What would you play!!!! TOMORROW

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Having no Flynn is criminal.

Howard

Brayford - Basham - Mceveley - Bob

Reed
Coutts Baxter

Flynn Murphy
McNulty

I know people want Higdon up top but McNulty needs a good run of games just because he didn't do much against Tottenham doesn't warrant dropping for me.

Howard

Brayford Basham (C) Mceverley Harris

Coutts

Reed Baxter

Murphy Adams

Mcnulty

Sorry but life without Doyle is the way forward!!!!!
Don't know much about coutts but from what I've heard that looks a reyt side!

Having no Flynn is criminal.

Howard

Brayford - Basham - Mceveley - Bob

Reed
Coutts Baxter

Flynn Murphy
McNulty

I know people want Higdon up top but McNulty needs a good run of games just because he didn't do much against Tottenham doesn't warrant dropping for me.
I'd rather JCR up there than Flynn, we've seen Jam in advanced positions and he can be dangerous and I feel that Flynn would be in more of a defensive frame of mind because of recently

I'd rather JCR up there than Flynn, we've seen Jam in advanced positions and he can be dangerous and I feel that Flynn would be in more of a defensive frame of mind because of recently
True but he's probably been one of our better players recently doesn't warrant dropping IMO.

Harsh on Scoogs too who was very good the other night even if he's not been at his best this season.

I'd go:

Howard

Brayford Bash McEv Bob

Doyle

Reed --- Scoogs

Flynn ----------------- Murphy

McNulty​

But good grief, it was hard to pick who to drop. We have crazy depth in midfield.

Think we need the dirty stuff doing in midfield still. Not sure if Reed or Baxter can do it.

I don't think Adams will start regardless of the other night. JCR will come back in, Flynn will get a rest for Brayford and we'll probably get a look at Coutts. I'd like McNulty to start, he struggled vs Spurs but he strikes me as the kind of character who will be itching to put that right and grab a few goals.

I'm wondering also if we might see Freeman at left back. Harris put in an almighty shift the other night.

Howard
Brayford Basham JMac Bob

Doyle Reed
JCR/Flynn Scoogs Murphy

McNulty/Higdon
Doyle gives us the defensive midfield cover, Reed can start from a deeper poisiton and moving forward when opportunity arises. He gives us that long ball mentality from a deeper position too.

Wingers starting from the middle of the pitch gives us good wide defensive cover when they get back and contribute (even more effective with Flynn).

Scoogs typically being the one supplying our man up top but also getting up and playing off the front man when threatening.

Couldn't decide on a lone striker but I see Higdon being more suited if he performs as he did on Wednesday, especially with scoogs getting up and feeding him/playing off him.

Unless there's been some huge change in the past 24 hours, the same team I posted in an identical thread yesterday

Howard Brayford Basham Kennedy Harris Flynn Reed Coutts Murphy Higdon Mcnulty 4-4-2

Considering the game on Tuesday I'd probably try to get as many cup-tied players, who are good enough, into the team so would be looking to play Brayford, Coutts, Wallace and Adams, giving Flynn (especially with his Achilles), Harris (who looked knackered on Wednesday) and one of Murphy/JCR a rest for Tuesday (probably Murphy as he played the full 90 on Wednesday. I'd therefore go with:

Howard
Brayford, Basham, McEverly, Freeman
Coutts
Reed Baxter
JCR Adams
McNulty
I'd then look to start Higdon and Deigo up top again against Preston with Doyle back in as it is likely to be more physical again.

it is interesting to see a few put Coutts in some sort of holding position - do you actually know where he plays or guessing?

According to the Derby fans he plays right side of midfield and formed quite a formidable partnership with Brayford.
Word on the street is Brayford made Coutts look better than he was with his marauding style, but as long s the partnership works, this may be our right side for a bit.
Seems we now have oddles of choice - Coutts, JCR, Flynn, Davis - even Murphy did well 2nd half v Spurs with Adams on the left.

Yet more dilemas for the manager and for fans on here to start even more posts................

UTB

Harsh on Scoogs too who was very good the other night even if he's not been at his best this season.

I'd go:

Howard

Brayford Bash McEv Bob

Doyle

Reed --- Scoogs

McNulty​

But good grief, it was hard to pick who to drop. We have crazy depth in midfield.

Think we need the dirty stuff doing in midfield still. Not sure if Reed or Baxter can do it.
It would be really unfair to drop scoogs or flynn really.
It's new player syndrome I know but half of us picking coutts haven't even seen him play.
To completely contradict myself we might need Doyle looking at all the offensive and lightweight midfielders currently pushing for a place.

it is interesting to see a few put Coutts in some sort of holding position - do you actually know where he plays or guessing?

According to the Derby fans he plays right side of midfield and formed quite a formidable partnership with Brayford.
Word on the street is Brayford made Coutts look better than he was with his marauding style, but as long s the partnership works, this may be our right side for a bit.
Seems we now have oddles of choice - Coutts, JCR, Flynn, Davis - even Murphy did well 2nd half v Spurs with Adams on the left.

Yet more dilemas for the manager and for fans on here to start even more posts................

UTB

Coutts is a central midfielder. He did well for NC at RM but that was in a Derby team full of riches in the centre. He's six feet tall, athletic and powerful. NC said some time ago that a 'defensive midfielder' (I don't like that term myself) was a priority and Ryan of Chezzy was one of a long list. Clearly Coutts was higher up that list.

I'm sure he's here to replace Michael Doyle.

Howard

Brayford Basham McEveley Harris

Flynn Doyle Reed Murphy

Scougall

McNulty.​

Wouldn't mind seeing the front 3 that finished against Spurs again

Howard

Coutts

Reed Scougall

Murphy Adams

Higdon​

Howard
Reed Doyle
Flynn Scougall Murphy
Baxter

Bench: Turner, Freeman, Coutts, JCR, Adams, Higdon, McNulty​

I'd go:

Howard

Brayford Bash McEv Bob

Doyle

Reed --- Scoogs

McNulty​

Houso, if Murphy or McNulty have a bad game, how does that team score a goal?

What I hope...
Howard
Brayford, Basham, McEveley, Harris
Reed, Coutts
JCR, Scougall, Murphy
McNulty

Bench: Turner, Alcock, Doyle, K. Wallace, Flynn, Adams, Higdon

What I think...

Howard
Brayford, Basham, McEveley, Harris
Doyle
Coutts, Scougall
JCR, Murphy
McNulty

Bench: Turner, Alcock, Reed, K.Wallace, Flynn, Adams, Higdon

I'm not even going to try and pick a team against Swindon.We propably have 2 shoe ins in Howard and Brayford,the rest can all be changed one way or another through tiredness or injuries.What i would say is whatever the bench is,it will propably look like the best a third tier side has ever seen.

Wouldn't mind seeing the front 3 that finished against Spurs again

Howard

Coutts

Reed Scougall

Murphy Adams

Higdon​

Shows the size of the squad when there is no place for JCR or Flynn.

I'm not even going to try and pick a team against Swindon.We propably have 2 shoe ins in Howard and Brayford,the rest can all be changed one way or another through tiredness or injuries.What i would say is whatever the bench is,it will propably look like the best a third tier side has ever seen.

You forget Lowton, Quinn, Evans?

My eleven:

Howard

Brayford Kennedy McEveley Harris

Flynn Basham Baxter Murphy

Higdon McNulty

Time to give Basham a run in midfield - one last chance. Preparation for the run-in.

No doubt Clough will play 4-5-1: Same back 4, add Doyle in midfield, no Higdon or maybe just a chance he'll rest McNulty.

Brayford

Just Brayford. That'll do, it's only fucking Swindon. Nothing will get past the Beard, and he'll be able to counterattack better than most.
3-0, two panicky own goals and a Brayford penalty.

Coutts is a central midfielder. He did well for NC at RM but that was in a Derby team full of riches in the centre. He's six feet tall, athletic and powerful. NC said some time ago that a 'defensive midfielder' (I don't like that term myself) was a priority and Ryan of Chezzy was one of a long list. Clearly Coutts was higher up that list.

I'm sure he's here to replace Michael Doyle.

If he is here to replace Doyle then in a way I'd be happy and sad. Think the majority have slagged Doyle off at some time since Adams signed him, but he has earned a lot of respect for how his game has picked up under Clough. Same applies to Flynn also, again, slagged off by many and as with Doyle justified at times.

Probably shows that Clough and his management team actually know what they are doing with players - and yes that is a dig at some on here.

Coutts apparently plays today, so we will see what plans Clough has for him.

UTB

If he is here to replace Doyle then in a way I'd be happy and sad. Think the majority have slagged Doyle off at some time since Adams signed him, but he has earned a lot of respect for how his game has picked up under Clough. Same applies to Flynn also, again, slagged off by many and as with Doyle justified at times.

Probably shows that Clough and his management team actually know what they are doing with players - and yes that is a dig at some on here.

Coutts apparently plays today, so we will see what plans Clough has for him.

UTB

Making plans by Nigel? I hope they include Jam! :)

Most of us full of renewed hope and enthusiasm after a great night in midweek. Really looking forward to seeing Coutts debut...and the other chap as well.

If we play anything near that second half level it will be more than enough to account for any team in this league or the next. But, as The Bard once said "there's the rub"....

Pretty sure Flynn and Harris won't play, they were fucked at the end of the Spurs game.

Think it'll be

---------------- Howard--------------------------

Brayford Basham Mceveley Freeman

----------------Baxter/Doyle---------------------

-----------Reed----------------Coutts

JCR------------------------------------ Murphy

------------------McNulty--------------------------

Back
Top Bottom