Who on Earth Played last Night?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hodgyman

Reaction score
I bought a programme to see who the new United players were and who the visiting players were from their shirt numbers, no such information.

I tried to hear the players names/numbers from the Tannoy broadcast. The sound system was inaudible due to the echos. All other supporters in the same vicinity said the same thing.There are supposed to be electronic delays in the transmission system so that each set of speakers get the signal at the same time to avoid the echo.. This system has worked quite well for years, was it not set up correctly?

The team lists on the screen were so small that they were hardly legible at the gangway B end of the South Stand.

I wonder if the club will publish a list of the players from both teams on their website to let us know?

I bought a programme to see who the new United players were and who the visiting players were from their shirt numbers, no such information.

I tried to hear the players names/numbers from the Tannoy broadcast. The sound system was inaudible due to the echos. All other supporters in the same vicinity said the same thing.There are supposed to be electronic delays in the transmission system so that each set of speakers get the signal at the same time to avoid the echo.. This system has worked quite well for years, was it not set up correctly?

The team lists on the screen were so small that they were hardly legible at the gangway B end of the South Stand.

I wonder if the club will publish a list of the players from both teams on their website to let us know?

http://www.sufc.co.uk/news/article/20140731-fenerbahce-report-1796473.aspx

1 Howard
7 Flynn (2 Alcock)
5 Butler
17 McGahey (15 Collins)
16 Davies
8 Doyle (6 Basham)
10 Reed (21 Dimaio)
14 McGinn (4 Wallace)
20 Campbell-Ryce (11 Crawford)
12 McNulty
18 Porter (22 Di Girolamo)

Subs not used
13 Willis
3 Harris
9 Murphy

Thanks chaps. Lastnight's teams sorted.

Just the Tannoy to fix then

The man next to me had a website on his phone which seemed to have the team and shirt numbers on it. I was in the middle of the Kop and the sound there was pretty much inaudible too.

I know it's been suggested before, but it would be great if things like goal scorers, substitutions etc. were shown on the scoreboard, as well as regular reminders of the teams throughout the match (it seems like such a simple thing so I'm sure there's a technical reason why it can't/hasn't happen(ed)).

I know friendlies are a more extreme example with all the new players etc. but it still takes me time to place people (it was only when I got home that I realised I must have seen the legendary Diego but I couldn't remember a single thing he'd done, only that the team seemed to get quicker towards the end as the substitutions had been made and perhaps Fenerbahce tired a little); it also helps identify the opposition.

And if scoreboard improvements aren't possible, couldn't there at least be a pause until after the goal celebration to then announce the goal scorer as even without the dodgy sound from the speakers, it only gets drowned out by the celebrations anyway.

1 Howard
7 Flynn (2 Alcock)
5 Butler
17 McGahey (15 Collins)
16 Davies
8 Doyle (6 Basham)
10 Reed (21 Dimaio)
14 McGinn (4 Wallace)
20 Campbell-Ryce (11 Crawford)
12 McNulty
18 Porter (22 Di Girolamo)

Subs not used
13 Willis
3 Harris
9 Murphy

As said. I think other than Reed getting #10. That could be the squad numbers

The man next to me had a website on his phone which seemed to have the team and shirt numbers on it. I was in the middle of the Kop and the sound there was pretty much inaudible too.

I know it's been suggested before, but it would be great if things like goal scorers, substitutions etc. were shown on the scoreboard, as well as regular reminders of the teams throughout the match (it seems like such a simple thing so I'm sure there's a technical reason why it can't/hasn't happen(ed)).

I know friendlies are a more extreme example with all the new players etc. but it still takes me time to place people (it was only when I got home that I realised I must have seen the legendary Diego but I couldn't remember a single thing he'd done, only that the team seemed to get quicker towards the end as the substitutions had been made and perhaps Fenerbahce tired a little); it also helps identify the opposition.

And if scoreboard improvements aren't possible, couldn't there at least be a pause until after the goal celebration to then announce the goal scorer as even without the dodgy sound from the speakers, it only gets drowned out by the celebrations anyway.

Come on, the scoreboard has got much better recently, Ive not seen the windows XP logo for ages

SHEFFIELD UNITED: Howard, Flynn (Alcock 55), Butler, McGahey (Collins 69), Davies, Doyle (Basham 76), Reed (Dimaio 83), McGinn (Wallace 75), Porter (De Girolamo 75), Campbell-Ryce (Crawford 75), McNulty. Not used: Willis, Harris, Murphy.

FENERBAHCE: Demirel (Gunok 46), Irtegun (Cinemre 83), Topal (Potuk 46), Sow (Akarslan 75), Webo (Holmen 83), Ribas (Baroni 65), Meireles (Kadlec 46), Belozoglu (Sahin 46), Alves (Kesimal 65), Gonul (Topal 62), Erkin (Kaldirim 62). Not used: Taskiran, Degirmencioglu, Ergul.

I have reported the problem to Steve Hicks (SUFC Operations Director) who in turn has reported it to those who fix it. He hoped that it will be fixed before Saturday's next home game.

I also re-emailed him with the good suggestion from "Thaddeus" regarding more use of the scoreboard.

I have reported the problem to Steve Hicks (SUFC Operations Director) who in turn has reported it to those who fix it. He hoped that it will be fixed before Saturday's next home game.

I also re-emailed him with the good suggestion from "Thaddeus" regarding more use of the scoreboard.

Thanks Hodgyman, anything is worth a try; although I definitely wouldn't call it my suggestion as it comes up time and again on these boards.

I noticed that the public address system problems were addressed for the Bristol game.
This shows that by contacting relevant people in the club to point out a problem can have better results than moaning about the problem. Perhaps a lesson for us all (Self included!)

I noticed that the public address system problems were addressed for the Bristol game.
This shows that by contacting people in the club to point out a problem can have better results than moaning about the problem. Perhaps a lesson for us all (Self included!)

Are you sure? Couldnt hear anything row SS of the south stand and seen a few reports on here it was still dreadful on the Kop!

Back
Top Bottom