Who was the player who is no longer here.....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

AlienBlade

Reaction score
http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/shef...ner-of-the-ongoing-blades-sack-race-1-7280933
Interesting article in the star,

I wonder who the person he offered to have extra shooting lessons with but was turned down because they had a pre-arranged tattoo appointment... (so clough wanted to make the player better... he couldnt be arsed and just wanted another tattoo... what professionalism...)

when you look at things (many of the critics will look at the black and white and say Clough only ever achieved success at the lower leagues....

but maybe there are shades of grey as to the reasons behind that... (maybe not quite as many as 50.... but still shades of)

he stayed in the lower leagues so he could spend more time with his family...
his Derby spell was littered with players being sold out from under him and financial restrictions

it does go on to say he had his faults... but it was also noted he had identified the main problems...

it also says that Mcnulty acknowledge Clough's "Tough love" had made him a better player.... so far from Mcnulty hating him... or ruining him... it turns out he might have actually known how to get him playing better....

Lyle Taylor I'd bet.
doesnt look like he has any tattoos on his pictures?

I also like the article with Brayford about creating a "team" changing the Academy into more of a "social club" which meant the player wasnt just colleagues they were comrades.... (all done on the behest of clough)

McNulty acknowledged what he did while Clough was manager.

The tatoo bloke is Lyle Taylor ( old story).

"he had identified the main problems" - just a year too late, ho hum.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/shef...ner-of-the-ongoing-blades-sack-race-1-7280933
Interesting article in the star,

I wonder who the person he offered to have extra shooting lessons with but was turned down because they had a pre-arranged tattoo appointment... (so clough wanted to make the player better... he couldnt be arsed and just wanted another tattoo... what professionalism...)

when you look at things (many of the critics will look at the black and white and say Clough only ever achieved success at the lower leagues....

but maybe there are shades of grey as to the reasons behind that... (maybe not quite as many as 50.... but still shades of)

he stayed in the lower leagues so he could spend more time with his family...
his Derby spell was littered with players being sold out from under him and financial restrictions

it does go on to say he had his faults... but it was also noted he had identified the main problems...

it also says that Mcnulty acknowledge Clough's "Tough love" had made him a better player.... so far from Mcnulty hating him... or ruining him... it turns out he might have actually known how to get him playing better....

Very good article from the star for once and 100% spot on.

What a stupid decision it was to sack Clough. So much for 'the blades way' that was supposedly started in 2010 and the long term plan that was promised on cloughs appointment.

People can blame managers, fans, west ham etc etc. for our demise...the sole reason we are where we are is down to utterly garbage leadership at boardroom level. It's pathetic.

So what happens when the new manager doesn't get us promoted next season, he gets the sack as well? So now we're a one manager a season club until someone gets promotion. Who the fuck would want to come and manager our shambles of a club!!

I reckon it was Campbell-Ryce...shooting practice would fit...as would tattoos:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom