What's the worse that could happen?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Blade56

Yer avin a laff
Reaction score
now I walk in the shadow of the Valley of Death
Dont you just hate it when it's going this bad? Do you believe in jinxing things happening?

I look back after the start of every season in recent years and wonder how I thought a few weeks ago I could not see us loosing a single game all season. Then we start playing, and loosing games and our best players. Then I think, if I'd have said this would happen again everyone on here and in the family would have been saying you're negative, a slasher etc.

I'm a crap gambler and always pick the wrong outcome so generally never bet. On that basis to influence fate to make sure we stayed up I went to the bookies window behind John Street stand when we played Wigan on the last day of the PL and said tenner on us getting religated. Lad says I've not got any odds for that, no ones asked for that bet. I'll ring and get a price. 8:1 I got. And I bloody won and for the first time in my life had to go into a bookies shop (didn't know you couldn't collect at the ground).

So let's tempt fate and reduce the odds of it happening. What's the worse that could happen?

I'll start .........We lose in the play off final, again.

Dont you just hate it when it's going this bad? Do you believe in jinxing things happening?

I look back after the start of every season in recent years and wonder how I thought a few weeks ago I could not see us loosing a single game all season. Then we start playing, and loosing games and our best players. Then I think, if I'd have said this would happen again everyone on here and in the family would have been saying you're negative, a slasher etc.

I'm a crap gambler and always pick the wrong outcome so generally never bet. On that basis to influence fate to make sure we stayed up I went to the bookies window behind John Street stand when we played Wigan on the last day of the PL and said tenner on us getting religated. Lad says I've not got any odds for that, no ones asked for that bet. I'll ring and get a price. 8:1 I got. And I bloody won and for the first time in my life had to go into a bookies shop (didn't know you couldn't collect at the ground).

So let's tempt fate and reduce the odds of it happening. What's the worse that could happen?

We lose in the play off final, again.

They don't do relegation play off finals anymore . Let's not kid ourselves , the worst that could happen is Wilder gets us relegated . A clearer picture will be after the magic figure of 10 games . It's after that Wilder and the club will no doubt reappraise the situation. Back to stick or twist . The positive , Wilder would not hang around for compensation , too much pride .

None of us just have no idea how this season will pan out . The only agreement it's a results driven business and expectations are again high .

No, its extinction of the club.
Extinction is actually the best thing , better than watching something I love dying slowly.
Once extinct and replaced by Chinese apartments , I will be relieved of my agony.
The worst thing is that we continue to deteriorate slowly for the rest of my life.
Whilst the rusty tuna can dwellers establish themselves in the Prem.
At that point , it would be better for my mental and emotional health if we simply disappeared.
And I could retire to the coast without worrying about being too far from the Lane.

Hard to imagine a worse, yet entirely believable, outcome than United struggling into a automatic spot against all the odds on the last day of the season and then being deducted 90 points for failing to a fax through the registration of the West Ham loanee entirely responsible for our success.

Meanwhile the pigs, having already been promoted in April, win the cup and McCabe fucks up some American property deals so badly the he's forced to contribute Bramall Lane to the Donald Trump early retirement settlement.

We sack another manager by October.
Blackwell returns.
Relegated....McCabe is all but lynched so walks away.
Debts called in, board split nobody to bail us out so club reforms and plays its home games at Rotherham while we find a new ground, starting off in tier 10 of English football.

Meanwhile, that shower of shit and thieves from other side of the city prosper from their years of fiddling the tax man, the charities and the banks to get them in the premier league.

Now that's my worst that can happen. So I will settle for 20th now and starting next season in a position of stability in the hope we can start moving forwards. I don think we have bottomed out yet....I hope us bottoming out is 20th this season!

Extinction is actually the best thing , better than watching something I love dying slowly.
Once extinct and replaced by Chinese apartments , I will be relieved of my agony.
The worst thing is that we continue to deteriorate slowly for the rest of my life.
Whilst the rusty tuna can dwellers establish themselves in the Prem.
At that point , it would be better for my mental and emotional health if we simply disappeared.
And I could retire to the coast without worrying about being too far from the Lane.
Moving to the coast not the answer pal! I did that and you still can't get them out of your system.
Stick with it pal, as I mentioned in a previous post I've had over half a century of it through all 4 divisions. The saving grace for me is that I've managed to see them in the premier with my grandson and taken him to Wembley. Such is the roller coaster of a lifetime being a Blade.

1. We struggle all season, finishing below mid table, possibly lower
2. Gates fall to 12k by March
3. Wilder stays on throughout, manfully trying to conjur more than ten wins all season with a team full of triers and battlers, but really people who are no better than semi-pro level. At rounders.
4. Sharp sold to Preston in JTW for undisclosed, but around 400k (200k up front). Makes five appearances for them all season and scores one goal. Decides to retire. Why not, eh? Easy life, this footballery thing.
5. No incoming players in JTW. Wilder claims he was unaware there was such a thing as a Transfer Window in January
6. Clarke gets nine goals all season. Two of these are own goals
7. Brayford goes to Burton. Contract terminated by mutual consent with vestigial compensation from Burton. Turns out it's a signed copy of Nige's dad's autobiography. It's signed by Nigel.
8. McCabe stays throughout, Speaks to Youtube in February to silence critics about lack of JTW movement. Talks about the pitch and how well it's looking.
9. Prince seen nowhere near BDTBL all season. Rumours he has written off his money and wants out, and now wants to be known as Susan
10. Wilder sacked in May. Rumours are that Keith Curle to be appointed as new manager. Five players released, including Clarke. Clarke doesn't want to go. He likes it at Bramall Lane. He's retiring soon, you see ...
11. Come June, absolute silence. Board 'working hard' on new managerial appt. McCabe spotted on holiday in Curacao. With President Donald Trump and Kim Jong Un.
12. Leaked information that 'major investments' inbound for Bramall Lane, to return United to Championship
13. Rumours Warnock has patched up differences with McCabe. Sunjihai reports he is in talks about return.
13. Season tickets announced next day. Website breaks down.
14. 20k season tickets sold.
15. Mickey Adams seen at Bramall Lane. Announced as new manager next day.
16. Summer Transfer Window. Massive gaps in squad. Two Barry Oddnobs arrive. They are both left backs. One is injured. One is wearing a fucking SYP ankle bracelet
17. Preseason friendlies: Mosborough 3 1 SUFC. Hallamshire Celtic U12s 5 0 SUFC. Brunsmeer Juniors 0 0 SUFC. Adams says he is 'experimenting'. United only have 15 players. LB goes back to jail for raping a cat.
18 STW ends. United try to sign Lee Scrotal from Falaraki FC and Wendy Tampon from Atkinsons, (but she has to work on a Saturday so can't meet transfer demands)

... and the band plays on ...

pommpey

I'll start .........We lose in the play off final, again.

That will be Lge 2 playoff final in 2020?

I'd say either our failure to address global warming will cause the total meltdown of the polar ice cap leading to most of the UK being submerged, a deadly and uncontrollable virus, Trump becomes president and starts a global war or alien attack.

1. We struggle all season, finishing below mid table, possibly lower
2. Gates fall to 12k by March
3. Wilder stays on throughout, manfully trying to conjur more than ten wins all season with a team full of triers and battlers, but really people who are no better than semi-pro level. At rounders.
4. Sharp sold to Preston in JTW for undisclosed, but around 400k (200k up front). Makes five appearances for them all season and scores one goal. Decides to retire. Why not, eh? Easy life, this footballery thing.
5. No incoming players in JTW. Wilder claims he was unaware there was such a thing as a Transfer Window in January
6. Clarke gets nine goals all season. Two of these are own goals
7. Brayford goes to Burton. Contract terminated by mutual consent with vestigial compensation from Burton. Turns out it's a signed copy of Nige's dad's autobiography. It's signed by Nigel.
8. McCabe stays throughout, Speaks to Youtube in February to silence critics about lack of JTW movement. Talks about the pitch and how well it's looking.
9. Prince seen nowhere near BDTBL all season. Rumours he has written off his money and wants out, and now wants to be known as Susan
10. Wilder sacked in May. Rumours are that Keith Curle to be appointed as new manager. Five players released, including Clarke. Clarke doesn't want to go. He likes it at Bramall Lane. He's retiring soon, you see ...
11. Come June, absolute silence. Board 'working hard' on new managerial appt. McCabe spotted on holiday in Curacao. With President Donald Trump and Kim Jong Un.
12. Leaked information that 'major investments' inbound for Bramall Lane, to return United to Championship
13. Rumours Warnock has patched up differences with McCabe. Sunjihai reports he is in talks about return.
13. Season tickets announced next day. Website breaks down.
14. 20k season tickets sold.
15. Mickey Adams seen at Bramall Lane. Announced as new manager next day.
16. Summer Transfer Window. Massive gaps in squad. Two Barry Oddnobs arrive. They are both left backs. One is injured. One is wearing a fucking SYP ankle bracelet
17. Preseason friendlies: Mosborough 3 1 SUFC. Hallamshire Celtic U12s 5 0 SUFC. Brunsmeer Juniors 0 0 SUFC. Adams says he is 'experimenting'. United only have 15 players. LB goes back to jail for raping a cat.
18 STW ends. United try to sign Lee Scrotal from Falaraki FC and Wendy Tampon from Atkinsons, (but she has to work on a Saturday so can't meet transfer demands)

... and the band plays on ...

pommpey

Fuckin clappers on here, honestly!

Back
Top Bottom