Who do we buy ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bugboyblade

Reaction score
It's obvious that we need to strengthen in three positions at least. But the million dollar question is who do we go for ?. Do we go for the Fulham reserve or the guy who can't get in the Leicester first team ?. I've seen a lot of good division one players this season, are they what we need if we want to get promoted ?. Then we've got division one players who might not be good enough for the championship. Do we go for the old premiership warhorse that might work ?. Then how do we pay for them ?. Get rid of the deadwood, who wants them or can afford the wages. Invest the murphy money, how much have Brighton actually paid ?. The money for Harry ? Did that go on the new pitch we don't know. What I do know is that something needs to happen sooner rather than later.

It's obvious that we need to strengthen in three positions at least. But the million dollar question is who do we go for ?. Do we go for the Fulham reserve or the guy who can't get in the Leicester first team ?. I've seen a lot of good division one players this season, are they what we need if we want to get promoted ?. Then we've got division one players who might not be good enough for the championship. Do we go for the old premiership warhorse that might work ?. Then how do we pay for them ?. Get rid of the deadwood, who wants them or can afford the wages. Invest the murphy money, how much have Brighton actually paid ?. The money for Harry ? Did that go on the new pitch we don't know. What I do know is that something needs to happen sooner rather than later.

Sorry to state the bleeding obvious, but if we had the money to bring someone in then we would have had the Fulhm reserve or the guy who can't get in the first team at Leciester.

So that leaves the question of where is the money, where is the money from the sales of Murphy and Maguire, or the receipts from 2 cup runs in the last couple of years, and where has the season ticket money gone from approximately 12,000 season tickets?

Anyone else want to have a guess? Perhaps Jim Phipps can tell us on social media?

Sorry to state the bleeding obvious, but if we had the money to bring someone in then we would have had the Fulhm reserve or the guy who can't get in the first team at Leciester.

So that leaves the question of where is the money, where is the money from the sales of Murphy and Maguire, or the receipts from 2 cup runs in the last couple of years, and where has the season ticket money gone from approximately 12,000 season tickets?

Anyone else want to have a guess? Perhaps Jim Phipps can tell us on social media?
My guess / hope is that we will end up spending the Murphy money. As for the rest, my guess is that this years accounts will be the same as all the others - showing that expenditure is much greater than income, with a whopping financial loss to cover.

I'm more disappointed that we can't seem to get our costs under control. The owners put in more than anyone else, and there's nobody else wanting to throw cash at us.

Perhaps they should put the admission fees up? :)

UTB

The pitch was paid for by the FA Cup run, which has been well documented

'ang on, where's this $1,000,000 come from?

Did you know Brendan Rogers spent £300 million in less than 3 years
Spent some silly money on players not worth the money

'ang on, where's this $1,000,000 come from?

Did you know Brendan Rogers spent £300 million in less than 3 years
Wasn't Rodgers though. It was a 'transfer committee'. I think Man U have spent more.

My guess / hope is that we will end up spending the Murphy money. As for the rest, my guess is that this years accounts will be the same as all the others - showing that expenditure is much greater than income, with a whopping financial loss to cover.

I'm more disappointed that we can't seem to get our costs under control. The owners put in more than anyone else, and there's nobody else wanting to throw cash at us.

Perhaps they should put the admission fees up? :)

UTB
Or maybe have a sensible wages cap and stop signing players with histories of injuries. That would be a good start.
Then forget about the idea that we can sign a team of championship players who'll all fight to get us up, because history shows that rarely works.
And the key thing is to do some proper due diligence and sign players with a spine and some bollocks.

Unfortunately the only players we can sign are on loan, and the only players that get loaned out are probably going to surplus to requirements at their current club.

We should have targeted top end league 1 players during the transfer window, we didn't. We should then have bought in our loan targets ASAP to ensure we carried on momentum, and to ensure we gained maximum points from the games following the window. We didn't.

We have now dropped points due to our team being incomplete, and fielding inadequate players in certain positions who are just not good enough.

Our problems are exactly the same as they've been all season, they need addressing now, we've gone about it all wrong, but better late than never.

Bringing in the 3 or so players we need now will be the difference between getting to January severely off the pace, or having a chance of promotion.

I honestly don't know who we could sign on loan who would improve us. Of course there's Hammond and Burn, but who knows what's happening on those fronts. I hope the powers that be at the club would have a knowledge much greater than mine on where to pick up these players at this moment in time.

Not confident, firstly due to the club apparently stalling and showing little to no signs of really trying to get anything done. Secondly, Woolford. We either looked at him and thought he'd be adequate, or someone at the club closed their eyes and pointed at a list of potential players. The players we might bring in could potentially be average championship players who won't add anything to us. We seem to have been pretty hit and miss at bringing in good loans over the years.

Back
Top Bottom