Who would have thought it?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1973Blade

Reaction score
Who would have thought a year ago that Leicester City would be Premier League Champions, Jeremy Corbyn be the Labour leader, a Sheffielder would win the US Masters and the Blades would fail to make the League One playoffs? Well maybe the latter....

Good point, Blade56 and one that shouldn't be overlooked in the present 'Leicester Love-in'. These wealthy (often Far Eastern) owners are in it for the unparalleled opportunities for money-laundering that the English game offers. They, and people like Cellini, Gold, Sullivan, 'Lady Brady' etc., know they can run rings around the 'suits' nominally 'in charge' of our game.

Thankfully, this 'easy route' to the riches of the PL doesn't always pan out. Hull, having progressed to the play-offs, are in meltdown and 15k home crowds are the norm. I'm just glad it's Derby and not the pigs who will face them over 2 legs.

Wasn't it the Leicester Administration that prompted the rule change?

In fairness to Leicester, there have been lots of heart warming stories about them this season and even banning fans on trying to cash in on their success.

We work with schools up and down the country and it is funny when i talk to teachers in that area when they say all the kids have put the Man utd shirt to the back of the wardrobe and gone out and bought a Leicester one.

We work with schools up and down the country and it is funny when i talk to teachers in that area when they say all the kids have put the Man utd shirt to the back of the wardrobe and gone out and bought a Leicester one.
They've not thrown the manure shirts away then, Just in case they come good next season.

Yeh, bet the businesses that didn't get paid when they put themselves into admin are over the moon for them.

Sorry, nowt positive here from B56
No element of bitterness then? We support a huge sack of rotting rubbish and Leicester..who won the championship in 2014 and are clearly therefore a club on the up..are League champions..anything that sickens Man U Chelsea and Liverpool is a great thing.

No element of bitterness then? We support a huge sack of rotting rubbish and Leicester..who won the championship in 2014 and are clearly therefore a club on the up..are League champions..anything that sickens Man U Chelsea and Liverpool is a great thing.
Cause I'm bitter, I support the unluckiest club in the world H ;)

Who would have thought a year ago that Leicester City would be Premier League Champions, Jeremy Corbyn be the Labour leader, a Sheffielder would win the US Masters and the Blades would fail to make the League One playoffs? Well maybe the latter....

You could do that as a sort of "news roundup in pictures"

vards_2837781a.JPG

hqdefault.jpg

_84343449_gettyimages-481082932.jpg

2FF5842500000578-3395014-image-a-36_1452567700611.jpg

Wasn't it the Leicester Administration that prompted the rule change?

In fairness to Leicester, there have been lots of heart warming stories about them this season and even banning fans on trying to cash in on their success.

Yep in the season when we finished 3rd behind them. Points deduction would have made the promotion race mighty interesting.

Back
Top Bottom