what Ive learned from S24su

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

sitwell

Big member
Reaction score
Clough is racist and got rid of JCR because hes black.
Clough hates McNulty and subs him because he doesn't like him
He want us to be negative and lose
He is a non league manager despite managing higher than us for the past 5 years
He is negative despite playing both forwards .

Does he have alloys on his car ? Is he getting a cut from Holts appearance fee.
Its become so fucking childish on here after 1 defeat in 7 games and hes just been nominated for manager of the month.

Its become so fucking childish on here after 1 defeat in 7 games and hes just been nominated for manager of the month.

[BLADESMAD MODE ON] if you don't like it, you can always Fuck off to meadowhall ;)

Win on Saturday and everyone will be saying what a great manager he is and how good a he is doing.

What is with all the abuse he is receiving from the directors box? Seen a few tweets now about this from Linz & Foxy.

I think it is perfectly reasonable for fans to question Clough this season. The cup run apart it has been poor.

As for the comment about him managing at a higher level than us for 5 years, let's get this into context. The majority of Clough's managerial career has been in non-league. His one spell in the Championship with Derby included finishing 19th, 18th and 14th twice. He was then sacked. Derby then qualified for the play offs and are now 2nd.

Sitters, I noticed a doozy of a comment on last night's shoutbox which you must add to your list of extraordinary accusations.

Clough was pleased when Flynn got injured, it'll give Clough another reason to explain our poor form.
Something escapes me though, hadn't we just come off an unbeaten run? Or maybe that's just an inconsequential point when judged against this defeat?

I agree sitters, it's as if a small group drink from the same tap, and what they swallow addles their ability to consider that they might occasionally be wrong.

I think it is perfectly reasonable for fans to question Clough this season. The cup run apart it has been poor.

As for the comment about him managing at a higher level than us for 5 years, let's get this into context. The majority of Clough's managerial career has been in non-league. His one spell in the Championship with Derby included finishing 19th, 18th and 14th twice. He was then sacked. Derby then qualified for the play offs and are now 2nd.
your rants are quality ,if a player has a bad game he is a typical Clough signing ie: Coutts.
If a player plays well or doesn't play at all this is in spite of Clough ,and when Coutts hits form ,which he will ,that will be due to someone else or you will go into complete denial.I have more intelligent debates with my 10 year old daughter.

Sitters, I noticed a doozy of a comment on last night's shoutbox which you must add to your list of extraordinary accusations.

Clough was pleased when Flynn got injured, it'll give Clough another reason to explain our poor form.
Something escapes me though, hadn't we just come off an unbeaten run? Or maybe that's just an inconsequential point when judged against this defeat?

I agree sitters, it's as if a small group drink from the same tap, and what they swallow addles their ability to consider that they might occasionally be wrong.
I remember that ,Flynns injury did him a favour wasn't it :) I wonder who posted that ?

your rants are quality ,if a player has a bad game he is a typical Clough signing ie: Coutts.
If a player plays well or doesn't play at all this is in spite of Clough ,and when Coutts hits form ,which he will ,that will be due to someone else or you will go into complete denial.I have more intelligent debates with my 10 year old daughter.

I can only assume your daughter does all the talking

Actually it was 18th, 14th, 19th, 12th, 10th then 3rd with the team he had built.
Why would you want to exclude the two great cup runs and last year's results when judging how well Clough is doing?

Win on Saturday and everyone will be saying what a great manager he is and how good a he is doing.

No, I wont. Said it all along this season he's not good enough or we would be where Bristol are in this piss poor league, 10 points clear at the top

i'm not usually one to knock the team but this result has really pissed me off. i think it has finally sunk in that we are not going to get an auto spot.. no matter how optimistic you are. maybe you realised this months ago but i was of the misguided opinion that we might still make it.. i think a lot of others feel the same. that is why there is so much negativity around 'this' particular result. in the light of events i think that is fair enough
as for the cups.. i don't give a fuck really
i was always of the opinion that if you football your way out of this league with skilful players then you are set up for the championship. i have revised this opinion over the last few months.. get some monsters in and hoof our way out of this crap is the best option.

Actually it was 18th, 14th, 19th, 12th, 10th then 3rd with the team he had built.
Why would you want to exclude the two great cup runs and last year's results when judging how well Clough is doing?

Derby were 14th when Clough was sacked. McClaren came in and then took them up to 3rd. I'm not sure you can give Clough the credit for that.

Last season Clough did well - the success built largely on lots of clean sheets and narrow wins - but after Weir, it was a big improvement.

This season he has gone even more negative and we no longer have the players to keep clean sheets. It's been dire to watch and doesn't produce the required results.

The cup runs were great - but don't make up for the poor league performances.

I doubt we will get promoted under Clough. Bit tired of people who can't take wins and defeats for what they are. Last night was shambolic and the win against Bristol City was amazing. Unfortunately if you look back at this season, the Bristol type results have been very rare and we lose too many games like last night to be taken seriously.

I still say Flynn should have been taken off, because that's 2 games in 3 days and probably his only consecutive games of the season. - Hamstring injuries happen to all types of athletes, from Olympic sprinters to ... The major factors in hamstring injuries are low levels of fitness and poor flexibility

Very poor management in my opinion

Derby were 14th when Clough was sacked. McClaren came in and then took them up to 3rd. I'm not sure you can give Clough the credit for that.

Last season Clough did well - the success built largely on lots of clean sheets and narrow wins - but after Weir, it was a big improvement.

This season he has gone even more negative and we no longer have the players to keep clean sheets. It's been dire to watch and doesn't produce the required results.

The cup runs were great - but don't make up for the poor league performances.

I can't get my head around this "cup runs" don't matter bit. It's been the most exciting part of following the Blades in all my years.

"Cup runs apart it's been poor."

Ok then, league form apart it's been great :) And we are fifth you know, not fifth bottom.

I love a good cup run. Sod promotion, let's have more cup runs. Yay, go underdogs..! :rolleyes:

That's like saying Davie Weir got us to 7th!

The facts are he has had one promotion in 13 years of management, with another one soon to be added to that abysmal record.
He had a proud record of abject failure in the Championship.

In fairness,why would you want to exclude his great cup record at Derby?
Is it because
He won just 5 matches FACUP/FLCUP in 5 years.
Going out 5 times in the first round out of 8 attempts.

Last edited:
What I've learnt is the league tables don't lie, for a club with the largest support, largest budget, and largest squad we are massively underachieving in league one. Last night finally put to bed any remote chance of us challenging for a top two spot, the next question is can we hold on to a play off spot. Like I said elsewhere if the manager's name wasn't Clough he would have been down the road weeks ago. I'd really like to see Clough succeed but he hasn't got the nicknames "negative" and "non league Nigel" for nothing, more and more fans are beginning to realise it isn't going to happen with Nigel. All we are getting is a re-run of the warnings from Derby fans who mostly don't give a toss that he is no longer their boss.

That's like saying Davie Weir got us to 7th! .

Not really. Clough completely rebuilt the squad when he took over from Weir.
Maclaren only had to make a couple of changes and tweaks to the team that Clough built.

It’s more akin to saying that Joe Fagan can't take all the credit for Liverpool winning the European Cup in the 80’s.
He was only able to do that because Shankly and Paisley had put the foundations in place.

Maclaren only had to make a couple of changes and tweaks to the team that Clough built.

It’s more akin to saying that Joe Fagan can't take all the credit for Liverpool winning the European Cup in the 80’s.
He was only able to do that because Shankly and Paisley had put the foundations in place.
depends on how much patience the board have nigel has brought in some quality players but as i said in an earlier post
the lack of physical presence and aggresion is costing us i accept we are a work in progress but i am baffled by clough,s failure to bring in some big and powerfull players bristol have got some giants in their team so have preston and many more
have too. we struggle all over the pitch for lack of height and the lose ball which this creates gives the opposition the upper hand in many situations,i am not asking for players to be dirty but last night was a typical example of power over finess we are losing out many times and opposition scouts pass this on to there clubs who then arm their players with it and many times we lose out in these battles.The one player who can compete with this kind of aggresion is kennedy and for a defender who is only 5 ft 10 lets the opposition know that he likes a battle unfortunately he has a bad knee which will stop him playing for a month and will have to be used sparingly when he is back ,clough likes him just a pity he cant find a few more like him.

What I've learned is that it is United's lot to be a play-off scrapping League One team and to believe we should be doing better means you're either an idiot or a pig fan.

Did Cloughy have to do as much rebuilding as he has done though? That's the question a lot of blades have and are asking. We have more squad players than an american football side, i'm still 100% behind him for now, the season isn't over just yet and the squad is getting fully tested as to how strong it actually is and whether or not he needed to bring this many players in. Only time will tell.

Leaving aside the utter nonsense of comparing a serial failure of a Championship manager with 3 of the very best in Europe.

McClaren ''tweak's'' were to being in 8 players in and only the goalie played in the same position as Cloughs last game in charge!
For the play off final McClaren '' tweaks'' to Clough's squad Wisdon, Thorne Bamford sub Dawkins sub
For the last game of last season, (Swindon) Clough's ''complete rebuild'' was to make 4 changes to Weirs squad Brayford, Sougall and Freeman. and Davies as Sub

Leaving aside the utter nonsense of comparing a serial failure of a Championship manager with 3 of the very best in Europe.

McClaren ''tweak's'' were to being in 8 players in and only the goalie played in the same position as Cloughs last game in charge!
For the play off final McClaren '' tweaks'' to Clough's squad Wisdon, Thorne Bamford sub Dawkins sub
For the last game of last season, (Swindon) Clough's ''complete rebuild'' was to make 4 changes to Weirs squad Brayford, Sougall and Freeman. and Davies as Sub

Weir’s last Blades team v Crawley :- Long, McMahon, Collins, Maguire, Lappin, Brandy, Cuvelier, Doyle, Hall, King, Baxter
Clough’s Last match of season v Coventry:- Howard, Brayford, Collins, Maguire, Freeman, Flynn, Scougall, Doyle, Coady, Murphy, Baxter

7 out of the starting 11 are different. I’d call that a fairly major “rebuild”.

I will take your word for it about Derby but Mclaren only changed 2 of the starting 11, I would call that a “tweak”.

Because as with so many if it doesn't suit his argument whe would he mention it?

Back
Top Bottom