Why no striker ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

JOEYDEE

Reaction score
Our Nige has been very active in the transfer market,and (arguably),brought in some decent young uns,and a few with good solid experience...
Why does he seem so reluctant to bring in a couple of decent strikers ?
He even says that we'll make do if no one suitable comes available !
Surely thats not very positive ? I know we've brought in super mac,but in asking CP to re-sign,that sort of nulifies that..
We've brought in lots of multi-position players,to add to those we've already got,but surely the strikers role is very specific ?
Are the rumours true about 'you know who ',but even if so,we surely need someone to put away the many chances we usually make ?

If Nige is looking at the Championship or higher for strikers it could just be that said club is waiting to sign their striker before releasing anybody else.

A...new...striker!
You know, that's not a bad idea...I'll email Big Jim and let him know.

UTB!

Only yesterday NC said two new strikers needed. His job is at stake, for us it's only our impatience that's being tested. That's life but I'm sure NC would be more concerned if SUFC didn't have any fans who were interested and so keen for him to succeed. All part of being at a "big club"!;):rolleyes:o_O

We've needed a striker ever since Blackman and Kitson departed.

It's just becoming a bit of a joke now.

h523964C4

Our Nige has been very active in the transfer market,and (arguably),brought in some decent young uns,and a few with good solid experience...
Surely thats not very positive ? I know we've brought in super mac,but in asking CP to re-sign,that sort of nulifies that..
We've brought in lots of multi-position players,to add to those we've already got,but surely the strikers role is very specific ?
Are the rumours true about 'you know who ',but even if so,we surely need someone to put away the many chances we usually make ?
Do you really believe what you posted ?

What makes you think he is reluctant to bring in a 'couple of decent strikers' Everything NC has said is that he is looking for them
Of course he won't bring in a striker who is not suitable. Doesn't that make sense ? Why would that be a negative ?
CP was our top scorer last season and very effective coming off the bench- why wouldn't we sign him on reduced terms for 12 months as a back up striker ?
We aren't going to be able to buy a striker who is experienced and/or capable at playing at Championship or above and scores 20 goals a season due to us being a 3rd division club. I suspect we may have to wait for the loan window.

If you seriously think that NC is lying when he says he is looking for a striker I think you are living in a different world.

WOW a new striker thread, gets more like BM here every day, where is cockneyblade btw ?

Not wishing to grass anyone up here but as I understand it he is setting up a rendezvous with Darren and Walthy at the airport - they are there waiting for Tarquers to arrive back from Austria then they plan to throw the mother of all parties throughout the weekend. Darren is acting as Ents manager for this, I believe, and he is keeping the main surprise for Cockneybalde well up his sleeve - for now.
To keep the theme Blades related the first item on the agenda is watching a live stream of the Blades vs Dundee Match from the comfort of a laptop some where in East end of London. Beyond that there is supposed to be a new way of consuming eels, a "Hey Nonny Nonce" compo and a ritual outing of any hoolie related activity being splashed over various social media.

Not wishing to grass anyone up here but as I understand it he is setting up a rendezvous with Darren and Walthy at the airport - they are there waiting for Tarquers to arrive back from Austria then they plan to throw the mother of all parties throughout the weekend. Darren is acting as Ents manager for this, I believe, and he is keeping the main surprise for Cockneybalde well up his sleeve - for now.
To keep the theme Blades related the first item on the agenda is watching a live stream of the Blades vs Dundee Match from the comfort of a laptop some where in East end of London. Beyond that there is supposed to be a new way of consuming eels, a "Hey Nonny Nonce" compo and a ritual outing of any hoolie related activity being splashed over various social media.

The surpise is 'Bray' :rolleyes:

Do you really believe what you posted ?

What makes you think he is reluctant to bring in a 'couple of decent strikers' Everything NC has said is that he is looking for them
Of course he won't bring in a striker who is not suitable. Doesn't that make sense ? Why would that be a negative ?
CP was our top scorer last season and very effective coming off the bench- why wouldn't we sign him on reduced terms for 12 months as a back up striker ?
We aren't going to be able to buy a striker who is experienced and/or capable at playing at Championship or above and scores 20 goals a season due to us being a 3rd division club. I suspect we may have to wait for the loan window.

If you seriously think that NC is lying when he says he is looking for a striker I think you are living in a different world.

Whoa sunshine !
Nowhere have i called our Nige a liar !And yes,I do believe what I've posted,and no,I don't live in a different world !
We have managed to find enough decent defenders,and midfielders,and I for one don't want to be starting the season with only Porter up front,there's a reason why hes only a 'back up'..
answers on a postcard ........

The surpise is 'Bray' :rolleyes:

Actually I am not sure which one Darren has decided upon
474635455_c583856efa.jpg
{/spoiler]

Hi Joey, I don't think Clough is in anyway reluctant to bring in a forward or two. He seemed a hair's breadth away from securing COG, but pretty obvious factors meant that this was a no-no. The type of player(s) Clough wants are the hardest to find, but I doubt there's been a lack of effort in trying to identify targets, just a question of availability and will those he's targeted fit within the club's financial structure? Have faith in our manager, I doubt he works 9-5 Mon to Fri. The search has been ongoing and will continue until the right people are available. When they're ours then everyone can stop worrying, or at least move onto the next topic to whinge about.

Hi Joey, I don't think Clough is in anyway reluctant to bring in a forward or two. He seemed a hair's breadth away from securing COG, but pretty obvious factors meant that this was a no-no. The type of player(s) Clough wants are the hardest to find, but I doubt there's been a lack of effort in trying to identify targets, just a question of availability and will those he's targeted fit within the club's financial structure? Have faith in our manager, I doubt he works 9-5 Mon to Fri. The search has been ongoing and will continue until the right people are available. When they're ours then everyone can stop worrying, or at least move onto the next topic to whinge about.

I do have faith in NC,in fact I think he's the best thing to happen to our great club for a long time.
I just have concerns that how can we even set up our pre season play without knowing who'll be up front,We've had nine great months under NC but during that time we've never really bought a decent front man in that's all Im trying to say.

I do have faith in NC,in fact I think he's the best thing to happen to our great club for a long time.
I just have concerns that how can we even set up our pre season play without knowing who'll be up front,We've had nine great months under NC but during that time we've never really bought a decent front man in that's all Im trying to say.

I know what you're saying, and I doubt there's a Blade who isn't keen to see a decent forward leading the line.

What I said in my post remains true now as it did then. Clough himself will know exactly what we need, so the question remains, why would he procrastinate in buying someone? Who knows who he's spoken to? Who has any idea how close Clough has come to securing this type of player? I don't and I'd suggest very few do too. So let's cut Cloughie some slack, he needs a forward or two to make sure we hit the ground running, or at least begin at a pace that will suggest we're ready to rock 'n roll.

NC has missed out on a few but is deliberately playing it cool. He has too. If he shouts to the world we are desperate for strikers, everyone including their grandmothers will put up their valuations. Of course I am concerned, but he is our manager for a reason, and that is for a change we have someone who HAS a clue. :)
Keep cool and keep the faith.

We have needed a striker since Ched was locked up.

Blackman was well on course for 20+ two seasons ago but we thought it was better to get rid.

Still complete lunacy for me, he could have done the business for us in the play offs.

Blackman was well on course for 20+ two seasons ago but we thought it was better to get rid.

Still complete lunacy for me, he could have done the business for us in the play offs.

Of which over 50% of them were penalties.

Whats he done since leaving us? all be it in a higher league

Of which over 50% of them were penalties.

Whats he done since leaving us? all be it in a higher league

Don't care if 100% of them were penalties, he bagged 11 goals in twenty odd matches, it was working.

He hasn't done anything since but that has no bearing on what he could have done for us in the second half of that season. I couldn't care less if he never scored a goal ever again if he had helped us get back into the Championship.

Back
Top Bottom