Why is Jim Phipps in Perth?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
He recently posted this on Twitter(a social media site)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    39.6 KB · Views: 78

It's all part of the trend to have directors as far away from running the club as possible.
McCabe in Belgium, seeing fuck all and trying to wash his hands of it all
The Prince wherever the fuck he is, seeing fuck all and trying to wash his hands of it all
Phipps in Perth trying to think up something positive to spin to both of them.
Silent minor directors all sat round a table counting up the loose change and wondering how were gonna replace our players with something cheap and just as shit.
The club is sailing around Cape Horn on a bad day without an engine, compass, navigation or sails and the directors have all jumped overboard (I Wish).
Adkins in the meantime has been given one oar to steer us with.

Jim is involved with a number of other businesses I believe. I assume this is on behalf of the Prince but could be wrong. He has said before that he doesn't get paid for the United job, so maybe these other interests provide his income?

Either way, it's worrying that both of our co-chairman seem to be tied up with other business interests. Would like to see someone focused on United 100%, not sure we have that right now.

He's not there for the nightlife, that's for sure.

He's not earning a wage from the Blades, and has other business interests elsewhere, representing the Prince's companies. But I think it's a sign of how comitted he is that he actively seeks out fans in the cities he visits to meet up and talk about all things Blades.

Jim is involved with a number of other businesses I believe. I assume this is on behalf of the Prince but could be wrong. He has said before that he doesn't get paid for the United job, so maybe these other interests provide his income?

Either way, it's worrying that both of our co-chairman seem to be tied up with other business interests. Would like to see someone focused on United 100%, not sure we have that right now.
Hence why we desperately need a sporting director

...believe he's down for the sport..

beach_volleyball_20.jpg
[/URL]

He's not there for the nightlife, that's for sure.

Steady. I had some decent nights out in Perth - always amusing to watch a bar fight in Northbridge, or some bogans brawling at the Burswood. And who wouldn't be a fan of the motto and resulting dress sense of some of the more lively ladies in that part of the world - "stick out your chest, represent the West"

Seven happy years in sunny Perth for this lucky poster, and I left with an Australian passport as a souvenir. It is a country town that's grown big, and it is in all honesty a bit boring. But Jim won't see the best of it, staying in Richardson. Needs to get himself to the western suburbs - get down the beach for a few beers at the Cottesloe Hotel, or the Ocean Beach Hotel: there are worse nights out, believe me.

Steady. I had some decent nights out in Perth - always amusing to watch a bar fight in Northbridge, or some bogans brawling at the Burswood. And who wouldn't be a fan of the motto and resulting dress sense of some of the more lively ladies in that part of the world - "stick out your chest, represent the West"

Seven happy years in sunny Perth for this lucky poster, and I left with an Australian passport as a souvenir. It is a country town that's grown big, and it is in all honesty a bit boring. But Jim won't see the best of it, staying in Richardson. Needs to get himself to the western suburbs - get down the beach for a few beers at the Cottesloe Hotel, or the Ocean Beach Hotel: there are worse nights out, believe me.
It sounds like the Australian passport wasn't the only souvenir you left with :)

Back
Top Bottom