Who would we get in as new manager?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
Hypothetically if we did sack Adkins who would we get into replace him, more specifically who would actually want the job?

Our Lord, Jesus Christ - he was apparently good at working miracles.

On a serious note, I know you are saying hypothetically but we don't seriously want to go down this road again do we? When Clough was sacked, the majority of fans felt that Adkins was the right man with the right credentials for the job. You don't become a bad manager over night and while I acknowledge that so far, some of his decisions have been baffling, we need to stick with him.

Our Lord, Jesus Christ - he was apparently good at working miracles.

On a serious note, I know you are saying hypothetically but we don't seriously want to go down this road again do we? When Clough was sacked, the majority of fans felt that Adkins was the right man with the right credentials for the job. You don't become a bad manager over night and while I acknowledge that so far, some of his decisions have been baffling, we need to stick with him.

It's all well and good saying hes a good manager because of his past, however he did awful at Reading and he's doing awful now he's not shown anything to me or to anyone why we should stick with him rather than 'financial benefits'.

what does it matter, they'd be gone by the end of the season anyway. Or if not all it would achieve is to lower expectations and for us to be happy with a spot just outside the playoffs like in Clough's first season.

Start by looking at the qualities you want, be that motivational, tactical, transfer genius, man management, ability to work within agreed structures, and then pick the best man available without referring to bullshit like "must have league one experience" and similar that ended up with us getting Adkins. He got promoted out of this league however many times it was, whoop de fucking do, why isn't he managing in the Championship exactly?

I notice that despite being unhappy with Adkins, no one has suggested a suitable replacement?.............

Wouldn't happen but Cook seems to be fond of our players and it seems like he can get them to play well too.
Still, I wouldn't sack Adkins. He needs to build his own team

I notice that despite being unhappy with Adkins, no one has suggested a suitable replacement?.............
If I were running the club I'd call the players in and tell them they've got two weeks to sort themselves out or I'm bringing Roy Keane in, assisted by Morgs and this bloke:

Start by looking at the qualities you want, be that motivational, tactical, transfer genius, man management, ability to work within agreed structures, and then pick the best man available without referring to bullshit like "must have league one experience" and similar that ended up with us getting Adkins. He got promoted out of this league however many times it was, whoop de fucking do, why isn't he managing in the Championship exactly?
Isn't this part of the problem? We don't seem to have anyone who can actually identify what the job requires and what skills are needed to do it?
When you look at our appointments there seems little consistency or continuity, just bouncing from pillar to post.

If I were running the club I'd call the players in and tell them they've got two weeks to sort themselves out or I'm bringing Roy Keane in, assisted by Morgs and this bloke:

I don't know about Morgs, I still find it hard to believe that despite having him on our coaching staff, we can defend like we did last night.

Adkins should stay for three years regardless of results. The problems are far more deep rooted. if that means dropping into league 2 then so be it. I'm pretty much resigned to that anyway.
One things for sure a different manager will make no difference whatsoever.
We've tried every kind, old young experienced inexperienced good cv poor cv etc etc
I would now like to see what happens if we actually stick with a manager to give him time to learn by mistakes and build his own team.

I don't know about Morgs, I still find it hard to believe that despite having him on our coaching staff, we can defend like we did last night.
I don't think he's working with the first team. I'm not sure you can coach passion and desire anyway.

I would now like to see what happens if we actually stick with a manager to give him time to learn by mistakes and build his own team.
I would as well but that's not going to happen, we've been in L1 too long. We'll keep chopping and changing till hopefully we get someone who can get us over the line, like Dave Jones did at S6. Edit: and maybe that could be someone like Warnock on a short term contract.

Adkins should stay for three years regardless of results. The problems are far more deep rooted. if that means dropping into league 2 then so be it. I'm pretty much resigned to that anyway.
One things for sure a different manager will make no difference whatsoever.
We've tried every kind, old young experienced inexperienced good cv poor cv etc etc
I was so angry last night I wanted him out but realistically you're probably right. The board needs to make it clear to the players that NA is going nowhere and if they don't want to play for him they can fuck off.

Remember Porter was supposed to have told Weir 'I'll be here longer than you will'. We need to make sure none of the players think they can get rid of NA. I heard a couple of ex players on the radio the other night saying how senior players can often get rid of a manager, I think by talking directly to senior people at the club and convincing them the manager is shit, they didn't expand on it that much as it was a side comment.

Keith Edwards, he talks a lot of sense.

Disclaimer; This is a sarcastic post, I mention Edwards before anyone genuinely suggests him.

Back
Top Bottom