Why.............................

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Blade58

Once a Blade, always a daft ****
Reaction score
.......................... are we so shot shy?

I missed the Rochdale game as I was away, but in the last two games at BL I've never seen the opposition gk worked so little

No one seems to want to have a go and at least test the keeper. Make him work. Make him save it. One never knows, he might even spill it for someone to follow up. You know a bit like the Oxford goal :confused:

We scored a couple didn't we?

yep and how good it was :)

Doesn't change my opinion tho

3 goals in 5 games. No shots on target at Bolton

Specifically I'm talking BL tho. We are shot shy and their keeper in the last two games has been under worked imo

One thing you must not do is mention any negative at all. All we will accept after a win is praise and nothing but. Overly excited over reactionary praise too, we don't mind a bit of that.

Together, we could make getting shat on by a seagull into an outstanding positive. I prefer to be reasoned, look at the bigger picture and not jump to unnecessary conclusions, positive or negative but I'm not sure that's as fashionable.

One thing you must not do is mention any negative at all. All we will accept after a win is praise and nothing but. Overly excited over reactionary praise too, we don't mind a bit of that.

Together, we could make getting shat on by a seagull into an outstanding positive. I prefer to be reasoned, look at the bigger picture and not jump to unnecessary conclusions, positive or negative but I'm not sure that's as fashionable.

Barney, the atmosphere was back at times today, we we're losing and won. We didn't do that once last season. Kick back, have a beer and enjoy the result.

Oh come on Gruffalo you're telling me you weren't pleased when we won?

You have a point, both the positive and the negative go to the far end. I guess to offset each other. What is good is that Wilder has something to start with. Another 3 points next game and suddenly we look upwards and not downwards.

The shots thing has bothered me for some time. You only need to look at the stats and compare one of our games to that of many others going on. We must have among the fewest shots at goal of any team. Why is that? Because I think if you crack that you crack the problem.

.......................... are we so shot shy?

I missed the Rochdale game as I was away, but in the last two games at BL I've never seen the opposition gk worked so little

No one seems to want to have a go and at least test the keeper. Make him work. Make him save it. One never knows, he might even spill it for someone to follow up. You know a bit like the Oxford goal :confused:

Your shots come generally from midfield.

so.......how many goals has Basham scored?
how many goals has Fleck scored in previous seasons.
Duffy - doubt he actually has a shot.
Coutts record is?
Done - when on left - ell, he's a an up top player.
Scoogs - 1 goal last season, no assists, this season, 1 lucky goal from a stupid centre half clearance.

nuf said?

UTB

We're a bit shot shy..I can only think of Done's shot first half across the keeper after good work from Scougs..Great pass from Coutts to find him.
Second half..Scougall's weak effort wide,and Done's weak effort straight at the keeper.

Oh come on Gruffalo you're telling me you weren't pleased when we won?

You have a point, both the positive and the negative go to the far end. I guess to offset each other. What is good is that Wilder has something to start with. Another 3 points next game and suddenly we look upwards and not downwards.

The shots thing has bothered me for some time. You only need to look at the stats and compare one of our games to that of many others going on. We must have among the fewest shots at goal of any team. Why is that? Because I think if you crack that you crack the problem.
I was pleased, very pleased. But I keep it in perspective as I like to do everything.

Your post above is a fine example of praise with perspective. Unfortunately that's in short supply.

The point I'm making is about expectation. My expectation every season is 2nd or higher in this division. Meet it and I'm satisfied. Below 2nd, unhappy. Bottom of the league, rightly furious.

If your kids don't commit any crimes, are you going to make a big song and dance about how good they've been? No, because not committing any crimes is what's expected of them. Just like finishing 2nd in the third division is for Sheffield United.

Shooting from distance usually comes from confident players,when form is scratchy and the crowd is generally nervous then the easiest pass is usually the option.
A winning team with players enjoying it and fans buzzing will lead to more efforts from distance ,we definitely have players capable of letting fly

I was pleased, very pleased. But I keep it in perspective as I like to do everything.

Your post above is a fine example of praise with perspective. Unfortunately that's in short supply.

The point I'm making is about expectation. My expectation every season is 2nd or higher in this division. Meet it and I'm satisfied. Below 2nd, unhappy. Bottom of the league, rightly furious.

If your kids don't commit any crimes, are you going to make a big song and dance about how good they've been? No, because not committing any crimes is what's expected of them. Just like finishing 2nd in the third division is for Sheffield United.

positive or negative but I'm not sure that's as fashionable.

knit_vests_best1.jpg

What the fuck do they know....?
Trendsetters, leaders NEVER followers.

Green does suit... goes with your eyes...

Back
Top Bottom