Well done Monty!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Monty the motivational speaker?!

Just as an aside here. To get residency in OZZ is, to say the least difficult to impossible. Please tell us Monts h0w you have done it.

Too true Sirius....Having the same problem myself, especially coming here over 50! My sponsored employer will apply mid-July when I have completed my four years with them, and having met certain other criteria, of course.
Cheers
Gary

I try to watch Monty when I can. He's what he always was, an honest tryer who can't pass a ball but can do still do all the other stuff that needs doing and he can keep going all game. I'd say the A-League is probably as good as League 1, put it this way, I think 3 or 4 of their teams would have been in the Top 6 this season.

Monty left when the 'austerity' plan was put in place and Weir never got the chance to work with him. We saved a big wage when he moved to Oz and it suited all parties.

I can't help but feel United would have been better served by him since August 2012 and he wouldn't have commanded that much on renewal of his contract at his age and in our situation. I had no problem watching Doyle, but take Hammond in comparison to Monty. He's only a year younger, less mobile and less athletic and less stamina. Both can win the ball, Hammond in a heavy tackle, ball or man way and Monty in a harrying, smothering way. Monty less bookings, more energy and mobility even at 34 years old.

Monty was never a leader and doesn't strike you as one even as a veteran when you watch him. His general play is a lot more mature and controlled though.

Just another mistake by the club, made for the best intentions but I reckon Monty would have been one of Clough's first names on the team sheet, maybe not Weir's but probably Adkins team too.

Pleased for him personally but his team have been struggling at the bottom of the league.

He certainly did lead by example, he lead his team to the wooden spoon, finishing bottom of the table by miles by looks of it.

Monty , and some on here are wanting him back . It makes me think that the team he plays for have been so poor , he got voted player of the year as a piss take. A bit like us voting for Connor Sammon.

We got rid at the right time, as timing is everything or mistimed pass , tackle , shot in Montys case.

UTB

Monty , and some on here are wanting him back . It makes me think that the team he plays for have been so poor , he got voted player of the year as a piss take. A bit like us voting for Connor Sammon.

We got rid at the right time, as timing is everything or mistimed pass , tackle , shot in Montys case.

UTB

Can't think anybody wants Monty back My Lord but Hammond is not much younger so that is relevant and so is the fact he can't pass the ball any better than Monty.

Also I'm not sure everybody realises just how far we have sunk and how low we are. Monty would look good playing alongside some of our current players, or let's say his strengths ( not his weaknesses) would have added far more than Hammond's have done this season - and Flynn, Coutts, Basham, Baxter, Scougall, for that matter and any who have occupied that central midfield territory this season.

Now we are in League 1 people really do have red and white tinted specs on when it comes to players like Monty.

I wonder if things will get that bad we start wanting the likes of Nosworthy and Henderson back.

No!

My guts used to go all squirty watching Nyrone trying to defend.

SUFC moaner's logic:

Complaining that the current side are gutless and lacking passion & commitment, but spending 8 years giving Monty the dogs abuse despite showing those attributes every time he pulled the shirt on.

SUFC moaner's logic:

Complaining that the current side are gutless and lacking passion & commitment, but spending 8 years giving Monty the dogs abuse despite showing those attributes every time he pulled the shirt on.

Different time , different era . Expectations same .

Apathy and frustration if we even talk about Monty , never mind thinking he could do a job for us.

Fucking hell how far have we fallen , or going to fall.

UTB

I think the thing is, your Lordship, with Monty in this team, the opposition would not be running straight through the middle of the park, as they seem to with alarming regularity.

We have players who seem to live in the treatment room, I remember Monty playing for weeks with cracked ribs! I remember Cresswell doing the same.

If some of our players had the guts of Monty or Cressy, we might not be languishing in mid table.

Different time , different era . Expectations same .

Apathy and frustration if we even talk about Monty , never mind thinking he could do a job for us.

Fucking hell how far have we fallen , or going to fall.

Don't think anyone is saying he should come back, I am certainly not, I just wish we had players in the middle of the park who would go in and tackle

yes, an honest well done to Monty in his present situation.

Monty was part of the problem we ended up in this division when Micky Adams paired him and Doyle in the same centre midfield, coupled with bringing Collins to the club - we had fuck all in midfield.........no CREATIVITY...............sound familiar? and to save any confusion, it's what we have now.

Mothy was great when he had a job to do surrounded by CREATIVE midfield players - in fact, he was at the centre in allowing the others to do the good stuff while monty gave his 100% effort and commitment.

Just lots for words with some posters.

Here's to Adkins bringing in some decent, ball playing midfielders to get away from Flynn/Coutts/Hammond scenario - I've seen plenty play for the opposition this season.

UTB

Back
Top Bottom