What if?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

bertieblade

Reaction score
What if

HRH and McCabe agreed for McCabe to write off the debt in exchange for HRH putting a fixed amount of money in for a fixed period of time. Tick
HRH was to fund previously defined running costs. Tick
That subsequent to that time they were both to fund expenditure. Tick
In spite of the club making money from transfers and cup runs over the last two seasons, the mccabes have decided not to put any more money into the club. Tick
Jim Phipps recent statement on LinkedIn was the nearest he and HRH could go to putting pressure on McCabe without breaking the terms of the initial deal. Tick
In spite of mccabes previous good intentions, he is now not prepared to put any further money in as the club has no other assets to offset against his loans. Tick.
The club had incoming transfers lined up but McCabe caused the club to pull out of deals as he was not prepared to match HRH and provide relevant securities for the transfer dealings. Tick
Adkins was another manager who was promised a budget which was not delivered and subsequently had to change his team plans mid season. Tick.
What chances are of us becoming another Blackpool ????

Last edited:

If the above scenarios are true, you have to imagine things are coming to a head. There is no way things aren't happening behind the scenes to resolve this one way or another.

Can't think what escape clause there could be, as technically McCabe is sticking to the terms by the looks of it.

What if

HRH and McCabe agreed for McCabe to write off the debt in exchange for HRH putting a fixed amount of money in for a fixed period of time. Tick
In spite of the club making money from transfers and cup runs over the last two seasons, the mccabes have decided not to put any more money into the club. Tick
Jim Phipps recent statement on LinkedIn was the nearest he and HRH could go to putting pressure on McCabe without breaking the terms of the initial deal. Tick
In spite of mccabes previous good intentions, he is now not prepared to put any further money in as the club has no other assets to offset against his loans. Tick.
The club had incoming transfers lined up but McCabe caused the club to pull out of deals as he was not prepared to match HRH and provide relevant securities for the transfer dealings. Tick
Adkins was another manager who was promised a budget which was not delivered and subsequently had to change his team plans mid season. Tick.
I think you could become a good writer bertie (fiction) because you have a good imagination all of that is pure guesswork ,the prince and Mccabe have a contract,the details of it are pure guesswork,you may have guest right but I doubt it.Just because we fail to sign players in jtw
the reaction is they have fallen out,Phipps has quashed that so really you are calling him a liar?!!

The set-up at SUFC has been so intertwined with McCabe's business dealings over the years that 'letting go' is obviously proving very hard for the bloke.

Remember a year or so before the Prince came on the scene, McCabe stated that enough's enough and that he wasn't going to put any more money into the club and that he wanted 'out'

He's been true to his word but still hasn't found an acceptable escape route.

In the meantime he brought the Prince in who chucked a few quid at it with an eye to greater share of ownership on promotion..on failing to gain promotion the Prince is now probably thinking this is a bit of a one way street with an 'equal partner' not pulling his weight...an equal partner, who, due to his history with the club is probably a bit more equal than the Prince initially thought.

McCabe's main problem is that because of his physical, emotional and business commitment's to the club, his valuation of the club is not realistic.

If we take the Prince/Phipps at their word, they are still very committed to the club...if they weren't, I'd reckon they'd walk.

Hopefully we'll see this schizm resolved before summer...if not, then we are truly fucked.

P.S- Of course this is all speculation...Just because Phipps states there's no split at the top doesn't mean there are not big differences as to how to take the club forwards.

What if

Agree with your comments, particularly re Phipps's communique last week, appeared to me he was making a veiled attack on K Mc & alerting the fans of the score.

If we're making stuff up, how about when Princey did the deal, KM told him that it would cost about £5-10m to get us out of this league. The Prince naively based his business plan on this and the fact KM assured him he knew how to run a club, we'd been unlucky because of Ched and the recession etc and that with a decent investment going up would be a formality.

Now, the prince has spent the money he allocated for promotion and we're still in L1. So he's turned round and said 'you told me you knew what you're doing. You've had me over. If you want me to continue to fund the club, put your money where your mouth is and match my funding. If you're so confident you can get us up, back your judgement and ability and get your wallet out'.

And KM has said 'that wasn't part of the deal, you've fucked around with Jim and Sela and you pissed off to Saudi to do your new job almost as soon as you got involved with us. You're playing at it. Invest the money as agreed or fuck off.'

If we're making stuff up, how about when Princey did the deal, KM told him that it would cost about £5-10m to get us out of this league. The Prince naively based his business plan on this and the fact KM assured him he knew how to run a club, we'd been unlucky because of Ched and the recession etc and that with a decent investment going up would be a formality.

Now, the prince has spent the money he allocated for promotion and we're still in L1. So he's turned round and said 'you told me you knew what you're doing. You've had me over. If you want me to continue to fund the club, put your money where your mouth is and match my funding. If you're so confident you can get us up, back your judgement and ability and get your wallet out'.

And KM has said 'that wasn't part of the deal, you've fucked around with Jim and Sela and you pissed off to Saudi to do your new job almost as soon as you got involved with us. You're playing at it. Invest the money as agreed or fuck off.'

Sounds very much like what I've been told. Could very well be BS but HRH had a set amount he wanted to invest on the basis McCabe would match it.

Sounds very much like what I've been told. Could very well be BS but HRH had a set amount he wanted to invest on the basis McCabe would match it.
I've been told nothing. I'm guessing.

Were the board united in the sacking of Clough or was one party more in favour?

That sounds very credible to me.

The problem stems from having 2 different parties owning us, and neither of them seeming to agree and whilst that is happening things are going from bad to worse.

Whilst ever we have McCabe and the Saudi (refuse to call him the Prince as I don't owe him any deference) running the show at loggerheads with each other, nothing will ever improve.

It needs some fucking heads getting banged together.

That sounds very credible to me.

The problem stems from having 2 different parties owning us, and neither of them seeming to agree and whilst that is happening things are going from bad to worse.

Whilst ever we have McCabe and the Saudi (refuse to call him the Prince as I don't owe him any deference) running the show at loggerheads with each other, nothing will ever improve.

It needs some fucking heads getting banged together.
They need putting in a room together but we can't find a venue big enough to accommodate both their egos.

I've been told nothing. I'm guessing.

Were the board united in the sacking of Clough or was one party more in favour?

I'm saying you have been told anything, what you are guessing at sounds similar to what I've been told.

Back
Top Bottom