West Ham fans anger at Radio Sheffield referring to us as United.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Chezzy_Blade

Reaction score
Just picked up on this one whilst seeking a few giggles on the West Ham boards. It seems I stumbled across a group of armchair supporters who regularly follow West Ham on an illegal streaming website that they have set up called Hammers TV (obviously can't post links but a simple google search shows it).

Anyway after some initial ooh-ahh regarding the fact we hadn't been chosen for TV(apparently considering how huge the game was after we attempted to send them into administration) but anyway it sounds like these guys has embedded a radio stream onto the hammers tv site however unfortunately for them it was a Radio Sheffield Stream.

It all started with the following post "In all fairness the northern two hats are being rather complimentary about us on the radio but i'm getting fed up of hearing them referred to as United, we are United not them".

This goes on for at least 15 posts believe it or not as the West Sham fans attempt to justify why they are the true United in the country, why they are bigger and bigger than us and "own" the title as such and why they should even own the rights to it over Manchester United. Let me point out that this was a serious thread, in no way, shape or form did I pick up on any form of sarcasm when reading it, they honestly believe that they are the true United and own the rights.

I thought about registering and pointing out the simple flaws in the argument however I decided against it. We've have popped their bubbles this week and seriously dented their pride. I wanted to give them something small and false to cling on to in the same way that South Barnsley do with the "massive" tag.

Last edited:

All those jeelied eels must have gone to their brains.

Fucking mongs.

LETS AVE ITTTTTT. (in a cockney accent)

I have a problem with that article...

To those of us who live in Newcastle, Sheffield, West Ham, Carlisle, Southend, Hartlepool, Scunthorpe, Leeds, Torquay, Rotherham, Peterborough, Colchester, Cambridge and Oxford, there is nothing more galling than the presumption that Manchester's second oldest football club should have some form of monopoly on the name "United".

Can you actually "live" in West Ham?

Just picked up on this one whilst seeking a few giggles on the West Ham boards. It seems I stumbled across a group of armchair supporters who regularly follow West Ham on an illegal streaming website that they have set up called Hammers TV (obviously can't post links but a simple google search shows it).

Anyway after some initial ooh-ahh regarding the fact we hadn't been chosen for TV(apparently considering how huge the game was after we attempted to send them into administration) but anyway it sounds like these guys has embedded a radio stream onto the hammers tv site however unfortunately for them it was a Radio Sheffield Stream.

It all started with the following post "In all fairness the northern two hats are being rather complimentary about us on the radio but i'm getting fed up of hearing them referred to as United, we are United not them".

This goes on for at least 15 posts believe it or not as the West Sham fans attempt to justify why they are the true United in the country, why they are bigger and bigger than us and "own" the title as such and why they should even own the rights to it over Manchester United. Let me point out that this was a serious thread, in no way, shape or form did I pick up on any form of sarcasm when reading it, they honestly believe that they are the true United and own the rights.

I thought about registering and pointing out the simple flaws in the argument however I decided against it. We've have popped their bubbles this week and seriously dented their pride. I wanted to give them something small and false to cling on to in the same way that South Barnsley do with the "massive" tag.

So we can't be called United? Well we seem to be more United than they are right now.

Every club reckons they are the oldest United and deserve to be refered to that way. Newcastle, Man U, West Ham and no doubt Scunthorpe fans think the same way.

I have a problem with that article...

Can you actually "live" in West Ham?

Technically yes as it is a former borough so those who are sentimental I suppose will still see it as west and east ham as opposed to Newham will they not? I'm no expert mind but it was formerly "west ham"

So we can't be called United? Well we seem to be more United than they are right now.

Every club reckons they are the oldest United and deserve to be refered to that way. Newcastle, Man U, West Ham and no doubt Scunthorpe fans think the same way.

They can all "think" what they want, facts are facts and we are officially the oldest and first United.

And Maidenhead United play on the oldest continually used football ground in the world

No technically about it at All. West ham is a place in the Newham Borough.

It is, though the ground is in Upton Park area which is E13 and West Ham is E15. And the ground itself only half gets into the E13 postal area, with the other half of it (Priory Road side) actually in E6 and East Ham.

It is, though the ground is in Upton Park area which is E13 and West Ham is E15. And the ground itself only half gets into the E13 postal area, with the other half of it (Priory Road side) actually in E6 and East Ham.

It's a shame East Ham hasn't got a decent football team, then they could have a proper rivalry with someone.

I'm putting Chezzy forward as an official United because with the length of the thread titles there has to be some sort of prize.

I'm putting Chezzy forward as an official United because with the length of the thread titles there has to be some sort of prize.

I'm far from a journalist therefore don't feel the need to paraphrase everything in a media type way.

As for the cereal thread started comments. If you don't like them then I wouldn't want you to waste 30 minutes of your valuable time reading them as opposed to watching the screen waiting for the next comment to appear in the chat box :D

Sticks and stones and all that! ;)

I'm far from a journalist therefore don't feel the need to paraphrase everything in a media type way.

As for the cereal thread started comments. If you don't like them then I wouldn't want you to waste 30 minutes of your valuable time reading them as opposed to watching the screen waiting for the next comment to appear in the chat box :D

Sticks and stones and all that! ;)

Nip nippity nip nip nip.

Its great when they also get so wound up,when radio pig keep going on about Morrison wearing gloves in 20 degrees and him having Ravel on his shirt instead of Morrison,they couldn't stand it,they were getting pwopper riled up.Infact Keith called him the continental english man at one point,i was laughing my bollocks off.

Back
Top Bottom