Where we're at

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

grafikhaus

Kraft durch Freude
Reaction score
It really shouldn't be a surprise that we're in turmoil. We've had a revolving door of managers for a few years who have all come in with their own ideas. The result? An endless 'churn' of playing staff without any chance of a settled side. Wilder is the latest 'drowning not waving' candidate who changes his mind on a game-to-game basis. Freeman and Coutts? One week, 'not good enough'. Now he sees these two as the way forward.

It really isn't rocket science. We're now at the stage where we've got used to this level of football and you'd have to be blind not to see who stands out for the opposition, but we dither until these players suddenly move to rivals or become financially unavailable to us. I'm thinking Clucas and Morsey. Rob Jones when he was a rock at the Lane for Donnie. Have we nobody at the club capable of spotting talent when they see it?

Some fans don't help. On the one hand they're saying 'Give Wilder more time'. Then, in the same breath it would seem that four games is more than enough evidence that Sharp is not up to it and must go.

We're also hearing that 'Wigan and Barnsley last season had poor starts, but look at where they finished.' The major difference is that they kept hold of their better players and bought wisely with players that would complement and reinforce the team they already had. This thinking is a million miles from the shambles we've got at United. We flog anything that isn't useless and keep repeating the same mistakes.

We were (mostly) worried about Long. But I thought the way Wilder handled his exit was both cruel and bullying.

It really shouldn't be a surprise that we're in turmoil. We've had a revolving door of managers for a few years who have all come in with their own ideas. The result? An endless 'churn' of playing staff without any chance of a settled side. Wilder is the latest 'drowning not waving' candidate who changes his mind on a game-to-game basis. Freeman and Coutts? One week, 'not good enough'. Now he sees these two as the way forward.

It really isn't rocket science. We're now at the stage where we've got used to this level of football and you'd have to be blind not to see who stands out for the opposition, but we dither until these players suddenly move to rivals or become financially unavailable to us. I'm thinking Clucas and Morsey. Rob Jones when he was a rock at the Lane for Donnie. Have we nobody at the club capable of spotting talent when they see it?

Some fans don't help. On the one hand they're saying 'Give Wilder more time'. Then, in the same breath it would seem that four games is more than enough evidence that Sharp is not up to it and must go.

We're also hearing that 'Wigan and Barnsley last season had poor starts, but look at where they finished.' The major difference is that they kept hold of their better players and bought wisely with players that would complement and reinforce the team they already had. This thinking is a million miles from the shambles we've got at United. We flog anything that isn't useless and keep repeating the same mistakes.

At least our fans are harmonious and not offering each other fights :-/

We were (mostly) worried about Long. But I thought the way Wilder handled his exit was both cruel and bullying.
I was a critic of Long - on here but never booed him. I am pleased we have Moore but I agree that the way Wilder dealt with the situation (over Long not being required) was despicable: he is clearly under huge pressure and can only pass it on. He will lose the entire dressing room quicker than Jack Robinson.
UTB
UTB

dont agree its a revolving door problem
its just mccabe picked poorly

no use persisting with dross, but we must allow some time just now for a seas change in our squad
weve lost badly once
all down to individual errors , we can ,must improve in this regard

We've sold Long and signed Jack Robinson? WTF?

...or Wilder put his faith in Long, gave him a new contract as no.1 at BDTBL and Long let him down with his performances..?

I supported Long being given a new contract and staking his claim for the no.1 shirt...thought he'd get better and grasp the opportunity with both hands (cough)

I was wrong.

Just read your post 3 times , after thinking what the fuck his he on about .

Actually sorting out the wheat from the chaff , PR , bull shit . We are to me in big trouble , manger , player , financial , scouting , recruitment wise , a bigger mess under Wilder.

With regards Long . We employ over 900 staff . If how Long is being treated in a big PLC , the HR department would be involved.

Wilder either has a hidden agenda or vendetta with Long . ( before anybody jumps on me Long did need replacing ) . Wilder man management on this one has been shite . He is Wilder not fucking Pep .

Wilder has been in the management game a long long time . Do we now know why no club higher than League 2 have ever given him a chance . Perhaps they see something that as usual , we cannot see the wood for the trees.

Wilder , club , player , our help , need to get the act together . Forget Barnsley , Wigan , think Doncaster .

If we cannot get players in August , who is to say the same won't be the same in January .

UTB.

I was in the "give Long a chance" section but after the jeering and abuse he's been getting the ONLY thing Wilder could do was get him out of the firing line for a time and get someone else in, which he has done.

There are many problems to face moving forwards but one of the biggest now is how the fuck do you persuade decent players to join when there is such turmoil both on and off the pitch?

I don't believe that the squad is really as bad as it has (mostly) played to date but FFS CW, just sort it out and find a better formation and tactics!

Wilder either has a hidden agenda or vendetta with Long . ( before anybody jumps on me Long did need replacing ) . Wilder man management on this one has been shite . He is Wilder not fucking Pep .

Has Long stopped getting paid? Has he been told to empty his locker and bugger off? Has he been told to train with the under 12's? Has he been humiliated in public by Wilder?

Or has he simply been replaced in the team after four dreadful performances?

PS Pep Guardiola has just done exactly the same but as he's a top Premier manager you imply that it all OK.

dont agree its a revolving door problem
its just mccabe picked poorly

no use persisting with dross, but we must allow some time just now for a seas change in our squad
weve lost badly once
all down to individual errors , we can ,must improve in this regard

Post Clough, which of the multiple promotion winning candidates did he choose badly, and what gems of wisdom, picked up by our "knowledgable" fanbase before the event, did he miss? Was it the laughable analysis that these promotions were down to luck, or that their knowledge was no longer relevant after 2 years? There's a good number on here that offered up these fucking ridiculous notions.

It couldn't be the simpler fact that we hound managers out far too quickly, because that would make you part of the problem?

UTB

Post Clough, which of the multiple promotion winning candidates did he choose badly, and what gems of wisdom, picked up by our "knowledgable" fanbase before the event, did he miss? Was it the laughable analysis that these were down to luck, or that the knowledge was no longer relevant after 2 years? There's a good number on here that offered up these fucking ridiculous notions.

It couldn't be the simpler fact that we hound managers out far too quickly, because that would make you part of the problem?

UTB
most clubs change managers more often than the managers room light bulb

3 got us to play offs so had something about them
the fact that isnt enough does detract from they achieved a top 6 spot

barnsley changed 3 managers in a year and went up

theres no proof changing managers alters much these days
chelseas had 2 more than us in the last decade
won the cl and 3 titles
revolving door success

most clubs change managers more often than the managers room light bulb

3 got us to play offs so had something about them
the fact that isnt enough does detract from they achieved a top 6 spot

barnsley changed 3 managers in a year and went up

theres no proof changing managers alters much these days
chelseas had 2 more than us in the last decade
won the cl and 3 titles
revolving door success
So who would you have chosen, and why would you not have chosen Adkins? I presume you pointed it out at the time?

UTB

So who would you have chosen, and why would you not have chosen Adkins? I presume you pointed it out at the time?

UTB
I wasnt over excited about him , but his cv looked like he was reasonably capable
all managers are punts
Holloway , for eg , looked totally out of his depth at Leicester
then goes to Blackpool and fitted like a glove
its a mystery how given the top squad in the prem Ranieri failed with Chelsea
then took no hopers Leicester to the top

of course theres luck involved
Leicester were lucky 4 or 5 top clubs were in turmoil

hull stayed up just in the prem 3 times
all 3 with at least 3 points less than we got when we were relegated , thats Hull having great luck

Has Long stopped getting paid? Has he been told to empty his locker and bugger off? Has he been told to train with the under 12's? Has he been humiliated in public by Wilder?

Or has he simply been replaced in the team after four dreadful performances?

PS Pep Guardiola has just done exactly the same but as he's a top Premier manager you imply that it all OK.

I think he's referring to CW's comments in this article.
http://www.sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk...ve-if-he-wants-to-says-chris-wilder-1-8081267

No need for the comments for me. Long knows he's been shit, he knows he's been replaced and is now 2nd in line. Why does he need to publically state he can leave?

I'm not sure if the pressure of the job has got to Wilder after just 4 games!?! Rumours circulating about him wanting shut of Sharp too, I think he's losing the plot a bit.

This picture from that article looks weird...it looks like Long has got a forearm for a shin...:confused::confused::confused:
image.jpg

Just read your post 3 times , after thinking what the fuck his he on about .

Actually sorting out the wheat from the chaff , PR , bull shit . We are to me in big trouble , manger , player , financial , scouting , recruitment wise , a bigger mess under Wilder.

With regards Long . We employ over 900 staff . If how Long is being treated in a big PLC , the HR department would be involved.

Wilder has been in the management game a long long time . Do we now know why no club higher than League 2 have ever given him a chance . Perhaps they see something that as usual , we cannot see the wood for the trees.

Wilder , club , player , our help , need to get the act together . Forget Barnsley , Wigan , think Doncaster .

If we cannot get players in August , who is to say the same won't be the same in January .

UTB.

A little bird told me that Long was offered a very lucrative contract by Adkins and Wilder negotiated him down to an acceptable level on the basis he started. Hence the sudden quietness and bullshit around not wanting a new keeper about two weeks after he said he did.

Speaks volumes about our manager. I agree he needed replacing. I did not promise him anything though. cough Leon Clarke starting place cough.

Well you nailed me there. I'm that confused about what's going on I'll believe what I've been told about what a 'bloke in a pub' said.

At least our fans are harmonious and not offering each other fights :-/

Unacceptable if true. Tell me who did that and I'll smash their face in.

.... Why does he need to publically state he can leave?

Derrrrr, that's so obvious, if someone wants to buy him they can offer a reyt low price cause even our manager has suggested he's shit and can leave. It's how we negotiate from a position of strength. ;)

'The way he dealt with Long was cruel and bullying' really?!

It would have been cruel to leave him in the side, cruel on the player and on us. All Wilder has done is taken him out of the pressure cooker and told him to get his head straight. This had to be acknowledged publically because every man and his dog has been saying what a liability Long is for ages.

Dammed if you do, dammed if you don't I guess?

Back
Top Bottom