White shorts?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Fulwood Blade

Reaction score
Is our away kit now R&W shirts and WHITE shorts?

Last 3 away games we could have played in Black shorts, but didn't.

Prefer the R&W shirts, but why the white shorts when they are not really needed?

UTB

c52de2afa485304c213d706041e22487.jpg

At least it wasn't in combination with last seasons home shirt. We'd have looked like Leeds.

Is our away kit now R&W shirts and WHITE shorts?

Last 3 away games we could have played in Black shorts, but didn't.

Prefer the R&W shirts, but why the white shorts when they are not really needed?

UTB

Does remind me of the Jones and Sherman era with white shorts . Good memories . More importantly though it reminds me of relegation so ain't all good .

The positive is we are wearing the red and white more away which can only be a good thing. We move on . Good enough for a Wilder ,good enough for me.

UTB

Does remind me of the Jones and Sherman era with white shorts . Good memories . More importantly though it reminds me of relegation so ain't all good .

The positive is we are wearing the red and white more away which can only be a good thing. We move on . Good enough for a Wilder ,good enough for me.

UTB
Sept 1966 to December 1966 and the whole of the 1967/68 season apart from the last home match against Chelsea

More than happy to have white shorts away, it's better than changing the entire kit. Glad to see we have stopped wearing away shirts just because.

Mentioned this a few weeks ago. Last season we played in green unnecessarily. This season it seems white shorts denote our away kit - http://s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/its-all-about-the-stripes.49148/#post-1105204

I have looked back at that and indeed you did - I missed that one.

but what has become apparent is that we seems to be deliberately playing in White shorts and socks, when each of our last opponents had shorts of a colour that meant we could have played in black shorts.(Gillingham = Blue, Wimbledon = blue, Scunny = claret)

It seems to be that we play in R&W shirts, white shorts and white socks when we could play in Black shorts.

My main question is not R&W white shirts - it's why not Black shorts?

UTB

I have looked back at that and indeed you did - I missed that one.

but what has become apparent is that we seems to be deliberately playing in White shorts and socks, when each of our last opponents had shorts of a colour that meant we could have played in black shorts.(Gillingham = Blue, Wimbledon = blue, Scunny = claret)

It seems to be that we play in R&W shirts, white shorts and white socks when we could play in Black shorts.

My main question is not R&W white shirts - it's why not Black shorts?

UTB

Not sure. Wonder if its our choice or maybe an Adidas thing?

It seems our away kit is Stripes with White shorts/socks unless it clashes. At Bolton and Gills we had black sock due to them having white socks.

Be interesting to see what we wear at Bristol and MK as they have white shorts and socks. Will we just wear the full home kit or go black/orange?

Not sure. Wonder if its our choice or maybe an Adidas thing?

It seems our away kit is Stripes with White shorts/socks unless it clashes. At Bolton and Gills we had black sock due to them having white socks

no, me neither.

It might be that R&W, white, white stands out more in unfamiliar surroundings that black and black - perhaps I'm looking too deeply on this !!

UTB

no, me neither.

It might be that R&W, white, white stands out more in unfamiliar surroundings that black and black - perhaps I'm looking too deeply on this !!

UTB

Really don't know. Maybe CW is superstitious?
I can't ever remember going august and September without using the away kit

Written into most sponsorship deals now, plus manufacturer sales.

Start being concerned when we've got the home/away European shirt/kit.

We could do a lot worse than having something like Watford's away kit as our away kit. Very smart.

dryworld-watford-16-17-away-kit.jpg

Anybody know if these white shorts are available in the club shop? They're not showing online.

Back
Top Bottom