Where will our dross end up?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Deadbat

Reaction score
Before anyone says who cares; I just want them gone, I do agree with that but be interesting to see where we think our collection of misifts might end up when most move on at the end of the season as 'free agents'

Also I have done a bonus section for those not out of contract / loanees but will probably move on..or should!

I am hoping none of them return but I am going to play a game with best cased scenario and worst cased scenario where they may end up. Using some of background and geographical roots to help me choose location!

Feel free to join in or say I don't give a damn! It is quite cathartic.

Best Scenario =BS (for them and us in some cases!)
Worst Scenario = WS (for them)

---

George Long -

BS = A further year at United; maybe as back up.
WS = York City as first choice keeper after being released.

Still young enough for a club to gamble on him for a short term contract
---

Mark Howard -

BS = Back up at somewhere like Leyton Orient back in London.
WS = Aldershot in the Conference South

A League One back up; he is not going to get another club higher than us.
---

Neill Collins -

BS = Might get a year at somewhere like Notts County.
WS = Back to his first club in Scottish Championship, Dumbarton.

He has played enough years as a regular for us, gulp, that he may earn himself another year somewhere in England otherwise the safety net to finish his career in the backwaters of Scotland.
---

Bob Harris -

BS = Someone like Chesterfield might give him a year in League One due to links with Morgan.
WS = Hamilton in lower Scottish Premier.

Too many injuries but done enough for maybe a side in League One/Two to give him a pay as you play. If not back to Scotland.
---

Jay McEveley -

BS = A further year at United or a 1 year deal at somewhere like Rochdale.
WS = Accrington in League Two. Made captain.

He has the experience and probably enough footballing back catalogue to get another year or so in the league.
---

Harrison McGahey -

BS = Southport in National League.
WS = Chorley in National League North.

Not sure anyone in League football would have someone who was not even good enough for football club Tranmere and is a reserve in League One.
---

David Edgar -

BS = Back to USA and maybe gets a year for Toronto FC - actually that might be preferrable to playing for us for another year which was my other consideration.
WS = Hartlepool. He has roots in North East so could see him here.

Not even sure he would be good enough for the MLS and may end up somewhere like the delicously named Niagara United in Canadian league if he leaves British football. He is 29 end of season so not a kid.
---

Kieron Freeman -

BS = Gets a year or so at Portsmouth after having loan spell there.
WS = Mansfield where he was on loan before and local side for him

There are worst players than him and sure he will hang around the lower leagues for a while but he cannot defend well enough nor is consistent enough to play any higher. Looks the sort with his man bun and athletic type style but mostly all fluff and little substance.
---

Callum McFadzean -

BS = Gainsborough Trinity. Not even sure he will get regular games in the National League and may have to go one down from there.
WS = Hallam FC/Sheffield FC. That sadly is where he will end up in a few years I feel.

Could not even get in the Burton or Stevenage sides in League Two. A player lacking in ability and attitude. Remember him saying he did not want to go same way as his brother re drinking/knuckling down and although he was involved in the court case a few years ago after a fight; it is more his ability. He is just not very good sadly.
---

Terry Kennedy -

BS = Not been able to hold down a place at Cambridge so not sure with his knee injuries he will stay in the League. May get a short term contract in Non League at somewhere like Lincoln or Grimsby.
WS = Retires. Feel in a year he may be out of the game completely.
---

James Wallace -

BS = Fleetwood; if they go down may have him a short contract .
WS = Back at Tranmere in National League or worse still has to pack up completely.

Shrewsbury don't seem to fancy him but seems sort that would play for a local-ish side and his injuries dictate it would be League Two at best.
---

Ryan Flynn -

BS = Scunthorpe. A League One side might give him a year but that is a push and more likely....
WS = Falkirk. Head back to his first club. they may go up and thus he could still get a deal at lower Scottish Premier League.

Flynn is not worst player in the world but a steady eddy at best and with injury problems unsure he is going to get many offers in England aside from maybe League Two.
---

Dean Hammond

BS = Blades give him a year and make him skipper!
WS = Luton Town. The manager Jones was big mates with him at Brighton.

Think it is inevitable he will sign if Adkins stays sadly. Reality is his legs are done and even League Two is a stretch.
---

Florent Cuvellier

BS = Port Vale might give him a month to month contract. If he stays in England though reastically Carlisle might be as good as he gets until he gets injured again
WS = Sportvereniging Zulte Waregem. A mid table Belgian League side. Will play 3 games straight and then break down and have to pack in.

Not sure he will be able to get any kind of fixed deal in England with injury record over last 3 years. He may have to go back home.
---

Jose Baxter -

BS = Could see him going back to Oldham; especially if they go down. They will be desperate and so will he.
WS = Tranmere. Back to Merseyside/Wirral and he can toss it off most weeks in the Non League and concentrate on his main hobbies outside of football. Allegedly.

He has enough talent that a league club will give him a deal based on some goals and promise he has still occasionally shown but is not a kid anymore and sadly other League One teams will have seen what a weakness he is due to his lack of effort/fitness.
---

Stefan Scougall

BS = Hibs. Back to Scottish League. If they go up he may be deemed not good enough for Scottish Premier League ironically.
WS = Livingston or St Mirren. Scottish Championship (2nd tier) about his level.

Not a free agent but sure the club will release him or pay him up. He will head back to Scotland. He has shown he does not have any particular quality after looking a real talent when he first came.
---

Connor Sammon

BS = Dundee United. Their big money signing (free) that will spearhead their promotion charge.
WS = Derry City. League of Ireland about his level.

Will have his pick of rubbish in Scotland or Ireland. His days in English League football are surely done after a series of loan moves has seen him plummet down the leagues.
---

Jamal Campbell Ryce

BS = Colchester in a side going for Promotion.
WS = Back to London and a deal with somewhere like Barnet or Wimbleon.

Actually they are both the same but a player approaching mid 30's will probably not get a club at this level. Still could be a real asset for one of those type sides.
---

Diego Di Girolamo

BS = Chesterfield / York. Morgan's influence may see him get a short term contract but even Morgan did not see m to fancy him so he may end up back at York but they have changed management so even this would be a push.
WS = Stavely Miners Welfare. Northern Counties East Premier League. I cannot see him ending up anywhere but non league. For all the talk of Italy, he seems a bit of a home bird ; seen him drinking milkshakes in Chesterfield market (not quite McNulty stalking - for the record he did not have a jumper draped over him) and his girlfriend works at the college.

Just not done it and all the dream moves to Italy that were mentioned seemed to be a figment of his imagination. Not even involved in the Italian young squads now as too old; not sure anything but non league football awaits him. Most talked about prospect without actually ever doing anything of note since Ian Ross.
---

Marc McNulty

BS = Pompey sign him for a longish contract. If they go up ironically they may feel they can do better but they seem to like him and he probably will stay there.
WS = Back to Scotland. Pick a middling - rubbish Scottish club. Lets go Inverness. Do they sell Lollipops?

He is one that could still score goals given half a chance but is quite in and out and plays well maybe 1 in 3 or odd sub games. No sure he has the attitude to make it any higher than middle of League One at best.
---

Missed anyone?

Ah. Feel better now I have got rid of them all.

Portsmouth is becoming the place for our unwanted players.

Let's hope Pompey don;t get promoted or we're screwed.

Thing that everyone wants to know is where will United go next season. I've created my own key for this

BS. best scenario
LS. likely scenario
DS. desperate scenario
OFS. oh fuck scenario

BS. We get rid of most of the dross sign a few promising player and challenge for the play offs.

LS. We only get rid of a few, some dodgy loans and Hammond come in and one or two extended deals leave us mid table again.

DS. We see a huge infight at board level, no money is forthcoming for team strengthening, we are fighting relegation next season.

OFS. We completely collapse this season and start next year in League two.

Florent Cuvellier

BS = Port Vale might give him a month to month contract. If he stays in England though reastically Carlisle might be as good as he gets until he gets injured again
WS = Sportvereniging Zulte Waregem. A mid table Belgian League side. Will play 3 games straight and then break down and have to pack in.

Funnily enough, Zulte Waregem is where Chuks Aneke ended up after that stellar season he had for Crewe a couple of seasons back (a season when I used to bang on & on over on Bladesmad about how we ought to sign him sharpish).

Seems to have been blighted by injuries, sadly, since going there - just our sort of player. Maybe a swap deal?

That makes for sombre reading Deadbat as you seem to have put it in to a context that perfectly illustrates how poor a lot of these players really are.

Out of the current lot, the only ones i would like to see still involved with Sheffield United are Long, Brayford, Edgar, Coutts and Billy Sharp. The rest as far as I'm concerned can to put it bluntly go and fuck themselves, and i don't care where they go and fuck themselves as long as it isn't in the vicinity of Bramall Lane.

Before anyone says who cares; I just want them gone, I do agree with that but be interesting to see where we think our collection of misifts might end up when most move on at the end of the season as 'free agents'

Also I have done a bonus section for those not out of contract / loanees but will probably move on..or should!

I am hoping none of them return but I am going to play a game with best cased scenario and worst cased scenario where they may end up. Using some of background and geographical roots to help me choose location!

---

George Long -

---

Mark Howard -

---

Neill Collins -

He has played enough years as a regular for us, gulp, that he may earn himself another year somewhere in England otherwise the safety net to finish his career in the backwaters of Scotland.
---

Bob Harris -

BS = Someone like Chesterfield might give him a year in League One due to links with Morgan.

Too many injuries but done enough for maybe a side in League One/Two to give him a pay as you play. If not back to Scotland.
---

Jay McEveley -

He has the experience and probably enough footballing back catalogue to get another year or so in the league.
---

Harrison McGahey -

Not sure anyone in League football would have someone who was not even good enough for football club Tranmere and is a reserve in League One.
---

David Edgar -

BS = Back to USA and maybe gets a year for Toronto FC - actually that might be preferrable to playing for us for another year which was my other consideration.

Not even sure he would be good enough for the MLS and may end up somewhere like the delicously named Niagara United in Canadian league if he leaves British football. He is 29 end of season so not a kid.
---

Kieron Freeman -

There are worst players than him and sure he will hang around the lower leagues for a while but he cannot defend well enough nor is consistent enough to play any higher. Looks the sort with his man bun and athletic type style but mostly all fluff and little substance.
---

Callum McFadzean -

BS = Gainsborough Trinity. Not even sure he will get regular games in the National League and may have to go one down from there.
WS = Hallam FC/Sheffield FC. That sadly is where he will end up in a few years I feel.

Could not even get in the Burton or Stevenage sides in League Two. A player lacking in ability and attitude. Remember him saying he did not want to go same way as his brother re drinking/knuckling down and although he was involved in the court case a few years ago after a fight; it is more his ability. He is just not very good sadly.
---

Terry Kennedy -

BS = Not been able to hold down a place at Cambridge so not sure with his knee injuries he will stay in the League. May get a short term contract in Non League at somewhere like Lincoln or Grimsby.
---

James Wallace -

WS = Back at Tranmere in National League or worse still has to pack up completely.

Shrewsbury don't seem to fancy him but seems sort that would play for a local-ish side and his injuries dictate it would be League Two at best.
---

Ryan Flynn -

BS = Scunthorpe. A League One side might give him a year but that is a push and more likely....
WS = Falkirk. Head back to his first club. they may go up and thus he could still get a deal at lower Scottish Premier League.

Flynn is not worst player in the world but a steady eddy at best and with injury problems unsure he is going to get many offers in England aside from maybe League Two.
---

Dean Hammond

Think it is inevitable he will sign if Adkins stays sadly. Reality is his legs are done and even League Two is a stretch.
---

Florent Cuvellier

Not sure he will be able to get any kind of fixed deal in England with injury record over last 3 years. He may have to go back home.
---

Jose Baxter -

BS = Could see him going back to Oldham; especially if they go down. They will be desperate and so will he.
WS = Tranmere. Back to Merseyside/Wirral and he can toss it off most weeks in the Non League and concentrate on his main hobbies outside of football. Allegedly.

He has enough talent that a league club will give him a deal based on some goals and promise he has still occasionally shown but is not a kid anymore and sadly other League One teams will have seen what a weakness he is due to his lack of effort/fitness.
---

Stefan Scougall

BS = Hibs. Back to Scottish League. If they go up he may be deemed not good enough for Scottish Premier League ironically.

Not a free agent but sure the club will release him or pay him up. He will head back to Scotland. He has shown he does not have any particular quality after looking a real talent when he first came.
---

Connor Sammon

BS = Dundee United. Their big money signing (free) that will spearhead their promotion charge.

Will have his pick of rubbish in Scotland or Ireland. His days in English League football are surely done after a series of loan moves has seen him plummet down the leagues.
---

Jamal Campbell Ryce

Actually they are both the same but a player approaching mid 30's will probably not get a club at this level. Still could be a real asset for one of those type sides.
---

Diego Di Girolamo

BS = Chesterfield / York. Morgan's influence may see him get a short term contract but even Morgan did not see m to fancy him so he may end up back at York but they have changed management so even this would be a push.
WS = Stavely Miners Welfare. Northern Counties East Premier League. I cannot see him ending up anywhere but non league. For all the talk of Italy, he seems a bit of a home bird ; seen him drinking milkshakes in Chesterfield market (not quite McNulty stalking - for the record he did not have a jumper draped over him) and his girlfriend works at the college.

Just not done it and all the dream moves to Italy that were mentioned seemed to be a figment of his imagination. Not even involved in the Italian young squads now as too old; not sure anything but non league football awaits him. Most talked about prospect without actually ever doing anything of note since Ian Ross.
---

Marc McNulty

BS = Pompey sign him for a longish contract. If they go up ironically they may feel they can do better but they seem to like him and he probably will stay there.
WS = Back to Scotland. Pick a middling - rubbish Scottish club. Lets go Inverness. Do they sell Lollipops?

He is one that could still score goals given half a chance but is quite in and out and plays well maybe 1 in 3 or odd sub games. No sure he has the attitude to make it any higher than middle of League One at best.
---

Missed anyone?

The worst case scenario is the same for all of them. Having me nail them to a wall and kick them repeatedly in the pods for the same amount of time I've spent watching them this season.

Quid pro quo.

Have to agree that all of this lot are heading downhill not up. Says everything about why our promotion campaign isn't happening.

Minor technical point - Aldershot are in the National League. The Mrs supports them and won't be happy with Conference South.

Worryingly I discussed this with a mate on Saturday. I'd had a few beers and was getting angrier with the useless set of tossers so came up with an idea. Hear me out.

There should be a half time draw and the 20 fans drawn out can go on the pitch at the end. No players are allowed to leave the pitch for 10 minutes. The fans go round and can do what they want to those players on the pitch; you can stand and shout at them if you choose (verbal abuse) or chase them Benny Hill style trying to kick them up the arse (physical abuse). Each fan can have a targetted player so everyone does not go for the same player but its basically a free for all so if all fans want to go and slap Baxter or boot Collins, they can do.

Made me feel better just imagining me shooing some of them up the rear.

It's is similar to my idea of getting the players who are outside the first team squad and just drawing a wage and going through the motions a nice shiny new clocking in machine, and getting them in at 6am every morning and getting them to a 12 hour shift every day full of mundane tasks like cleaning the stands, cleaning the ground, painting and all manner of tasks that are beneath them.

I have to get up at stupid o'clock and do long hours to earn my living, so why shouldn't they?

On reading your title, my immediate thought was 'hell', however I don't think you are far out with your assessments. A thoroughly depressing read in many ways.

There is a lot of unfair comment on here about certain players in this bloated under performing squad of ours. But the most concerning fact of all is that 3 out 5 of Adkins new additions are probably the worst of the fucking lot, with a big question mark over the 4th.

No one seeing a one year extension for Collins!?
As 'back-up'...?
Dare I say.. if we are still in League One, give him another year.

How many goals has he directly contributed to us conceding?
Hear people saying we are too ambitious in our transfer targets, and should target seasoned league One players, well Collins is such a player.

Always fully committed, limited in some areas, but a whole hearted player, who cares about the club, and has pride in the shirt.

Neil Collins is a decent League One centre half.

There, I`ve said it :cool:

---

George Long -

---

Mark Howard -

---

Neill Collins -

---

Bob Harris -

---

Jay McEveley -

---

Harrison McGahey -

---

David Edgar -

---

Kieron Freeman -

---

Callum McFadzean -

---

Terry Kennedy -

---

James Wallace -

---

Ryan Flynn -

---

Dean Hammond

---

Florent Cuvellier

---

Jose Baxter -

---

Stefan Scougall

---

Connor Sammon

---

Jamal Campbell Ryce

---

Diego Di Girolamo

---

Marc McNulty

---

Missed anyone?

Deadbat, you are one of a handful of posters on this forum whose posts I always read and always agree with - what your analysis above does prove is that our recruitment & selection policy over the past 3 / 4 years has and continues to be amateurish.

A complete lack of a coherent transfer policy coupled with poor returns from the academy process and (of course not forgetting) continual sales of our best talent, has directly lead to our current predicament.

The club at present is moribund, owners, management & players all having differing agendas, I personally fear that should this impass continue then the club is only destined for further downward transition - Div 4

Hopefully the lot of the cunts will end up on minimum wage cleaning shit off bog seats or on a production line - it's all they deserve for what they've put us through! I very much doubt anyone would be stupid enough to give the perennial failures contracts - except maybe us!!!!!

Hopefully the lot of the cunts will end up on minimum wage cleaning shit off bog seats or on a production line - it's all they deserve for what they've put us through! I very much doubt anyone would be stupid enough to give the perennial failures contracts - except maybe us!!!!!
Your goodwill towards fellow human beings constantly astounds me....

Unfortunately I don't think we'll release nearly as many as people think/hope. It would be bold and decisive in a way totally out of keeping with what we've seen from our board and from Adkins so far.

I also think there would be concerns about having a meaningful pre-season if we've got a tiny squad (I'm assuming we don't have 10 signings all lined up and ready to go when the players report back).

We've had numerous chances for clear-outs (not on this scale admittedly) and haven't taken them.

Interesting snippet from Alex Ferguson's latest book regarding some advice he got from Jimmy Sirrell - "He told me never to let all the players' contracts to expire around the same time because it allows them to collude against the manager and the club".

Back to the OP, wouldn't be surprised to see a couple go back to Blackpool (Howard and McGahey).

Back
Top Bottom