Was it just me?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Going up

Reaction score
I thought that was the lightest, or trimmest I have seen Baxter all year?

I also felt that Che showed good composure at times for the little experience he has. I'm always excited when he touches the ball as I feel that, as with Murphy, Done or Davies, something can happen.

Would love to see him come on as an impact sub, especially if we need a goal, or our forwards are tiring.

I would have Murphy on the bench and play Adams, NC says he has his sights set on 5th place so I don't see many rested players.

Thought Jose looked a disgrace of a footballer, overweight and cumbersome.

Baxter and Coutts don't work, Scougall looked a much livelier proposition when he came on.

It was just you I'm afraid. He is overweight and unfit and was, as usual, blowing after an hour. It's so frustrating because he's our best player on the ball.

As for Che, I honestly don't know how people can rate his performance. I think he's young, keen and obviously needs some game time - he's exactly the kind of player we need and I'm delighted he plays for us... but he was rubbish on Saturday :) That said, all I would have done is encourage him (were I not sat in the home end).

It was just you I'm afraid. He is overweight and unfit and was, as usual, blowing after an hour. It's so frustrating because he's our best player on the ball.

As for Che, I honestly don't know how people can rate his performance. I think he's young, keen and obviously needs some game time - he's exactly the kind of player we need and I'm delighted he plays for us... but he was rubbish on Saturday :) That said, all I would have done is encourage him (were I not sat in the home end).

Personally, I thought Che laid the ball off well for some of our best chances.

I was near the back but I thought Baxter was trimmer. Good to hear other's thoughts.

Baxter can potentially be a key to unlocking defences, but we must adapt to accomodate him in the team. Adams has shown flashes of his cup form, Scrougall is looking like he is getting back to his former marauding self. Murphy knows where the net is, and he's one of our most skillful players all-round, but has looked jaded recently. Done looked like he could have been the goalscorer we've been searching for, but might only have one more game left in him this season.

I'm in the camp that says we need to gamble with the likes of Scrougs and Che, as we know that they have the potential to really rise to the really big occasion. However, our best recent performance (v Barnsley) saw Scrougs, Baxter and Done as unused subs and Che not even on the bench. Done, Scrougs and Baxter (the latter two subbed for each other) played v Yeovil and we were crap.

Clough certainly has some tough choices to make, and his team selection v Chessie will be crucial. I agree we should rest Murphy, Done should play no part, and we could rest Baxter, Kennedy, Basham, the Beard, Harris, S Davies, Howard and Freeman if needed. I wouldn't be surprised to see McNults, Doyle and / or Che in the starting lineup and a couple of different formations tried out. Chesterfield will probably be doing the same. It's to our advantage that we have a second X1 capable of winning games.

Back
Top Bottom