When was the last time.....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

bricktop

Reaction score
we scored 6, and when was the last we conceded 6?

We reliving the night we battered Spurs 6-0 at the Lane with a Spurs fan at work, and it got me thinking about when else we have scored 6 or conceded 6 recently.

From memory the last time we scored 6 was an emphatic 6-0 win over West Brom very early on in the reign of Warnock

The last time we conceded 6 was at Arsenal in the League Cup some time around 2008-2009 under Blacky

10 is the number of both our record win and defeat.
Won 10 - 0 at Port Vale. And 10-0 at home v Burnley.
Lost 10-3 at The Smoggies.

I'd check but Statto appears to be down.

And yes I remember beating West Brom by around that margin in one of Warnock's first matches.

Beat Chester at home 6-0 (or 6-1) both Deane and Agana got hattricks, think we scored 14 goals in 3 games with that the middle one of the 3, game after was away at Brentford when we won 4-1 (I think) and Simon Webster never gave their central midfielder a kick, a certain Mr Bob Booker

The last time we scored 6 goals in any capacity was when we beat Lincoln City 6-1 in the League Cup in (I think) August 2000.
The tonking of WBA came in February of the same year.

Beat Chester at home 6-0 (or 6-1) both Deane and Agana got hattricks, think we scored 14 goals in 3 games with that the middle one of the 3, game after was away at Brentford when we won 4-1 (I think) and Simon Webster never gave their central midfielder a kick, a certain Mr Bob Booker

Remember both the Chester home game and the trip to Brentford. Our coach broke down on th r M1 then again in London. Finally packed in completely about a mile from the ground. Got in just after half time when I think we were 3-1 up.
They put an announcement over the tannoy that we should return to the coach and wait. We did and around 11pm we got a replacement.
Fortunately it was parked outside of a pub!.
Credit to Brentford, they only charged us half price (£2!).
Great memories of Deane and Agana that season. Have we had as good front two since?.

Remember beating Orient 6-3 at the Lane. Tom Heffernan in full effect bombing down the wing for one of the goals. Also losing 6-1 at Blackburn with Keith Edwards scoring the Blades solitary goal with the travelling contingent celebrating like we'd won the cup. I think it was a landmark goal his 200th in league football or something similar.

Marcus Bent scored a hat trick in the West Brom game. Everything he touched seemed to go in round about that time.

Who'd have thought he'd still be reaching dizzying highs these days, albeit at Chessington world of adventures.

Back
Top Bottom