CONFIRMED Walsall league game postponement

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Looks like it will be, their last one was A couple of weeks back

Bit of a joke to be having third division games postponed due to internationals.

Remember when we bravely postponed the home game against Colchester last season because David Edgar was going to be unavailable?

Bit of a joke to be having third division games postponed due to internationals.

Remember when we bravely postponed the home game against Colchester last season because David Edgar was going to be unavailable?

Was that the match before or after the Bury debacle.......thought we were turning into a decent side before those two games!

Yeah but when you only have one centre half......

Bloody annoying another Saturday home match gone. Only 3 Saturday home games before 15th October which is a pain for long distance blades.

They either need to stop all leagues at the international break or you go with what you have. The players are representing Afghanistan, Cyprus and Ireland Under 21

Fucking annoying. Especially when you find out its for Cyprus and Azerbaijan under 21s.

So it's not even Simeon Jackson for Canada and their goalkeeper for (wait for it...) Philippines then.

Only one of the players started their last game - the one who's needed to probably sit on the bench for Ireland's U21s.

These postponements shouldn't be happening in L1.

Doesn't matter if they're all playing for Outer Mongolia, they're still missing from their club side

In my view if the said internationals haven't featured for a certain percentage of games then the team affected shouldn't be able to postpone the game. Its probably the one advantage to playing in League One that we don't have to miss a week for international games and now we haven't even that pleasure! The player who's been called up for Afghanistan is only playing in a friendly too! Its annoying in that we're on good form and we just want the games to keep flowing. That said Clarke will be fit for the rearranged game and we are playing them in the Chubby Checker cup, or whatever its called, which would isn't ideal in that if we won that one it might have given them a bit more motivation to revenge the defeat in the cup game and we might have been a bit more complacent if we'd beaten them days earlier. Of course they might have beaten us anyway!

To be fair, Afghanistan are probably above Scotland in the world rankings.

The way England are of late, I don't think we can mock Scotland sadly! I'd take Gordon Strachan over Gareth Southgate as manager too!

Looking back through their games and line ups, not one of the players on international duty can be considered a regular starter or important player.

It's a fucking joke. I just really, really hope we beat them when we do play them. It'll be infuriating if we don't. I know this will make Wilder more determined.

There should be a rule that a postponement can only go ahead if at least 2 (or maybe 3) of the players have started the previous game. Certainly in League One and below. Maybe not so in the Championship with the way that league has gone.

My first weekend off work in ages, was really looking forward to a few beers and bdtbl. Wanky Walsall :mad:
Oh well, roll on tuesday night games :rolleyes:

I hope their "internationals" all come back with long term niggles. Nowt nasty just enough to fuck them up good and proper.

Great news! Was going to have to miss the game for family commitment :)

Doesn't matter if they're all playing for Outer Mongolia, they're still missing from their club side

and I don't disagree IF they're playing for the FULL side.

However, I think lower league clubs should have the right to pull their players from U21 games and, if they don't, should be made to play without them.

Obviously it's the first weekend in three when I can actually get to a game, oh well

Am up from Hampshire next weekend, was going to this one, don't get to many....Pissed off!!

Back
Top Bottom