Who the hell plays on Saturday now ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

GB10

Reaction score
Just reflecting on last night and still can't believe what I saw. But that's gone and it's time to look forward to Saturday. When I say look forward...
Genuinely interested to see who will play on Saturday now ?
By rights it should be a different 11 as not one should get another start but they will .

If was a betting man I would say the ones that NA would pick again would be Long ( he can't keep swapping every game and was really badly exposed last night - maybe could have done better for second) ... Harris ( don't ask me why I think that apart from he can kick people) .. Hammond ( NA best mate) and sharp ( ditto) .
Incoming would have to be Kieron freeman , Brayford if fit enough and not to early, coutts , Diego if fit , JCR ... Then you come to the likes of martin Woodford
So I will go ( not what I want .. What I think he might have to do)
Long
Brayford
Harris
Basham
Edgar
( or recall Kennedy and swap for either of above )
JCR
Hammond
Coutts
Baxter
Diego
Sharp (Or accept we are doomed and recall the likes of DCL and just play him all season )

In other words God knows and thinking about it I don't care either

I said on another thread I see very little room for manouvre, he's got the same squad to chose from that have let him down all season so as you allude to it doesn't really matter.

Unless we loan 2-3 players in by Thursday Saturday will be much the same.

It was poison last night. I don't for one advocate hurling abuse at our own players, but fuck me that was a long time coming!

Think Brayford needs to return, sounds like Freeman's had two poor games in a row now

We need a captain, a leader and mceverley is not the one. Was amazed and dispondant in equal amounts when Adkin's announced him and then amazed yet again when Adkin's was surprised by the fans reaction. That's was the first time I had any concerns about our new leader.
Brayford would be the obvious choice for captain when he gets back purely because he's the only one I can recall ever showing any passion for this club.

With 90 mins on Monday, I expect Brayford will be back – I'd like the rest of the back 4 to be Edgar, Basham, Wallace. As for the rest, I don't really care. But I think that would give us a more solid starting point.

Howard

Freeman
Edgar
McEveley
Wallace

JCR
Basham
Baxter
Woolford

Done
Sammon

I don't care. I think the end is in sight for Adkins. Despite his positive attitude the players look like they couldn't care less. Added to that the fact he keeps picking Long, Hammond and Coutts and his days are numbered I feel.

Adding more aggression and running in midfield should be the main change.

I think too many are focusing on the defenders for our defensive problems, and on our attackers for our offensive problems. I think our main problem is in midfield. Hopefully a change will have positive effects defensively and attacking.

A suggestion:

GK

Freeman Edgar McEveley Harris

- - - - Hammond
or Baxter
Basham - - - - - Scougall
Done - - - - - - - - - - - - - Adams

Sammon

• 4-5-1 when we're defending
  • Wide men to support Sammon as inside forwards, not wingers, when we attack.
  • Basham and Scougall in box-to-box roles
  • I don't want the luxury of a "number 10", we need more players to help pressing and grafting
  • If it was a home game I would have picked Baxter as a holding playmaker, against Barnsley away there's an argument for picking Hammond to make us physically and defensively a bit stronger.
  • Quicker build up, more emphasis on counter attacking and less on passing it around

Adding more aggression and running in midfield should be the main change.

I think too many are focusing on the defenders for our defensive problems, and on our attackers for our offensive problems. I think our main problem is in midfield. Hopefully a change will have positive effects defensively and attacking.

A suggestion:

GK

Freeman Edgar McEveley Harris

- - - - Hammond
or Baxter
Basham - - - - - Scougall
Done - - - - - - - - - - - - - Adams

Sammon

• 4-5-1 when we're defending
  • Wide men to support Sammon as inside forwards, not wingers, when we attack.
  • Basham and Scougall in box-to-box roles
  • I don't want the luxury of a "number 10", we need more players to help pressing and grafting
  • If it was a home game I would have picked Baxter as a holding playmaker, against Barnsley away there's an argument for picking Hammond to make us physically and defensively a bit stronger.
  • Quicker build up, more emphasis on counter attacking and less on passing it around

I could get on board with this BB.

Right up till you put Sammon up top on his own as "target" man !!

Said it before, Sammon is not the answer. Anyone that sees this differently should get a DVD copy of last nights game and watch his performance for 90 mins. Well taken goal aside, Woeful !!

UTB

I could get on board with this BB.

Right up till you put Sammon up top on his own as "target" man !!

Said it before, Sammon is not the answer. Anyone that sees this differently should get a DVD copy of last nights game and watch his performance for 90 mins. Well taken goal aside, Woeful !!

UTB

I know you'd prefer Sharp and I'm not overly keen on Sammon either. I expect many to shake their head over McEveley as well. My main point is about getting the midfield right. But Sharp has been struggling lately (1 goal in 11), and maybe it would be good for him to have a break and come on as a sub to pose a different threat against tiring legs?

The suggested side had five six footers, which should hopefully cope, despite losing Collins, who's still our best player in the air.

It's an undersized blanket. You cover your feet and your shoulders are cold. You cover your shoulders and your feet are exposed.

Might as well just draw names out of a hat.

No one who started last night deserves a game on Sat.

----------------------Willis
Brayford----Edgar----McGahey-----K. Wallace

---------------Coutts/J Wallace*---Cuvellier**
--------------------Scougal

JCR------------------------------------Woolford***
--------------------Done

*No sign of him for a week, so assume he's injured again?
**Played 60mins the other day, may as well throw him in while we can.
***Yes, it's come to that

My team for Saturday would be (assuming it’s too soon for Brayford)

-------------------------Long

Flynn---------Edgar-------McGahey---Wallace

JCR-------------Dimaio----Basham----Scougall

-------------------Done—Sammon

Which could change to

----------------------Long

-------Egard-----McGahey—Wallace

JCR---------Basham-------Dimaio------Flynn

-----------------------Scougall

-------------Done------------Sammon

Or

-----------------------Long

Flynn---------Edgar----McGahey—Wallace

---------------Dimaio----Basham

JCR-----------------Scougall-----------Done

-----------------------Sammon

Subs:

Howard

Collins

Freeman

Coutts

Woolford

De Girolamo

Sharp

Not because I think it’s the best team but because Hammond, Baxter, Reed and Adams have to know that midfield performance was completely unacceptable and will not be tolerated. Freeman and Collins come out of the game with very little credit and I don’t think Harris should be ahead of Wallace in the first place.

Back to Basics. 4-4-2. Mostly big lads. Go direct like we did in the second half. Long throws and free kicks straight into the box. Keeper looking to turn the defenders with quick clearances. At least we looked like creating a few chances:-

Howard
Brayford Edgar K.Wallace Harris
JCR Basham Coutts Woolford
Sammon Done

Back
Top Bottom