whats the longest distanceyou have travelled to watch the blades

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

bladestrivia

Reaction score
me plymouth 1980, lost 4 nil mike trusson scored a couple and then signed for the blades good player by the way,kenworthy missed a penalty and we missed the last bus home ,used to travel with the sportsman and they used to have a raffle 1st prize free trip to any away game only went and picked my own ticket out , season after brother in law won it so we went to exeter

I'm guessing anybody that attended the Piacenza game in 1994 wins? For competitive games anyway.

We toured Malta which is a little further.

My personal distance is ~300m to watch us play Raith Rovers

me plymouth 1980, lost 4 nil mike trusson scored a couple and then signed for the blades good player by the way,kenworthy missed a penalty and we missed the last bus home ,used to travel with the sportsman and they used to have a raffle 1st prize free trip to any away game only went and picked my own ticket out , season after brother in law won it so we went to exeter

In this season I will travell with my son 9,200 miles for all the home games which takes 11 hours with stops every game. we also travel to away games, Bristol will be 700 miles this will be overnight stay as its a 13 hour round trip. i will add up this season all miles, time and expense it costs for a full season to support Blades. I do get some perks, all mid week games I plan my work to be where the Blades are playing, and I get free hotel rooms and cheap petrol so this helps. It is great to travel with my son, I get a full day with him every week hes 25 and it makes all the travelling worth while.

My best mate 'Tokyo Blade' covers a few miles when he gets over for a couple of games!

In this season I will travell with my son 9,200 miles for all the home games which takes 11 hours with stops every game. we also travel to away games, Bristol will be 700 miles this will be overnight stay as its a 13 hour round trip. i will add up this season all miles, time and expense it costs for a full season to support Blades. I do get some perks, all mid week games I plan my work to be where the Blades are playing, and I get free hotel rooms and cheap petrol so this helps. It is great to travel with my son, I get a full day with him every week hes 25 and it makes all the travelling worth while.

Wow, commitment.

I think there are a few ST holders in Europe. I know a lad from Germany who travels over regularly for games.

Furthest been was Southend.

Had a mate who used to live bang opposite kop on Shoreham St and once watched us live on TV in cup v Villa, when Yorke scored that Panenka penalty, at his house. Was weird, we bought a programme outside and watched the game in his living room and there was about a 3 second delay between the cheers you could hear outside and the broadcast.

When we played that other team from Sheffield at Wembley in 93, my uncle flew in from Hong Kong, watched the match and then flew home again the next day.....now that's got to take some beating surely.

Furthest been was Southend.

Had a mate who used to live bang opposite kop on Shoreham St and once watched us live on TV in cup v Villa, when Yorke scored that Panenka penalty, at his house.

What? Did Yorke pop round to your mate's house to practice his pens before the game or summat?!!

Rotterdam. Flew from Cardiff to Amsterdam then next day the train to Rotterdam.

Southampton, or Portsmouth, not sure which is furthest away and Carlisle Up north, I think that just beats Newcastle.

For me it is about 1600 miles. I flew back to England for the play off final with Wolves at Cardiff in 2003. I was living abroad at the time.

Yes I came back just for that one game. Over 3000 miles round trip, and it cost me more to attend that game than it cost for my season ticket.

And wiould i do it again?

Yes - but fortunately live in Sheffield again now.

Earth. It's a different planet up here in Scotland. The locals are unintelligible, some dress strangely, they have a thing called the Tartan Army which hasn't been in action for decades and the national drink is some fizzy pop that's coloured orange.

A journey to see the Blades is literally like entering another world. :)

Wow, commitment.

I think there are a few ST holders in Europe. I know a lad from Germany who travels over regularly for games.

That's commitment. There's another Blade, I think he goes to every match and travels from Belgium every time. He must spend a fortune following the Blades. Not sure if anyone appreciates him though.

That's commitment. There's another Blade, I think he goes to every match and travels from Belgium every time. He must spend a fortune following the Blades. Not sure if anyone appreciates him though.
He bought a private jet with the tevez money

Trinidad and Tobago.

Post season jaunt in Warnock's first year.

Pommpey managed to drop by in I think Tobago if I'm not mistaken.

Back
Top Bottom