway....

I will be doing the same next year, and I like to go around the ground in different stands, been on the kop three times this season, first time in about ten years on there, it's ok, but they still stand up when we get close to goal...lol

Quite surprised at the results and what people are saying, trust me this board are quite happy with us in league one with 20k most home games. We have low overheads in this league plus much lower wages, we can keep selling the odd few with young lads coming through and let's face it how many extra would we get if we did go up, 2-3k ? not sure that would pay for the higher paid players needed not to mention bigger squad size.

The only way this board will act is if fans vote with there feet and voicing that's the reason, ring up the radio after games saying I haven't been and this is the reason, that soon feeds back and they will know they need to act.

Don't believe all you read about us losing money each year it's bollocks, they are happy with us in league one with the crowd sizes this high, jimbo comes on facetube bigging us up to be the next Barcelona then we get thumped and he goes into hiding. How anyone can get excited about playing the likes of Bury, Gillingham, Walsall, Shrewsbury, Fleetwood, Port vale etc etc is beyond me.

Enjoy league one and hay might give league two a try see what we can get away with in there or just for a change of scenery perhaps. Back in the championship is just a dream for most but it looks like most don't care, I hate this division and I hate the fact it's taken the pigs 3 months to create a decent side to give the higher division a go, just shows what can happen with an ambitious board.

The accounts are publicly available. Which part of them is fabricated?

We are losing money hand over fist. There is absolutely nothing for the board to be happy about. Crowds are good in the circumstances, but prices are low. The only way anyone is going to make money out of the club is to get us back to the Premier League.

If those who are putting the money in to keep the club afloat decide they've had enough, and pull out - then you'll very quickly realise how much the club is losing.

So why do they do it? Because the level of support in League One demonstrates to them the potential that is there - that if they can get us to the Premier League, there is a chance of their investment paying off. It is the club's support which has attracted investors in the first place. If people vote with their feet and the crowds drop off in a big way, the owners' losses will increase and so will the perception that the club has big potential. These two factors will quickly encourage the current owners to pull out, and will discourage anyone else from investing. Then our current woes will seem like nothing.

Our current league position is frustrating for everyone. However the club is reasonably secure financially. The reason for that is the loyal support of its fans - partly because that gives some income, and partly because it attracts those who invest. Try to encourage an end to that loyalty, and you kill the club.

Will still renew.

The board has made mistakes (appointing Robson as manager, sacking Blackwell after just two games into the season and sacking Wilson before the Play Offs) but they are doing their best. As Workington says "The accounts are publicly available. There is no fabrication"

Yes, but entirely out of familial loyalty rather than any desire to actually go to matches.

... trust me this board are quite happy with us in league one with 20k most home games. We have low overheads in this league plus much lower wages, we can keep selling the odd few with young lads coming through and let's face it how many extra would we get if we did go up, 2-3k ?

Trust you? Why, you are obviously a raving lunatic.

Are you one of the people who ring up Radio Sheffield asking 'where the money has gone'?

FFS, get off your arse and read the accounts. We lose money EVERY year. How does this work? Well for 13 years McCabe loaned us more to make up the losses but now its the Prince.

Wages might be lower than the Championship but they are still considerably larger than our income. Trust me........

ISC

I won't be renewing, no matter where we are playing next season, but I knew this when I renewed for this season. I simply have too many plans outside football starting Summer 16.

Back
Top Bottom