What's Happened to the Beast?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Mad Mick

Reaction score
SUFC will be hosting Redfest which will include The Chaser's v The Eggheads. The Chaser's team is Shaun Wallace, Jenny Ryan and Paul Sinha. Surprised there is no Mark Labbett who is a well known Blade. I can only assume he has other commitments. I think he also does The Chase in the US.

Surprised there is no Mark Labbett who is a well known Blade. I can only assume he has other commitments. I think he also does The Chase in the US.
Is that where he goes to hone his body into full on quiz intimidating shape?

CJ from Eggheads killed him and threw him into a canal.

CJ was the English Chess Federation president at the time I was watching the ECF championships at Ponds Forge in August 2011. On the last day he wore the t shirt seen in the photo below. One of the organisers asked him to wear something over the T shirt when presenting prizes to the schoolchildren. CJ refused to "hide" his T shirt and then offered his resignation!

Chess_193938k.jpg

Have played regularly since 1983. You play chess too?

I was the best Chess player at school, and a member of the school Chess club. Not played for years, but surely there must be a Chess app somewhere where I can have a crack online.

Teaching Brownie Jnr how to play Chess is on my to do list as well.

I was the best Chess player at school, and a member of the school Chess club. Not played for years, but surely there must be a Chess app somewhere where I can have a crack online.

If you are thinking of playing for a club, see link below. Brownie Jnr could play for SASCA (Sheffield All Schools Chess Association) who play their home matches at Handsworth Christian school

http://sheffieldchess.btck.co.uk/201617Season

Have played regularly since 1983. You play chess too?
Played regularly up to about 15 years ago. Used to play a lot of congress's. When I lived in Sheffield I played for B&J. If you live in Sheffield you'll know a lot of my chess mates. :)
I nearly went to Scarborough this year, but don't play just go for the craic and the beer. :)

Played regularly up to about 15 years ago. Used to play a lot of congress's. When I lived in Sheffield I played for B&J. If you live in Sheffield you'll know a lot of my chess mates. :)
I nearly went to Scarborough this year, but don't play just go for the craic and the beer. :)
Oh yes, I remember B & J that played their home matches at the Jordanthorpe Community centre. The club have changed their name to Woodseats (they play at Red Lion in London Road). Bill Ward (suffered a stroke about 6 years ago) still plays, his wife used to play. I have not seen the Stewart brothers for years. Carl Walker too and the Fletchers

CJ was the English Chess Federation president at the time I was watching the ECF championships at Ponds Forge in August 2011. On the last day he wore the t shirt seen in the photo below. One of the organisers asked him to wear something over the T shirt when presenting prizes to the schoolchildren. CJ refused to "hide" his T shirt and then offered his resignation!

Chess_193938k.jpg
Is CJ gay then or just some other people?;)

Oh yes, I remember B & J that played their home matches at the Jordanthorpe Community centre. The club have changed their name to Woodseats (they play at Red Lion in London Road). Bill Ward (suffered a stroke about 6 years ago) still plays, his wife used to play. I have not seen the Stewart brothers for years. Carl Walker too and the Fletchers
Yep Bill went to Scarborough with a few others. Nicola hasn't played for years. They run a pet shop in Sheffield. Your going back a bit with the Stewart brothers. Andy Lee is a big Blade and often attends matches, you must know him?

Yep Bill went to Scarborough with a few others. Nicola hasn't played for years. They run a pet shop in Sheffield. Your going back a bit with the Stewart brothers. Andy Lee is a big Blade and often attends matches, you must know him?
Yes, Andy Lee is a good player. I probably know you!

I was my school chess champion too.

Finally we have something in common, unless you think that I'm an all round good bloke, in which case we've had it for a while ;)

Played chess for my school, Sheffield and South Yorkshire back in the day. Our old headmaster at Shooters Grove Junior school was chess mad and we we had a big chess club. Used to play in the yearly individual tournaments (got to the last 4 one year) but I must admit I haven't played in years. Most people I know wouldn't know a pawn from a bishop

Back
Top Bottom