What type of midfielder is Reed going to be for us?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
Looking like Reed is going to be a bigger part of our team in the years to come however every time i have seen him play i can't pin him down to a certain role in midfield for us in the starting 11.

He has some great qualities and obvious talent and granted this is his first pro season so not fair to judge what player he is going to be but it is something that concerns me about his future with us in terms of being able to get in the team.

Clough likes to play 3 in midfield where will he play? his tackling is not good enough to play as the maestro staying back threading passes forward, seems like he could play the 10 role but not sure he would be our best player in that position over Holt and arguably Baxter, he could be a box to box midfielder but again will he be good enough to compete with wallace and basham next season?

Looking like Reed is going to be a bigger part of our team in the years to come however every time i have seen him play i can't pin him down to a certain role in midfield for us in the starting 11.

He has some great qualities and obvious talent and granted this is his first pro season so not fair to judge what player he is going to be but it is something that concerns me about his future with us in terms of being able to get in the team.

Clough likes to play 3 in midfield where will he play? his tackling is not good enough to play as the maestro staying back threading passes forward, seems like he could play the 10 role but not sure he would be our best player in that position over Holt and arguably Baxter, he could be a box to box midfielder but again will he be good enough to compete with wallace and basham next season?

We have unearthed a gem . Depending how we play him with match time , he will either go forward and become a great player ( and financial asset ) , or we will hinder his progress , to the point he may go back wards. Due to our season so far , i think sometimes we can put too much pressure on Reed , Adams and Kennedy , and the likes. Box to Box with Bash , and a another . . Wallace i feel will not get over his ongoing injuries , unfortunately,

Clough up to press has managed the young players well , but has put too much pressure on Kennedy , (more than others IMO ) for obvious reasons.

Good number of other young players also at the lane , coming through , who if good enough , will be old enough for first team experience.

UTB

A free role would suit him down to the ground if he is allowed to be deployed in that role, unfortunately we have this knack of getting rid of our gems too soon, sometimes not through fault of our own and this lad will certainly be a gem no matter how poor he was against Oldham. Be nice to see one of our own here for years to come.

It's not will he be good enough but will we be good enough for him to hang around?

Back
Top Bottom