Who would win this game...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
Have a think about these two teams. Which would win?

Howard - Turner
Brayford - Flynn
McEverly. - Basham
Kennedy - McGahey
Freeman - Harris
JCR - Murphy
Doyle - Scougall
Wallace J. - Baxter
Adams - Wallace K
Higdon - Reed
De Girolamo - McNulty

Sorry if I've missed an obvious player (Cuvelier), and I've not included Coutts as he hasn't player for us previously, but the point is that NC has put together a really strong squad and all of the above would be able to play in the first team and not weaken it. Another striker would be ideal but this group could be on the brink of something special.

I think both teams would have a good share of possession and do plenty in midfield however for all the huff and puff they will fail to convert anything in the final third of the pitch.......hmm where have I seen that so many times this season :D

I almost said 'the second team, they have Murphy' then I realised the first team has Brayford!

If anything doing that highlights the strength in depth that we've got as a squad. We're not reliant on any single player but at the same time have we really got someone who is going to win us game after game?

So much for Clough wanting a small squad of 25 at the start of the season......

When you think about the strength in depth we have at the moment its not difficult to see why our success comes in the cup.
It's going to be so difficult tomorrow with the reality check... 31000 to 18500 no camera's no build up, this is were Nigel has to earn his money.
A win tomorrow will really show everyone in LG1 what the RAWW are about, a defeat and its back to the drawing board. Back to my initial point we have great depth to our squad, I think we really need to find our best league 11 asap and give our back up squad the chance of Preston and even Man United. lets be realistic we wont win the cup but to have a full fit 24 players to call upon could be the difference between promotion and another drab year in league 1. UTB

Howard - Turner
Brayford - Flynn
McEverly. - Basham
Kennedy - McGahey
Freeman - Harris
JCR - Murphy
Doyle - Scougall
Wallace J. - Baxter
Adams - Wallace K
Higdon - Reed
De Girolamo - McNulty

Sorry if I've missed an obvious player (Cuvelier), and I've not included Coutts as he hasn't player for us previously, but the point is that NC has put together a really strong squad and all of the above would be able to play in the first team and not weaken it. Another striker would be ideal but this group could be on the brink of something special.
Yep, it's an improving squad no doubts but as many of us have said for a season and a half now, where are the goals coming from? It's got 0-0 all over it!

Howard - Turner
Brayford - Flynn
McEverly. - Basham
Kennedy - McGahey
Freeman - Harris
JCR - Murphy
Doyle - Scougall
Wallace J. - Baxter
Adams - Wallace K
Higdon - Reed
De Girolamo - McNulty

The one who has taken Holt on loan.

Back
Top Bottom