Wednesday Night and Brayford

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ForgeBlade

Deep cover agent in S6
Reaction score
I don't post on here very often, but I do read the forum almost every day, and I felt compelled to voice my thoughts ahead of the biggest game in United's recent history. I'm as happy as the next Blade about the return of the Beard, he's clearly far too good for this division and it is a tremendous achievement by all involved to bring him "Home." However, on Wednesday night, can we leave out the Brayford chants and really get behind whoever is actually on the pitch? It's great to see him back, but he won't play any part in the attempt to reach our first cup final in 79 years, and the lads who are out there will need every bit of support we can give them. While I'm at it, let's sack off the chants about Walker that happened at WHL. Yeah, he's a Blade, and a local lad, but on Wednesday he's the enemy. He's part of the team trying to deny us a historic achievement. Give him a clap before the game, and after if he acknowledges the Blades support like he did last week, but don't sing his name during the match (unless of course the 2nd goal in our 2-0 win is a 90th minute O.G in front of the Kop).

Sing your hearts and lungs out for the lads on Wednesday. It's going to be a very special atmosphere, and for what it's worth I'm going for the required 2-0 United. JCR in the 1st half, weather a tremendous storm from Spurs in the 2nd, and McNulty with the winner in the last 5 minutes. We can all dream can't we?

Last week the main player on the pitch who was sung about by Blades was Kyle walker so don't hold your breath. Oh and Theo Walcott

I don't post on here very often, but I do read the forum almost every day, and I felt compelled to voice my thoughts ahead of the biggest game in United's recent history. I'm as happy as the next Blade about the return of the Beard, he's clearly far too good for this division and it is a tremendous achievement by all involved to bring him "Home." However, on Wednesday night, can we leave out the Brayford chants and really get behind whoever is actually on the pitch? It's great to see him back, but he won't play any part in the attempt to reach our first cup final in 79 years, and the lads who are out there will need every bit of support we can give them. While I'm at it, let's sack off the chants about Walker that happened at WHL. Yeah, he's a Blade, and a local lad, but on Wednesday he's the enemy. He's part of the team trying to deny us a historic achievement. Give him a clap before the game, and after if he acknowledges the Blades support like he did last week, but don't sing his name during the match (unless of course the 2nd goal in our 2-0 win is a 90th minute O.G in front of the Kop).

Sing your hearts and lungs out for the lads on Wednesday. It's going to be a very special atmosphere, and for what it's worth I'm going for the required 2-0 United. JCR in the 1st half, weather a tremendous storm from Spurs in the 2nd, and McNulty with the winner in the last 5 minutes. We can all dream can't we?

Points well made and welcome.

If we get a winner to take us to Wembley does anyone think Walker will jump on the pile-on at the end?

I really don't think the players will get upset that we sing about our new signing. Noise is noise, singing "nick Montgomery has a first touch like a rapist" never stopped him running his knackers off

Last week the main player on the pitch who was sung about by Blades was Kyle walker so don't hold your breath. Oh and Theo Walcott

At least that can never happen again now that Brayford is back. :D There's only one.........

Can we get a list of acceptable chants and songs please? It would be terrible to find our set have made such an error on a second occasion. Maybe you could take over the PA system and in your booming, authoritative voice shout "NO!" whenever you hear the strains of an offending overture pouring forth from our uncultured lips?

All it proves is we actually need to come up some new chants about our current crop of players.

I really don't think the players will get upset that we sing about our new signing. Noise is noise, singing "nick Montgomery has a first touch like a rapist" never stopped him running his knackers off

Or being the best player on the day.

All it proves is we actually need to come up some new chants about our current crop of players.

Surprised at Preston how many songs were aimed at individual players since Donny away.

Liverpool always seem to have 'player' songs, ours seem to be more team based; Preston was defiantly more payer based.

Which says a lot about our lack of a talisman right now.

Either way, if our support mirrors that of last Wednesday, we'll have nothing to complaim about.

UTB

Of course, "where's your foreskin gone, where's you foreskin gone" should be a main number, just to piss of the "right on" brigade.

UTB

Back
Top Bottom