Warnock's agent is 'the best!'

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The Bohemian

Reaction score
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28951487

Interesting to read the inevitably conflicting perspectives on Warnock in the recent 'Tevez' thread.

I'm in the 'good Football League manager but not up to dealing with the complexities of the Premier League' camp. I am thus, utterly amazed that Palace seem set to reappoint him and will be even more astounded if he sees the season out.

you never know he might just prove some of the knockers wrong.

Didn't do a lot wrong for us - perhaps the Prem was out of his depth, but his departure from us more than likely contributed to our fast and dismal decline to the 3rd tier.

UTB

Neil Warnock 2009 : "Crystal Palace have the best fans!"
Neil Warnock 2011 : "QPR have the best fans!"
Neil Warnock 2014 : "er....."

I wish him all the best.
He's a decent manager in my view, maybe not in the top division, but a character that theyre arent many of any more. Read his book and really liked it.

Sure he can be a total twat and has some huge chips on his shoulder, but if was down in a mess I would call on characters like Colin to help me out.

Can he make it 4 out of 4 and leave another Premiership team in the drop zone?

Notts County, Sheffield United, QPR and Crystal Palace..

From the BBC piece at the time - "The 63-year-old took charge at Loftus Road in March 2010 and led Rangers to promotion last season, but leaves with them lying 17th in the top flight."

His QPR team were never in the relegation zone, part of which made his sacking harsh.

Four? QPR were not in the drop zone when he left them, and Mark Hughes did soooooooooo much better, didn't he.

And do you really think even Alex Ferguson could have kept Notts County up? I doubt that he'd have even been able to get them promoted to the top division, let alone keep them there.

What the fucking hell is the matter with some of you ,he took us to the premiership ,we had great times ,capacity crowds ,so much excitement ,why the fuck do you slag a guy off who did that for us ? It really is beyond me.

Because it was beyond him to push us on to a Premier League future.
Simple as.

Simple as.

He got 38 points when all the pundits had us down for relegation certs (as did most United fans as I recall) and had it not been for cheating would have kept us up.

Frankly, he did better in 2006-07 than most expected. Why on earth people hate him because we weren't challenging for the Champions League* is beyond me,

* hyperbole alert.

As I have put elsewhere. Warnock only had one PL class player in 06-07 (Jags). None of the other players who played have since played more than one season as a regular PL player and each time that was in a relegated team (3 managed that - Kenny, Davis and Leigterwood) and 5 others have played a handul of PL games as squad players. A good 2/3 of NW's squad in 06-07 has never played in the PL since.

I suggest that getting 38 points out of that lot was a pretty amazing acheivement.

Simple as.

And yet Bryan Robson gets less stick even though he had a bigger wage budget by some £2.5 million pounds in a lower division, and was able to spend the most money that this club has ever spent on a transfer fee (Beattie) and have us hovering just a few points above the championship relegation zone.

And yet Bryan Robson gets less stick even though he had a bigger wage budget by some £2.5 million pounds in a lower division, and was able to spend the most money that this club has ever spent on a transfer fee (Beattie) and have us hovering just a few points above the championship relegation zone.

At the risk of being a slight Devil's A, no-one slags off Robson because no-one disagrees he was an utter disaster.

Mind you, you do wonder why people slag off Warnock when he is one of only 3 managers out of 18 to have had any success over the last 40ish years (Bassett and Porterfield being the others).

Four? QPR were not in the drop zone when he left them, and Mark Hughes did soooooooooo much better, didn't he.

I'll re-phrase it then. Will this be the 4th season out of 4 where he fails to to survive in the top flight?

And yet Bryan Robson gets less stick

Is this true? I don't think you'll find one blade that says Robson was better than Warnock in any way shape or form. Some may disagree to whether Warnock was ever good enough at the top level but nobody could seriously say he wasn't a far, far better manager than Captain Carslberg

At the risk of being a slight Devil's A, no-one slags off Robson because no-one disagrees he was an utter disaster.

Mind you, you do wonder why people slag off Warnock when he is one of only 3 managers out of 18 to have had any success over the last 40ish years (Bassett and Porterfield being the others).

He actually got us promoted to the premier league on a significantly smaller wage bill than the side that got relegated to the third division.

People bang on about the fact that he fails to stay in the premier league. Could anyone else have got Notts County there, let alone kept them there?

Personally I think he's the best manager we've had since Bassett (No one else can buy a Brighton reject with a bad attitude and see him go out the door to Fenerbahce to play in the champions league a year later) and I've never enjoyed supporting the blades as much as I did when he was in charge. He's a Marmite character, and that's why he divides the fans so much, its not really about what he actually achieved with us. If he was a more subdued likeable manager that achieved exactly the same, no-one would be slagging him off at all.

Is this true? I don't think you'll find one blade that says Robson was better than Warnock in any way shape or form. Some may disagree to whether Warnock was ever good enough at the top level but nobody could seriously say he wasn't a far, far better manager than Captain Carslberg

But they don't keep bringing it up on this message board.

Every few months you can guarantee that someone will try and belittle Warnock though. (And that's being charitable about the rubbish that is spoken about him!)

In the last 39 years we have only had one other manager that has brought any success comparable to that which Warnock brought. And incredibly, there are people using this forum who slag him off as well!

What the fucking hell is the matter with some of you ,he took us to the premiership ,we had great times ,capacity crowds ,so much excitement ,why the fuck do you slag a guy off who did that for us ? It really is beyond me.

Needed saying and well done to you.

UTB

Warnock divided everybody when he was here so it's natural that will carry on when he's gone. I don't think anybody can seriously say he did anything other than a good job. When he was finally given money he achieved promotion. I'm also of the opinion that he did amazingly well to get the team we had in 2006/2007 anywhere near the survival we so nearly got. That said after doing so much right that season he did a few very important things wrong (in my mind) that in the end undid all his good work. Namely the January transfer window and his tendency to see away games at big clubs as day trips

Back
Top Bottom