"Well played Billy"

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Lmaobob

Wind Up Merchant
Reaction score
When Billy got subbed, Gary Sinclair said "Well played Billy" over the tannoy.

In my opinion, Billy was shit today. Didn't chase down the opponents, Done did all of that, he fluffed a 1 on 1 chance with the keeper which he would've buried if it was last season (by that i mean he was miles better last season than this season) and he also played terrible ball down the line to Done and the ball went out for a throw.

Personally, Scougall had a much much better game than Sharp and he got subbed in 55th minute. No mention of "Well played Scougs"

Why does everyone love Billy, and praise him even when he has done absolutely nothing?

Apart from Lafferty, would say Billy was the worst player on the pitch so why did Gary praise him for his performance?

Like i've mentioned before, if Sharp does nothing all game and scores a 89th minute penalty to win us the game or to get us a draw, all i see is "Billy the man" "Billy our savior"

No. Billy hasn't done much at all this season, he's only got a few goals to his name because of penalties other team-mates have earnt and he takes all the credit.

Hoping others agree with how I feel about Billy and how much he is underperforming for us at the moment.

Last thing - I am happy with the win, and am relieved we did win

Said it on another post but will say it again.

Offer Billy Sharp to any manager in this division under the stipulation that he has to play every game and they would snatch your hand off. Best striker in the league only plays in this division becaus he loves United.

I thought he ran his bollocks off tonight just one of those games where nothing came off for him. He will get 20 goals this season but people will still complain.

In my opinion, Billy was shit today. Didn't chase down the opponents, Done did all of that, he fluffed a 1 on 1 chance with the keeper which he would've buried if it was last season (by that i mean he was miles better last season than this season) and he also played terrible ball down the line to Done and the ball went out for a throw.

Personally, Scougall had a much much better game than Sharp and he got subbed in 55th minute. No mention of "Well played Scougs"

Why does everyone love Billy, and praise him even when he has done absolutely nothing?

Apart from Lafferty, would say Billy was the worst player on the pitch so why did Gary praise him for his performance?

Like i've mentioned before, if Sharp does nothing all game and scores a 89th minute penalty to win us the game or to get us a draw, all i see is "Billy the man" "Billy our savior"

No. Billy hasn't done much at all this season, he's only got a few goals to his name because of penalties other team-mates have earnt and he takes all the credit.

Hoping others agree with how I feel about Billy and how much he is underperforming for us at the moment.

Why "apart from Lafferty"? Lafferty was fine tonight, including providing a very decent cross for the winner. I'm not suggesting he's a world beater, but I thought he had a decent game.

Lafferty played well and his cross for the goal was superb.

Said it on another post but will say it again.

Offer Billy Sharp to any manager in this division under the stipulation that he has to play every game and they would snatch your hand off. Best striker in the league only plays in this division becaus he loves United.

I thought he ran his bollocks off tonight just one of those games where nothing came off for him. He will get 20 goals this season but people will still complain.
Best striker in the league my arse, on this season's form he's not even a patch on Done.

I

Apart from Lafferty, would say Billy was the worst player on the pitch
If you think Lafferty was the worst player on the pitch I would suggest you haven't watched the game..Lafferty was excellent today

As for Sharp I thought he played well first half ( hold up play, bringing others into the game) and Done was awful. This switched round in the second half and Sharp was rightly replaced.

To balance the argument a little , any reason you have not mentioned the two chances that Done 'fluffed ' in the second half ?

Agree Billy was shite tonight. His all round game was shite. Wasn't happy when subbed and said something to knill. Wilder seemed to ignore him and instead gave someone some orders.

Disagree about Lafferty as I thought he did well tonight. And got an assist :)

If he gets 20 plus goals again (which I suspect him might) it will be a great season for him and us.

He might not have had the best game or be in the best form but I don't know if you're underestimating the influence and the tone he sets as captain tho. If the "blades identity" is hard work and 100% effort you cant look much further than the current front two. I'd suggest as well as goals he probably helps set the tone for the side and how wilder want them to play.

Until Lavery or Clarke can show they deserve a place over him I don't see the rational in dropping him

Harsh. Not saying he should be beyond criticism, not at all. But we're getting a bit of a feelgood factor back &, clearly, Billy getting a bit of adulation as he went off was all part of that. Can't see the harm at all.

All I want to know is that Billy's not undroppable if he does go through a sustained dip, because we have now got proper options up front (especially when Clarke returns). Wilder says no-one's undroppable & I trust him on that.

Re: the atmosphere & the closening bond amongst players and between players & fans btw - the scenes at the end were great. It was a joy staying a bit after the end & applauding them off. Things really feel like they're starting to buzz.

Best striker in the league my arse, on this season's form he's not even a patch on Done.
Why is it a competition between them both between fans. Why can't you want them both to score goals rather than praise one and slagging off the other especially after winning five pit of six. Bizarre

Thought Scougall was fairly decent first half to be fair.

That was a game not suited to Scougall at all, him up against that midfield looked like something out of The Hobbit.

If he ran his bollocks off tonight, he didn't do it within 100 yards of where I was sitting at BDTBL. Must have been elsewhere. Perhaps that secret place where Cotterill, Halford and Howard went at kick-off time at Wembley.

Sorry, but he was anonymous tonight. A Bladey sort of anonymity but anonymous nonetheless. Not saying he should be dropped or sold or horsewhipped but his performance was poor.

On second thoughts....you didn't go.
Did you see how awful he is at kicking the ball? yeah it was a good assist to Chapman... but his clearances were terrible, left foot, right foot, he kept kicking the ball out of play and cleared it with his right foot and it went straight back into the box. He's dodgy!

How many other teams in this division would take Billy Shap tomorrow If given the chance?

I reckon only about 23 of them.

He will score 20 goals + again this season injury free.

Anyone want to guess as to how many penalties earnt by other team mates will contribute to this season's total of "20+" ?

Remove Sharp and Scougall from the squad immediately and watch us fly.

Oh wait, that sounds monumentally fucking stupid.

Doesn't it......

I'll leave it to the court of Sheffield United Mob Opinion to decide.

Back
Top Bottom